Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jamhead

VIP Member
They won't announce a lockdown in advance if its for a certain area of the UK instead of the whole country because some people would leave that area and then risk creating another hotspot.

Someone tested positive in London but went to his second home in Polzeath, Cornwall to self isolate. He went into the little shops to get supplies and they then had to then close for a deep clean. This was a couple of weeks ago but it just demonstrates how selfish people are. And some people, if given pre warning will move around the country, thinking only of themselves.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

HideTheHunter

Jeez! Tattle went down for me for a few mins and it nearly ended me! Never have I laughed / commiserated / tried to help out with so many strangers I will likely not get to meet, and it actually made me feel shock when the site dropped. This is such a lovely place to be, so thank you all so very much. :love:
* This post may or may not have been influenced by wine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Danielle1

soz a bit irrelevant but..

I joined Tattle thinking awh I'll share all my thoughts on these influencers but soon realised I can't keep up with ya'll lol when i see someone posts on insta and then I come on here and like five people have already wrote what I was gonna say. As for YouTube to be honest I can't be bothered to watch anyone who annoys me anymore 😂 also its a bit sad im a bit scared to post sometimes incase everyone disagrees with me and thinks im daft! Even though no one knows who i am 😂 so I feel like it's kinda pointless me being here now but can i just say this thread has been really useful to stay updated & just want to say thank you to everyone who has replied to me about my posts about feeling anxious with what's going on it has actually helped me xx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Bostonx

VIP Member
Iv just seen another makeup artist say "I'll be cleaning and disinfectanting my brushes between every client also" yeah you should have been doing that anyways.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Marcos SP

My mother in law has gone on a rant about benefits scroungers and foreign aid are the cause of the NHS issues and why they are struggling with Corona.
However the woman has never worked, had four children on the NHS, all educated by the state and for nearly 20 years has been taking a state pension and has the rent for her 3 bed house all paid for by the state. And she thinks she's never had a penny in benefits!! I don't begrudge pensioners at all, but she's not thankful at how easy she's had it and instead acts as if she's been hard done by!! People who get JSA are not scroungers, they make it fooking difficult and misserable to claim even if you've been working for decades and need it for a coupla weeks

• Wow
  • Heart
*Trigger*

My OH just told me something that he should know better than to tell me. His colleague's daughter works at a hospital in the Midlands where there have been deaths. One of the people who passed was 24 years old. Following a caesarean procedure, her and her newborn passed, both had tested positive for COVID-19. No known underlying health conditions.

Nurses at the hospital have been told that the army are coming. They will be preparing makeshift mortuaries.

I started shaking and threw up. I can't believe he just told me that. 😔😭

Are there any NHS staff here who can shine some light? I feel physically sick.

• Sad
  • Wow

Bostonx

VIP Member
2 people in my area have put on Facebook they've been told to self isolate and they are showing symptoms of the virus one said "I think it's just the flu so I went to the pub for lunch and the kids are still going to school" the other idiot "mines is worse than that but Iv to pick up a prescription from the chemist tomorrow so I'll get that on the school run & see how I feel after it" gobsmacked. They are both in their later 20s have 4/5 kids each and think they can just swan about having lunch and sending their kids out when they've been told to self isolate 🤦🏻‍♀️ Our chemist deliver. They'd post her prescription.

• Angry
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Myself and a good friend of mine both have close family in italy who were in contact with who are all absolutely horrified at the state of the empty shelves here (friends aunty even offered to send her a food package). There is more than enough for everyone there because most people are just shopping normally. Theres no shortage of food, people are just being dicks. It is a worrying sight but it will pass ❤
I’m hoping when the lockdown happens the idiots will be at home in their toilet roll fortes and the sane people will have an easier time in the supermarkets. 🤞
I’m not defending the corona hoarding,
I don’t think anyone would defend it, but looking at it from a different prospective, there are a lot of people who are feeling so anxious and overwhelmed and the only thing they can do is shop 🤷‍♀️ Not retail therapy shop, but their anxiety is making them obsess over what they CAN control, and for some that’s making sure they can feed their family and themselves, planning what they need and making sure they have 18 spare tins of cheesy beans 😐

I wonder what percentage are selfish dickheads, and what percentage are people really struggling with the lack of control looking for ways to make themselves feel better.

im saying again I’m not defending it at all. Some people are just greedy, but some are looking for a buoy when they’ve mentally gone overboard.

its not always fair to put everyone in the dickhead category.

• Heart

theghosttown

VIP Member
Army is being deployed into cities as they will be locked down and it’s to stop looters and rioters. It’s not to shoot down people going to the co op or to run people over with tanks who are innocently getting milk.

• Haha

cushtybert

VIP Member
My teenager thinks it will be all Xbox when we’re in lockdown, I’ve just placed a massive order with amazon for a load of revision guides. I don’t think I’m going to be too popular 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

grumpycat

VIP Member
I said the same to my husband about taking things for granted. We had spag bol but we only used one tin of chopped tomatoes not two because were on rations 😂t husband left half the mince in the pan so I told him right off and have frozen it 😂
I will never take for granted going to a shop and knowing there will be food. And being able to move freely!

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Just seen that Roman Abramovich has paid for hotel rooms for nhs staff at the hotel next to Stamford Bridge.
In a world full of chaos at the moment I think gestures like these are huge.
Hopefully others that are able to will also make the same sort of moves.

• Heart

Mitchymoo

I just want to thank the people from way back in thread 1 that suggested stocking up on a few extra bits , the fact that I did that so early has given me a tiny sense of security silly as it may seem . I ventured into lidl yesterday and it really made me realise that this shit is real!

Reactions: 22

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Brilliant...

32D4B17F-D5A4-4386-B623-133B50DE6590.jpeg
79347383-BF27-4D01-8A8A-238D6E52F1EA.jpeg
665D4BE4-ECE8-46CE-82D6-04803376C358.jpeg

Quit smoking three years ago not had one since but all this worry and stress with family and life etc I caved today ugh
possibly the worst time to cave as you’re now putting yourself into a high risk category, do the right thing, for your family and life, chuck the damn things 👍

• Haha

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Iv just seen a make artist claim she's cleaning her salon before and after every client so apps are still fine to go ahead. I mean is that even achievable
Wow. 👀
I've closed all 8 of mine from today.
My London ones closed last Friday.
There's no way on earth I can continue to put my clients, staff or my family at further risk.
If you don't have your health, you have nothing.
Financially, I'm taking a huge hit which will take around a year to come back from if the predictions are anywhere near correct.
Rather that than lose loved ones or put someone at risk for the sake of someone wanting their lips filled or jawline accentuated. 🤷🏻‍♀️❤

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Anyway hope you've all had a great st Patrick's Day. Don't forget to play the Irish national anthem! ;) Remember when they came out and all lied they were teenagers when in fact they were in their 20s 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21