Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was on the Secret Celeb Gossip thread just now - rumours of the army being deployed from Friday (apparently true) and also Prince Philip has died and it will be announced in the next couple of days.
Everything is just so bloody wierd right now. Who knows what is true any more.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Is anyone else worried they won’t be able to feed the children all of the shops around here are completely empty!!
Myself and a good friend of mine both have close family in italy who were in contact with who are all absolutely horrified at the state of the empty shelves here (friends aunty even offered to send her a food package). There is more than enough for everyone there because most people are just shopping normally. Theres no shortage of food, people are just being dicks. It is a worrying sight but it will pass ❤

Reactions: 4
It was on the Secret Celeb Gossip thread just now - rumours of the army being deployed from Friday (apparently true) and also Prince Philip has died and it will be announced in the next couple of days.
Everything is just so bloody wierd right now. Who knows what is true any more.
Poor phillip thats the 4th time hes died in a year :(

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Yet again I'm left even more un certain than before... I work in a special school, which will still be open, but my kids will be home? Or am I an essential worker now! Boris a blundering idiot. Ffs this is a tit show.

Reactions: 1
You know when someone writes Trigger before a post so you know it’s going to potentially upset you... but you read it anyway and it upsets you

Yeah that’s me 🙋🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I feel like Boris and co. took the wrong advice a week ago and they’re now playing catch up, maybe to be different from the rest?
hoping they’d come out ahead of every other country financially by doing it a different way,
I could be wrong though. Its all to play for, bad terminology 😐 but he took a big gamble going against the norm. something about him is so cock sure, it could be why I feel that way.

Reactions: 12
What about nurseries? I am due back at work on Monday at mine after 11 weeks on SSP because I NEED the income. But now I have no childcare because my Mum can't have her, so I'll have to ask the in-laws - they have just turned 60 but are healthy and not in a vunerable group so should be okay.
My nursery emailed saying they have no plans to close but its up to the early years team and local trust

Reactions: 1
Myself and a good friend of mine both have close family in italy who were in contact with who are all absolutely horrified at the state of the empty shelves here (friends aunty even offered to send her a food package). There is more than enough for everyone there because most people are just shopping normally. Theres no shortage of food, people are just being dicks. It is a worrying sight but it will pass ❤
I’m hoping when the lockdown happens the idiots will be at home in their toilet roll forts and the sane people will have an easier time in the supermarkets. 🤞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I am far more impressed by today's briefing.

Compared to the last couple of days they appear more upbeat suggesting to me that positive things are happening behind the scenes.

Boris in particular has always struck me as a politician who very much gives away how things are going in tone of voice and his physical demeanour/ Today he seemed more confident, open and engaging in his answers. His stance and movement more strident and determined.

After looking pretty haggard and downbeat I thought the medical expert seemed very positive and assured in their actions.

Having felt down for much of today I feel much better after that.
I agree. I felt like he had his tit together for the most part and he had some authority in his voice. or a boot up his arse!

Either way, I think (and hope) this is positive stuff.

Reactions: 7
I'm on day 4 of lockdown at home in Spain, hoping it doesn't last longer the 15 days 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 4
*Trigger*

My OH just told me something that he should know better than to tell me. His colleague's daughter works at a hospital in the Midlands where there have been deaths. One of the people who passed was 24 years old. Following a caesarean procedure, her and her newborn passed, both had tested positive for COVID-19. No known underlying health conditions.

Nurses at the hospital have been told that the army are coming. They will be preparing makeshift mortuaries.

I started shaking and threw up. I can't believe he just told me that. 😔😭

Are there any NHS staff here who can shine some light? I feel physically sick.
I'm not saying anyone is lying but I wouldn't take this as gospel. Because they reported the youngest death (in the UK) yesterday as that father of two who was 45.
Again i'm not saying it isn't true because it could be and they might just not be reporting it but it contradicts what the news has been saying. I feel like a case like this would gain some attention.

Reactions: 10
I’m hoping when the lockdown happens the idiots will be at home in their toilet roll fortes and the sane people will have an easier time in the supermarkets. 🤞
I’m not defending the corona hoarding,
I don’t think anyone would defend it, but looking at it from a different prospective, there are a lot of people who are feeling so anxious and overwhelmed and the only thing they can do is shop 🤷‍♀️ Not retail therapy shop, but their anxiety is making them obsess over what they CAN control, and for some that’s making sure they can feed their family and themselves, planning what they need and making sure they have 18 spare tins of cheesy beans 😐

I wonder what percentage are selfish dickheads, and what percentage are people really struggling with the lack of control looking for ways to make themselves feel better.

im saying again I’m not defending it at all. Some people are just greedy, but some are looking for a buoy when they’ve mentally gone overboard.

its not always fair to put everyone in the head category.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
great content for drama channels 😆
silly idiot who’s gutted her Coachella outfit has to be shelved for a few months. Poor baby. we don’t understand the struggles of the dim
Oh the drama channels have been busy with Nikki de Martino and her 'it's Corona time' Tik Tok contribution, guess it keeps Rich Lux in cheap crowns!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Army is being deployed into cities as they will be locked down and it’s to stop looters and rioters. It’s not to shoot down people going to the co op or to run people over with tanks who are innocently getting milk.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I had to have a conversation with my son- told him that if schools close there is going to be a routine to our day and it will be a balance of work and play 😬
just had same convo with my two ..im already working from home so ive told them it will be like a school day with break, lunch etc. i have to do this myself when WFH so I have structure and routine...my youngest probably thought she was gonna have weeks of tik tok , Face time and meeting uo with her friends!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.