Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We would have more warning, it won’t be this friday
Boris did say that further measures would be happening, and fast if required. Maybe people would panic more if they said anything in advance. After all, they have just shut the schools, so if they mention a lockdown too, everyone would totally freak out! I'm not saying that's the case, and I do hope you are right about a bit of warning :)

Reactions: 7
I don’t mean to be rude but when has anything ever come from a ‘my friend who’s in xxxx said xxx’ situation.

don’t panic for something that’s not been confirmed.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t mean to be rude but when has anything from ‘my friend who’s in xxxx said xxx’ situation.

don’t panic for something that’s not been confirmed.
Yes I agree. I tend to just nod and say ok, but not really think on it further until something definite has happened/is happening relating to the event.

Reactions: 4
Can I just say that when all this is over I will never take anything for granted again.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I saw a tweet from a taxi driver asking if they could help out with supermarket deliveries - great idea. Apart from lack of chiller facility. But they could drive the supermarket vans.

Reactions: 8
Unfortunately the army need to be deployed to prevent selfish twats ransacking supermarkets.

Reactions: 7
Can I just say that when all this is over I will never take anything for granted again.
Oh bless you. I feel the same. My husband has been laughing at me tonight cos I put a courgette in our omelette for tea. I said I can’t waste this courgette we live in times of no waste mate 😂👍

I want a street party when this is over where people snog each other in the street.
I wont be doing any snogging thou thanks I feel too old.
Was thinking the same today 😂🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve got a headache and feel tired which is probably because I’ve been doing uni work on my laptop all day and not had any fresh air today but I can’t help but worry now 😩😩

Oh bless you. I feel the same. My husband has been laughing at me tonight cos I put a courgette in our omelette for tea. I said I can’t waste this courgette we live in times of no waste mate 😂👍

Was thinking the same today 😂🙏
My son asked for beans then didn’t want them and I was like no no no we can’t waste food So he ate the beans 😂

Reactions: 11
They won't announce a lockdown in advance if its for a certain area of the UK instead of the whole country because some people would leave that area and then risk creating another hotspot.

Someone tested positive in London but went to his second home in Polzeath, Cornwall to self isolate. He went into the little shops to get supplies and they then had to then close for a deep clean. This was a couple of weeks ago but it just demonstrates how selfish people are. And some people, if given pre warning will move around the country, thinking only of themselves.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
They won't announce a lockdown in advance if its for a certain area of the UK instead of the whole country because some people would leave that area and then risk creating another hotspot.

Someone tested positive in London but went to his second home in Polzeath, Cornwall to self isolate. He went into the little shops to get supplies and they then had to then close for a deep clean. This was a couple of weeks ago but it just demonstrates how selfish people are. And some people, if given pre warning will move around the country, thinking only of themselves.
That’s true, I heard London could be the first for this

Everyone complaining on my local group that boris shouldn't be taking the decision out of the parents hands re: school.

Do they not realise that one of the issues is that there are less teachers to actually teach their kids??? School near me had 20 teachers off to had to close and I learned today that the primary school that my daughter attends (she's in the nursery attached) had 10 teachers off.

It's a health and safety issue! People are just so ignorant
My son finished today as his year group has a staff shortage because of Teachers in Isolation.

Reactions: 1
I said the same to my husband about taking things for granted. We had spag bol but we only used one tin of chopped tomatoes not two because were on rations 😂t husband left half the mince in the pan so I told him right off and have frozen it 😂
I will never take for granted going to a shop and knowing there will be food. And being able to move freely!

Reactions: 23
So all my collegues with underlying health conditions have been sent home for yoto 16 weeks . My husband who works at the same place but a different building has not been told to. He has diabetes and when hw mentioned to his boss he was at risk thwy just laughed and said diabetes was not a risk factor. I work in a medical centre so am at extra risk of getting it(we have had at least 5 suspected cases in this week) i'm terrified and don't know what to do.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
we all said that in 2008, but humans forget,we get greedy and selfish again,
I suppose it’s Iike childbirth 🤣
you mentally block out the tit, literally and figuratively, and go back to normal. Maybe this time will be different, if were really are going back to post WW2 times, it’s gonna be an interesting year, maybe decade ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Fuming.... went into local shop... they are charging £6 for 4 toilet rolls. Won’t be shopping there again now or when this is all over!! Disgusting!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.