Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has the list been announced?
Earlier bozza mentioned NHS workers, Police and delivery drivers who's children would still be able to attend school, has there been an announcement on which other professions are to be included? ie Social Care staff etc

Reactions: 1
When they say underlying health conditions do they mean any or just those classed as high risk to self isolate?
I'm assuming its high risk, as in any sort of breathing/lung condition, chemo treatment, immune system problems that kind of thing.

Reactions: 3
I'm assuming its high risk, as in any sort of breathing/lung condition, chemo treatment, immune system problems that kind of thing.
Thanks, my health condition isn’t on the high risk list as of yet but my employer has me down as having an underlying condition. I’m a carer and work on a 0 hour contract. No pay if I don’t work and morally I can’t leave my service users stranded while I’m sat with my feet up for 3 months! They’re the ones in need.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Well I'm now officially home from Monday.

All schools closed as well as early years settings indefinitely. Unpaid too and no date for return to work can be given.

Weve been it expected to peak May and hopefully we can open before summer holidays, otherwise, who knows.

Anyone else thinking now the virus itself is the least of their worries as it's the impact on everything else from financial to mental?
I feel so bad for everyone right now. This is the time those stinking rich lottery winners should step up and share some of their good luck with the nation! How can anyone sit on millions of money that they haven't even earned, and see families struggle??? (Sorry, I'm heading for a rant, I'll go get a glass of wine)

Reactions: 9
Lockdown is coming.
Please prepare for it x
Yesterday when he turned up to work (his last day) the restaurant next to him had a huge delivery of fruit and veg outside as the owner has done a runner with all the money and left his staff unpaid, obviously could see the closure of the restaurant coming. So we got a lovely box of fresh things. Why does food taste better when it's free? 😂
There’s no eggs anywhere in my town - send me some 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Thanks for your well wishes about my family member, I really appreciate it. She is immunocompromised and has underlying health conditions, so had been self-isolating at home but felt poorly over the last week or so and it escalated today. They suspect CV, she’s been tested tonight and will find out tomorrow but they’re keeping her in isolation at the hospital now.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Can I ask something about the lockdown? I know in Spain they are still allowed to go to the supermarket. Will this be allowed for us? We don't have enough food for tomorrow as we didn't stock up and have been buying what we can daily.

Well I'm now officially home from Monday.

All schools closed as well as early years settings indefinitely. Unpaid too and no date for return to work can be given.

Weve been it expected to peak May and hopefully we can open before summer holidays, otherwise, who knows.

Anyone else thinking now the virus itself is the least of their worries as it's the impact on everything else from financial to mental?
Yep. The private nursery my son goes to sent an email on Monday night saying they had no plans to close so far. But to me, I feel its only a matter of time. Aside from the fact I would have to either stop working or curtail my hours to look after my boy and therefore have less income or none, theres no way of knowing if we will still have to pay nursery fees! For eg if they close for a public holiday we still have to pay for that day. Makes me think I'll still get a hefty nursery fee even rhej hes home with me.

Can I ask something about the lockdown? I know in Spain they are still allowed to go to the supermarket. Will this be allowed for us? We don't have enough food for tomorrow as we didn't stock up and have been buying what we can daily.
My family it italy say they are allowed to the supermarket once a week and they fill out a form to show it's for the weekly shop.

Hi dont know if this had already been covered but if we go into "lockdown" what will actually happen.
What counties gave gone into lock down.
And what can/cannot do.
My partner is a mechanic for a main dealership.
If his work closes we will be on £97 a week as I'm currently on mat.
That wont make a dent in our Bill's never not taking into account our mortage. 😔

• Sad
Anyone know much about holiday cancellations amidst all of this? I’ve my holiday gets cancelled - which is looking ever likely - do I claim through the travel agency or my insurance?
If your insurance was in place before
Anyone know much about holiday cancellations amidst all of this? I’ve my holiday gets cancelled - which is looking ever likely - do I claim through the travel agency or my insurance?
Our insurance has confirmed it will cover cancellation if we've been advised not to go and can't travel. If the holiday company cancel, they will fully refund.

However if travel insurance was taken out after 11 March (when WHO declared a world pandemic) and any trip booked after the 17th March won't be covered by Insurance.

It really shouldn’t have taken this long for supermarkets to limit purchase amounts. This hoarding has been going on a few weeks now. Tesco only now saying they will limit stuff.

Reactions: 7
Yes, going to the supermarket, walking the dog etc is ok. Going to pubs, clubs, cafes is not ok. :)

Holland and barrett also do food- the basics like quinoa , oat milk, lentils etc. Free delivery over £25.
You know you're middle class when your basics are quinoa,oat milk and lentils.

Basics in this house are baked beans, bread and hobnobs 🙈

😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I know in Spain they can now only go alone to the supermarket and cannot go out for a stroll with another person. They are also asked where they are going by the police. I’m following someone who lives in Barcelona on Instagram.

• Sad
Hi dont know if this had already been covered but if we go into "lockdown" what will actually happen.
What counties gave gone into lock down.
And what can/cannot do.
My partner is a mechanic for a main dealership.
If his work closes we will be on £97 a week as I'm currently on mat.
That wont make a dent in our Bill's never not taking into account our mortage. 😔
The only way I can see families surviving (mine included) is the government giving each household a guaranteed monthly payment (bit like what trump's planning with this monthly 1000).

Reactions: 6
Yep. The private nursery my son goes to sent an email on Monday night saying they had no plans to close so far. But to me, I feel its only a matter of time. Aside from the fact I would have to either stop working or curtail my hours to look after my boy and therefore have less income or none, theres no way of knowing if we will still have to pay nursery fees! For eg if they close for a public holiday we still have to pay for that day. Makes me think I'll still get a hefty nursery fee even rhej hes home with me.

My family it italy say they are allowed to the supermarket once a week and they fill out a form to show it's for the weekly shop.
As far as I know, parents cannot be charged fees. Our setting isnt charging them.

We are fortunate we can survive the storm. But I know of 6 nurseries in our area that won't be opening back up.

I've also had lots of abuse saying as a nursery worker I'm over paid for doing duck all and that nursery fees are a rip off.

That's OK, I could be homeless within 4 months so that wi teach me won't it!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Sorry not caught up on the whole thread yet but did anyone watch the 6pm news on itv? Is it Mary the news reader? I said to the other half that it looked like she’d been in tears all her eyes were red and watery.. If anyone can watch on catchup can you check or is this making me look for things that arnt there 🙈 wonder if it is true about prince Philip and just waiting before they can announce it or if she knows more about what’s going on behind the scenes and is shitting it? 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Sad
You know you're middle class when your basics are quinoa,oat milk and lentils. Get you 😆

Basics in this house are baked beans, bread and hobnobs 🙈

😘
And I just snorted wine out my nose! Jeez that comment was too funny!

Is anyone else watching the map seeing cases appear and disappear?
I haven't checked since this morning, but I noticed the BBC news haven't updated our figures for today it seems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.