Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
On BBC wales, just said worst case scenario, there would be no individual funerals. That's horrendous to think about

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Lonewolf

VIP Member
Remove if not allowed!!!
So annoyed with idiots on social media, you have Brenda from up the road sharing posts about schools closing....In Australia 😫 seen this a good few times with different posts obviously people are not reading things and just sharing the hell out of any shit for the sake of it!! Bit dangerous,,
Then there's people who you know full well drive moaning about not being able to get their shopping delivered for weeks 🤔 isnt thst a bit selfish on the disabled & elderly who don't drive??
Then people slating the stock pilers but making up numerous "carebags" for people in need, well hang on if they didn't just stock pile themselves to make the bloody care bags people wouldn't need them 😫😫 the list goes on I've had to remove myself from social media as its depressing the life out of me really ashamed if this type of culture we've become

Sorry for the long rant I really am 😔

Peartree

I said the same to my husband about taking things for granted. We had spag bol but we only used one tin of chopped tomatoes not two because were on rations 😂t husband left half the mince in the pan so I told him right off and have frozen it 😂
I will never take for granted going to a shop and knowing there will be food. And being able to move freely!
We had a broccoli past it’s best, so I’ve made a soup - smells like farts but tastes nice 😂

• Haha

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I keep hearing everyone comparing it to war times but it really isn’t. During the war, people cared about one another and put others’ needs before their own to help society as a whole. All I see is people looking out for themselves and it doesn’t matter what happens to anyone else.

Yes I’m being negative but I’ve had a truly awful day all round. My income is now 25% of what it was and I feel worried for the future.

• Sad

grumpycat

VIP Member
I had an elderly neighbour pop by all emotional at the note we popped through. He was really touched we had thought of them but they had managed to get some shopping that morning. I said to him that he needs to keep hold of our details for anytime, 6 days or 6 weeks. They are welcome to come over (probably not recommended!) if they need to.
it really touched my heart, how touched he was.
I did have a joke and said how hard it was to keep the elders inside because they’re so stubborn and he laughed and agreed but said he understands why they must do it.
it must be so scary to be about 70/80 and have your freedom removed. They’re not like us, with the power of the internet to stay connected. I can’t believe I’ve not thought of it that way before.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Alightened

VIP Member
Boris always seems to look out of his depth when answering questions, he just mumbles and bumbles along without actually giving out any information.

Argento

I am far more impressed by today's briefing.

Compared to the last couple of days they appear more upbeat suggesting to me that positive things are happening behind the scenes.

Boris in particular has always struck me as a politician who very much gives away how things are going in tone of voice and his physical demeanour/ Today he seemed more confident, open and engaging in his answers. His stance and movement more strident and determined.

After looking pretty haggard and downbeat I thought the medical expert seemed very positive and assured in their actions.

Having felt down for much of today I feel much better after that.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
There a rumour circulating that Price Phillip has died and they’re holding off the announcement until the lockdown is in place 😮🤔
in times of uncertainty, one thing we can all be sure of is Philips weekly death.

I didn’t think he started dying until the clocks go forward though, then through to December.
it gets earlier every year. Hope that isn’t a prediction, like the groundhog on groundhogs day. 😨

(I hope it’s a joke, if not this will self combust in 5, 4, 3....)

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
My mother in law has gone on a rant about benefits scroungers and foreign aid are the cause of the NHS issues and why they are struggling with Corona.
However the woman has never worked, had four children on the NHS, all educated by the state and for nearly 20 years has been taking a state pension and has the rent for her 3 bed house all paid for by the state. And she thinks she's never had a penny in benefits!! I don't begrudge pensioners at all, but she's not thankful at how easy she's had it and instead acts as if she's been hard done by!! People who get JSA are not scroungers, they make it fooking difficult and misserable to claim even if you've been working for decades and need it for a coupla weeks
That’s us. We are just about to receive our first UC payment ever. We have both worked hard ever since we were able, life threw us a curveball and our circumstances changed. Nobody realises the shame we feel about having to claim for benefits. That alone was enough incentive for us both to keep applying everywhere for jobs. I’m going back into work in the coming weeks and unfortunately because of the current situation with Covid-19, my OH’s new job fell through and he has to keep looking for something else. I imagine many more people will become reliant on UC in the coming weeks just to survive. People need to be less judgemental. “Until you’ve walked a mile in my shoes...” and all that.

