Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fuming.... went into local shop... they are charging £6 for 4 toilet rolls. Won’t be shopping there again now or when this is all over!! Disgusting!
Is it just in America where surge pricing is illegal? Or have i made that up entirely. Also how fecking weird - your username is my old nickname and socails

• Wow
Reactions: 2
They won't announce a lockdown in advance if its for a certain area of the UK instead of the whole country because some people would leave that area and then risk creating another hotspot.

Someone tested positive in London but went to his second home in Polzeath, Cornwall to self isolate. He went into the little shops to get supplies and they then had to then close for a deep clean. This was a couple of weeks ago but it just demonstrates how selfish people are. And some people, if given pre warning will move around the country, thinking only of themselves.
I think this will happen loads, especially now the schools are closing. Many will head for open spaces for the ‘fresh air’ . It would be helpful for the government to tell people to stay put.

Reactions: 3
There a rumour circulating that Price Phillip has died and they’re holding off the announcement until the lockdown is in place 😮🤔
in times of uncertainty, one thing we can all be sure of is Philips weekly death.

I didn’t think he started dying until the clocks go forward though, then through to December.
it gets earlier every year. Hope that isn’t a prediction, like the groundhog on groundhogs day. 😨

(I hope it’s a joke, if not this will self combust in 5, 4, 3....)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I said the same to my husband about taking things for granted. We had spag bol but we only used one tin of chopped tomatoes not two because were on rations 😂t husband left half the mince in the pan so I told him right off and have frozen it 😂
I will never take for granted going to a shop and knowing there will be food. And being able to move freely!
We had a broccoli past it’s best, so I’ve made a soup - smells like farts but tastes nice 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just a thought regarding loo roll - but baby wipes/beauty wipes and a nappy sack/doggy poo bag to put them in would work, yes? Obvs wash hands after, but......trying to think ahead here, in a what if scenario. Also there are tons of these things left on the shelves as well, not at £10.00 a pack I might add!
Yes, every time I’ve gone to Crete, there are signs in all the toilets to not put toilet paper down the loo, they have bins specially for the TP, so just use what you have and bag it separately.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
We had a broccoli past it’s best, so I’ve made a soup - smells like farts but tastes nice 😂
I mean as long as we’ve all got toilet roll we’re grand right?!

on a lighter and positive note, has anyone seen the pictures of the Venice canals all clean for the first time in however long?

Reactions: 16
Philip doesn't want a state funeral. So I don't know why they'd hold back if he had snuffed it?

Reactions: 4
In the big Asda right now and not a single piece of fruit to be found 🧐
no bread cakes frozen food milk literally nothing I have never seen shops like it it makes it more scary now you can’t even get food! I know they will be restocked but still I am glad I did my online Shop last week

Reactions: 5
I do hate it when you see people post - a friend of my cousin has a sister in law that knows someone who says blah, blah....

But I did also hear about the lockdown from Friday night, not just being London, but also Glasgow (highest numbers in Scotland) Obviously it could very well be a lot of rubbish and I haven't posted about it on my social media, but saw another person posting about it here.

Reactions: 5
no bread cakes frozen food milk literally nothing I have never seen shops like it it makes it more scary now you can’t even get food! I know they will be restocked but still I am glad I did my online Shop last week
I had to pop out to get dog food, the grocery store I went to seemed stocked up on most things including fresh products. There wasn't any toilet paper, chicken, and some bare shelves in the canned area. I am making a veggie curry tonight that will last a few days.

Reactions: 1
On a positive note, can I say thank you to everyone posting their comments. Funny, not so funny, some I agree with , some I don’t. People just engaging with each other and being respectful, helpful and very real. It’s a great forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Is it just in America where surge pricing is illegal? Or have i made that up entirely. Also how fecking weird - your username is my old nickname and socails
I have a friend in Illinois who said they have stamped out the price gouging immediately. Don’t know about other states. She said the bars and restaurants are closing but take out us still happening. People there were hoarding toilet paper, sanitiser and rubbing alcohol but supplies are still being delivered. She is out in the country and had slowly stocked up.

Reactions: 2
My child has an EHCP as he has autism and learning difficulties. I’m confused to whether he’ll carry on at his special needs school now? I expect they’ll update us tomorrow.
I'm pages behind so sorry if people have been already talking about this. My sons special school closed today, but now after this news from Boris, I have no idea if the school will reopen and my son (who has an Ehcp) will have to go to school. I would really much prefer him to be home. I'm so confused right now.

I keep hearing everyone comparing it to war times but it really isn’t. During the war, people cared about one another and put others’ needs before their own to help society as a whole. All I see is people looking out for themselves and it doesn’t matter what happens to anyone else.

Yes I’m being negative but I’ve had a truly awful day all round. My income is now 25% of what it was and I feel worried for the future.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I do hate it when you see people post - a friend of my cousin has a sister in law that knows someone who says blah, blah....

But I did also hear about the lockdown from Friday night, not just being London, but also Glasgow (highest numbers in Scotland) Obviously it could very well be a lot of rubbish and I haven't posted about it on my social media, but saw another person posting about it here.
Hell yeah! Make it happen (god did I just say that out loud? oops!)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.