Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My children's school have just sent out an email saying school is open, but please, if you can keep you child/ren at home. I went to local GP surgery today to get my repeat prescription (asthmatic) and they wouldn't let anyone in, just passed out scripts to us through a window 😳
They aren't letting District Nurses in either. I was sent away and told to call or email 😂

Reactions: 1
Alexander Boris Johnson has been known to 'muss up' his hair before interviews on purpose to appear more of a lovable rogue, man of the people and detract from what he is actually saying.
IT'S NOT WORKING !!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
quoting
[youtube]E2kqSc5qds0

NE journal of medicine
in the air - 3 hours
On copper - 4 hours
Cardboard- 24 hours
Plastic/stainless steel - 3 days

her stats are way off in comparison.

Well, this is what she says in her caption with regard to sources. She’s a credible journalist who works for reputable publications. This being “Fake news” in the sense of entirely making up the info and this caption ? I don’t think so. Is there a range of information and studies on this subject ? Of course. As she acknowledges.
View attachment 96935

• Haha
Reactions: 3
As previously mentioned my dad lives in China, complete hearsay (as everything seems to be atm), but thought a few people on here may be interested. Many people are becoming sure this started in the US! Apparently they were hit by an horrendous “flu season” in October and sent hundreds of soldiers to Wuhan in November. The doctor who first alerted the Chinese government they had a sars-like virus starting had started making links to soldiers, but has sadly died now. US have admitted they may have misdiagnosed corona deaths as flu as early as October and I saw a poor American woman on another thread suggest her husband had died from something so similar to coronavirus last year! Makes me think why that orange prick continues to call it the Chinese virus, despite being told not to, throw off the scent🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I have sneezed loads today - any thoughts?
Overdone the dusting maybe? :) But seriously, nobody on here is a medical expert, so if you have nothing else going on, don't panic, and if you get unwell with other stuff, then phone NHS for guidance. (y)

Reactions: 4
Sorry for the boring question but I am self employed, when the schools close I’m going to lose my income - my income maintains my 30 hours free childcare, will I have to declare myself unemployed and lose my childcare then claim for it again when I get back to work. I’m panicking and confused
when you’re code is due for renewal you’ll get a 3 month grace period. This is in place so people finding themselves out of work have a period to find work again without losing eligibility.

Reactions: 3
Saw my folks for the last time today potentially for a while. Whilst my mum was a bit blaise about it all, my dad was very emotional - almost in tears as I left. He knows he's one of the most vunerable (particularly if mum doesn't adhere to any lockdowns), and actually said he hopes he gets through it to see us soon. I put on a brave face but will admit I've been broken since - how have we come to this? I may be almost (not quite!) 36 but he's still my daddy at the end of the day. I know at the end of the day resources need to be directed to those most likely to survive but that doesn't make this any bleeping easier. Just crossing everything that our family will come through this unscathed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
quoting

NE journal of medicine
in the air - 3 hours
On copper - 4 hours
Cardboard- 24 hours
Plastic/stainless steel - 3 days

her stats are way off in comparison.
This is the exact study she mentions in her caption which I screen shotted. The one she says isn’t peer reviewed as was only published a week ago and though it found shorter times - she gives examples of several of the times youve written which is how i know for sure - she wanted to err on the side of caution.

Edit - here it is again

BD48E410-5C2C-4FCB-A0B0-0AF0AEE94318.jpeg

Saw my folks for the last time today potentially for a while. Whilst my mum was a bit blaise about it all, my dad was very emotional - almost in tears as I left. He knows he's one of the most vunerable (particularly if mum doesn't adhere to any lockdowns), and actually said he hopes he gets through it to see us soon. I put on a brave face but will admit I've been broken since - how have we come to this? I may be almost (not quite!) 36 but he's still my daddy at the end of the day. I know at the end of the day resources need to be directed to those most likely to survive but that doesn't make this any bleeping easier. Just crossing everything that our family will come through this unscathed.
I’m getting confused about all this. Do you have symptoms? Because I don’t and I’m not sure if I still need to stay away from my dad (under 70 but diabetic), my aunt and granny (both over 70)?

I really liked the chancellor’s speech tonight but I still feel like BoJo needs a rocket up his arse. In layman’s terms he needs to say - we’re all in this together. We need to take this seriously and social distance to slow this thing down. Emergency childcare in schools and communities for the front line workers only - everyone else keep your kids off and at home. Not only to protect our NHS and in turn our loved ones that might need it, but also to help us get back to normal as quickly as we can. That’s all of us. Even you Joe Bloggs who’s gagging for a pint or you Sue who‘s survived the war and doesn’t want to give up her coffee in the garden centre of a Wednesday morning. ALL OF US. Together. As a United Kingdom.
It should be a speech that’s printed on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow, every online headline. He HAS speech writers, they can work remotely, where are they?? I really do think this country’s in desperate need of pulling together and a morale boost. He could do it for his Brexit campaign, he needs to find it from somewhere now.

It’s clear that they don’t want to lock us down completely in the hope of some sort of herd immunity and to prevent already stretched police resources being wasted on trying to enforce it. But if we could convince even half of the people who think it’s a load of nonsense to actually do it, we’d have a much better chance of beating this thing.
I vote you as next pm with that speach 😀 totally agree with you

Reactions: 8
I’m getting confused about all this. Do you have symptoms? Because I don’t and I’m not sure if I still need to stay away from my dad (under 60 but diabetic), my aunt and granny (both over 70)?
I have no symptoms but they say symptoms can be silent don’t they? My dad is 67 and diabetic and I’ve told him to stay in now. I don’t want to go near him in case I’m carrying it and pass it on x

Reactions: 4
i work at a large chain supermarket and being at work nearly every day makes me feel like im cracking up. our shop is heaving ALL day and people are behaving in such a vile manner to me and my colleagues that its getting me down. i wish the country would lockdown properly because i am tired of people not taking it seriously and i feel like i am going out of my mind being a public space with possibly unhygienic people. at least in a lockdown i would be able to get some personal space and fewer customers. it also just feels very unfair (i understand why, dont get me wrong) that i have to continue to work in such a space but i am willingly social distancing from everything else.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
i work at a large chain supermarket and being at work nearly every day makes me feel like im cracking up. our shop is heaving ALL day and people are behaving in such a vile manner to me and my colleagues that its getting me down. i wish the country would lockdown properly because i am tired of people not taking it seriously and i feel like i am going out of my mind being a public space with possibly unhygienic people. at least in a lockdown i would be able to get some personal space and fewer customers. it also just feels very unfair (i understand why, dont get me wrong) that i have to continue to work in such a space but i am willingly social distancing from everything else.
so sorry for you! I used to work retail and people were shits then so I cannot imagine what they are like now. Disgusting

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.