The NHS isn’t struggling because of benefit scroungers. It’s failing because the government don’t invest enough into it and a lot of people take it for granted.

lozboz

As previously mentioned my dad lives in China, complete hearsay (as everything seems to be atm), but thought a few people on here may be interested. Many people are becoming sure this started in the US! Apparently they were hit by an horrendous “flu season” in October and sent hundreds of soldiers to Wuhan in November. The doctor who first alerted the Chinese government they had a sars-like virus starting had started making links to soldiers, but has sadly died now. US have admitted they may have misdiagnosed corona deaths as flu as early as October and I saw a poor American woman on another thread suggest her husband had died from something so similar to coronavirus last year! Makes me think why that orange prick continues to call it the Chinese virus, despite being told not to, throw off the scent🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 18

HamburgerHelper

I’m at Center parcs, yesterday and this morning it’s been completely normal but now we’ve seen 2 cars leaving and the sports plaza is almost empty and it’s always packed. Also some kids were mean to my daughter so fuck them

• Haha

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Yes. They made VERY clear before closing the schools that it would take careful consideration because if they closed them, it is not enough to close them for a few weeks, it would be months.
Makes sense. I don’t think me and my 3 kids would make it to September tbh-they’d have better chances of survival if I just let them wander the streets 🤪

• Haha

lozboz

A bit off topic but is anyone else finding it hard to engage in any other gossip whilst this is going on? I saw brummy mummy’s pamphlet whilst getting some supplies and didn’t even feel rage😂😂😂 (Did consider it for extra bog roll tho...)

• Haha

Calabria

VIP Member
My friend who is a Doctor said something wise to me this evening which made me pause for thought so I thought I’d share it here but take of it what you will.

It’s important to remember that there is a difference between dying OF Coronavirus and dying WITH Coronavirus.

Maattte. So much sympathy. Nurses and doctors and other nhs employees are quite rightly getting their due appreciation right now, but seriously you and your colleagues deserve it too. You’re heroes ! For real, not being glib. If we didn’t have people to work in the supermarkets we’d be fucked. I hope it gets better soon...
Surely it can’t go on like this for much longer?
Yes, supermarket workers, anyone involved in the food chain, post office people and amazon delivery drivers are all heroes too!!! And the dustbin people Without all of these people the country will grind to a halt and we need them all.

• Heart

Horatio

VIP Member
soz a bit irrelevant but..

I joined Tattle thinking awh I'll share all my thoughts on these influencers but soon realised I can't keep up with ya'll lol when i see someone posts on insta and then I come on here and like five people have already wrote what I was gonna say. As for YouTube to be honest I can't be bothered to watch anyone who annoys me anymore 😂 also its a bit sad im a bit scared to post sometimes incase everyone disagrees with me and thinks im daft! Even though no one knows who i am 😂 so I feel like it's kinda pointless me being here now but can i just say this thread has been really useful to stay updated & just want to say thank you to everyone who has replied to me about my posts about feeling anxious with what's going on it has actually helped me xx
Ah mate, I promise you no one will think you daft. That’s not the mood. Especially in
This thread where I thjnk everyone is quite tumed in to similar anxieties. We’ve kind of watched this thing play out all together...
At most someone might correct someone else but politely... people are reasonably mature and respectful and almost no one will go in on someone for no reason.
Maybe after a bit of back and forth that escalates but that’s more a consensual internet argument between two adult posters...😉

But lurking is quite alright too, no pressure to post. I just don’t want you to feel you can’t either And youve already done over 70... the more you do the easier it gets to post rubbish, trust me...

• Heart

Globe

So many people I know seem to be thinking this will all be over in a couple weeks and we'll go back to normal! I know it's overwhelming but come on.

• Wow

Mizzdee

Can’t sleep. Wishing I hadn’t taken a career in front line health care. Terrified. Sorry. Might have PMT too 🤔 making me anxious. Wish I could self isolate
You don't have to apologise for being scared. But thank you so much for the work you do. The country relies on people just like you 💖

• Heart