Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My children's school have just sent out an email saying school is open, but please, if you can keep you child/ren at home. I went to local GP surgery today to get my repeat prescription (asthmatic) and they wouldn't let anyone in, just passed out scripts to us through a window 😳
I’ve got an appointment Friday with the nurse and we have to wait outside to be called in 🙈

Reactions: 1
My children's school have just sent out an email saying school is open, but please, if you can keep you child/ren at home. I went to local GP surgery today to get my repeat prescription (asthmatic) and they wouldn't let anyone in, just passed out scripts to us through a window 😳
mines completely closed. I had an appointment yesterday and was told 30 mins before that it would be done over the phone. I said good luck taking out and putting in my new contraception that way 😂 now got to wait 2 months for an appointment at the Family Planning Clinic.....no doubt that’ll be cancelled.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm not saying any businesses should suffer I just don't think cleaning a salon or beauty room between clients is doable. By trade I am a makeup artist.
Tattoo parlour round my way, still inking up folks. No gloves, no masks, (for either side) full view of the street. Disgusting.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
So is it people's opinion - honestly - that we should keep our children at home if we are able to even if schools are open? I'm in two minds, only because I think if the young and fit can get it out the way then they'll (hopefully) be immune and can get back to normal more quickly in the long run. Concerned that if EVERYONE isolates now then when do you stop it, the virus will just be waiting to spread again in a few weeks/months time. I don't know!

Reactions: 10
Tattoo parlour round my way, still inking up folks. No gloves, no masks, (for either side) full view of the street. Disgusting.
I thought they always wore gloves anyways. I have a good amount of tattoos and my artist always did 😬

Reactions: 9
So many people I know seem to be thinking this will all be over in a couple weeks and we'll go back to normal! I know it's overwhelming but come on.
I agree but with my partner being told 12 weeks isolation - is this really going to last three whole months?! That's June ffs! I'm terrified

Reactions: 2
I had an elderly neighbour pop by all emotional at the note we popped through. He was really touched we had thought of them but they had managed to get some shopping that morning. I said to him that he needs to keep hold of our details for anytime, 6 days or 6 weeks. They are welcome to come over (probably not recommended!) if they need to.
it really touched my heart, how touched he was.
I did have a joke and said how hard it was to keep the elders inside because they’re so stubborn and he laughed and agreed but said he understands why they must do it.
it must be so scary to be about 70/80 and have your freedom removed. They’re not like us, with the power of the internet to stay connected. I can’t believe I’ve not thought of it that way before.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Taoiseach to broadcast to the country at 9pm🤷🏼‍♀️
So forgive my complete and utter ignorance, (and I am appalled at myself but assuming I'm not just thinking properly right now) but I googled this thinking I was going to land on a Tao meditation site :rolleyes:

• Haha
I want to keep my 7yo away from school now but his dad doesn't agree 😔 we have local cases in the town now.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Don't think it's been said but 345 dead in Italy today and 191 in Spain. Italy expected to have more deaths than China in two days

• Sad
  • Wow
So is it people's opinion - honestly - that we should keep our children at home if we are able to even if schools are open? I'm in two minds, only because I think if the young and fit can get it out the way then they'll (hopefully) be immune and can get back to normal more quickly in the long run. Concerned that if EVERYONE isolates now then when do you stop it, the virus will just be waiting to spread again in a few weeks/months time. I don't know!
ive asked this question to my pals and the general consensus is most have some form of high risk person in the family so they’re taking it out.
the way I lean to see it too is that the more children that are able to stay home, Means the ones that HAVE to go go school (parents working) means that at least the staff to children ratios are eased slightly.

Reactions: 5
So forgive my complete and utter ignorance, (and I am appalled at myself but assuming I'm not just thinking properly right now) but I googled this thinking I was going to land on a Tao meditation site :rolleyes:
Taoiseach is the Irish word for Prime Minister :LOL:

(Pronounced: Tea-Shock)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
😂😂😂. Sorry

Reactions: 4
Boris always seems to look out of his depth when answering questions, he just mumbles and bumbles along without actually giving out any information.
and, not a srrious issue, but would it kill him.to brusg his hair? if i turned up to work looking like that I'd probably be sacked!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I agree but with my partner being told 12 weeks isolation - is this really going to last three whole months?! That's June ffs! I'm terrified
this is what I can’t get my head around. I think I’m in denial at the moment. I keep switching between ohhh it will blow over in a few weeks to I just can’t see an end to this

Reactions: 16
Do people think we will actually go on proper lock down? Like italy & Spain?

Also i'm so scared I've read so many stories of young people being in hospital with it. I live alone and scared like what if my breathing gets bad and I'm on my own no one to call for help if I need it 😣

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.