Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had the bin emptied, so I put my rubber gloves on, got the bin and wiped it down with anti bac wipes, now I feel the need to go spray it with bleach. Not sure if I am going a bit over the top.
I bleached my bins, front door, letter box, door handles and light switches. I will do this everyday with a weak bleach spray. It helps to keep busy and I feel like I'm being proactive 😂

Reactions: 7
Just had the bin emptied, so I put my rubber gloves on, got the bin and wiped it down with anti bac wipes, now I feel the need to go spray it with bleach. Not sure if I am going a bit over the top.
Mate you're more likely to get D&V doing that than Corona. Wash your hands and don't go near the bin! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Having heard nothing back from my employer and still having nothing in writing, I have sent an email this morning:

Hi,

I initially reached out to see if it were possible for me to work from home. This came from a place of me trying to strike a balance between protecting myself in line with government advice and also wanting to still work and contribute. I like working for XXXX. I felt that if I were to continue regularly attending the office that if I were to become infected with the virus and have to be off for two weeks or longer (without working) that it would be a bad situation for everyone involved. I wouldn’t be able to continue to still be productive in that scenario.

I received a phone call from XXXX yesterday where I was told that a laptop could not be provided for me because there was no means to provide one. I was also told that all of my work has been given to others in the office and that I am to be paid sick pay.

My understanding of the regulation is that if I am not able to work or have Covid-19 symptoms, that is when sick pay becomes relevant. As I am ultimately willing and able to work, if I were able to buy my own laptop, would this work better for everyone and resolve the issue? Alternatively, if there is no other option, I can attend work at the office.

I am concerned that if they do move to lock us down fully by the weekend that I have things at the office that I need to work from home efficiently. I would like to be able to collect them if possible.

I haven’t come to the office today as I was asked not to by XXXX yesterday.

On a personal level, I have been up most of the night worrying about this and I am worried that the tone of my initial request was misunderstood. I am not the type of person to look to get out of work at the drop of a hat. I can’t lie to you - I am scared about coronavirus. I was extremely malnourished and thin near Christmas when my Crohn’s was diagnosed and now I have learned that the drugs that keep me healthy have the potential to put me at high risk of death in this situation. My anxiety is very high, but as I mentioned previously, I respected that there was the chance that you may say no to home working.

I look forward to hearing back from you when possible and whether you would like me to come into the office today.

Thank you

Kind regards,

————————————

Honestly if they don’t reply or think that’s rude then that’s just that. I don’t think that there is anything else I can do, I feel so anxious and upset.
I've been thinking a bit further about your situation. If they don't get back to you or allow you to work from home I think you should remind your employer that they have a statutory duty to protect your health and welfare at work under the terms of UK health and safety legislation. These are laws and they are not optional, they have to abide by them whether they like it or not. You might find this of interest https://www.hse.gov.uk/news/coronavirus.htm

Hope you get things sorted out!

Reactions: 6
I don’t know how true this is but it’s interesting and if legit, could help anyone struggling.
6BBCCAD0-FD7E-4B5C-BE68-29DDBDF4B7D2.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I’ve just took a delivery of clothes for my little boy, I’ve scrubbed my hands and arms, washed the door handles, thrown the clothes in the wash and alcohol sprayed the new shoes. Defiantly Felt like I was being abit crazy 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My husband is being tested today - we are waiting on them to come to the house
He woke up with a high temp 38.4 and most recently it was 38.8

I have banished him to his man cave until the test people come and ive scrubbed the house to an inch of its life!
Do you mind me asking how you got them to come out? My partners temp is spiking at about 38.2/38.3

Reactions: 1
Do you mind me asking how you got them to come out? My partners temp is spiking at about 38.2/38.3
We called our GP and they arranged it - I probably should have mentioned in that post that I am in Ireland so maybe its a different process here to the UK

Reactions: 1
At my school we are currently partially closed due to low staff levels. I imagine schools in England will be closed next week following Scotland and Wales

Reactions: 5
A family member of mine has been rushed into hospital with symptoms. She’s in a bad way.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.