Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
There are so many contradictions out there though; my kids schools are open, along with all their after-school clubs (guitar, swimming, gym etc.), but then a birthday party at the weekend should be cancelled? I’m not arguing with you I promise (!) but to be fair I can see where confusion is arising on some aspects.
I would say school and some after school clubs are required to carry on for as long as allowed so that parents can still go to work.

Birthday parties however, not really essential.

justnosy

If a nationwide lockdown happened, I wonder if schools would then be totally closed, or still open to staff and children of key workers?

I'm a secondary teacher and it sounds as though I'll be moved to different schools as and when needed. It's also been mentioned that schools will remain open throughout what would have been the Easter holidays for the children of key workers.

I'm not sure how the 'skeleton staff' idea is going to play out. A rota maybe. Or maybe it will just be the case that all teachers and school staff go to work as normal until they become ill or need to self isolate? As there will be such a high level of absence it will be a constant in/out of staff. I guess I'll find out when I go to work tomorrow.

Also - the underlying health conditions thing. How does this work? I'm asthmatic and asthma is on the list of conditions. My headteacher said today that some staff have had phonecalls (presumably from their GP) to say that they need to work from home because of pregnancy or health conditions so have been sent home. I've not had a phonecall. Is that because my asthma isn't considered a severe enough condition? Or do they not call people and it's up to me to request to work from home? Should I be working from home? Or not because I'm a 'key worker' so just have to carry on despite being asthmatic? As I'm sure that nurses etc with the listed health conditions will still have to go in to work? I'm not sure whether to mention it to my head. I wish the guidelines were clearer. I need to check with my GP really but I know they'll be so busy right now. Is anyone else in a similar position?