Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

unt Bessie

Woah woah woah, enough with the body shaming. She absolutely isn't 'plus size' although it would be totally fine if she was... she's a pretty standard size in the UK and likely to be the same/smaller than many people reading your comments.

Carrie has many obvious flaws, but her body positivity is certainly something great for young girls to look up to!

Health shaming like that is bloody ridiculous... as you said, she has a very active job and does seem to be into her running so I don't see how you can tell that she's unhealthy just because she doesn't look like Celinde?

Look at people like Zoe Sugg who has what society deems a 'healthy' body size, but constantly eats junk and never exercises...

Sorry for the rant and getting off topic, but most of us seem to be in agreement on not wanting body shaming here.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

EmCheese

VIP Member
She's a plus size girl. If she's ok with that, then great. But as a influencer to my children, at her age, No. She's 27, not 57.
It’s not Carrie’s job to be thin just to set an example for your children 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
See, I used to really like her fashion sense a few years ago especially during the Chitty tour. I really liked the floral dresses with the docs or combat boots, I think it was a good look for her.

I'm not sure whether she thought one day that she needed to dress "older" but her style is definitely that of someone who is a lot older which is why I think she looks frumpy as I don't think her style is that of a young woman, it seems a lot older.

However, I'm no psychologist, but I wonder if she dresses this way because she's very insecure nowadays with the way she looks. I am not going to fat shame her at all but she did put a lot of weight on during Addams and I wonder if this still effects her now.

At one point, I would have still defended her and supported her till the end but she has done things that are, in my mind, unforgivable.

I've said this before so I won't try and be a broken record but it's a few things for me that made me dislike Carrie:

- the know-it-all attitude and the way she talks down to people. You call tell by the way she acts that shethinks she's really intelligent and knows more than everyone else (she's a smart girl, there's no denying that) but don't act like you're better than everyone else

- her attacking people in her industry particularly the person she had a pop at regarding the sheet music saga

- being snippy and passive aggressive to anyone who questions her

- not taking constructive criticism well or on board. Getting offended and just blocking people if they disagree with her in any way shape or form

- not wanting to improve herself. Not taking the time to learn sheet music, not learning to be a better a actress or dancer

- being very quick to vilify and accuse people of abuse to the point it could ruin them and their livelihood/careers

- acting like she works super super hard all the time. I have no doubt that she did at one point but when she acts like she's the hardest worker in the world...

That's just to name a few, I don't want to bore people with my extensive list! 😂

For me personally, the way she was with Pete accusing him of abuse and violence was the straw that broke the camel's back. She was so quick to accuse him and then be very vague and sketchy about it. For one, liking people's comments when they asked if it was Pete but not actually explaining or backing it up. Then back tracking later on. I am aware she doesn't owe anyone ANYTHING however, you don't do that. That's so fucked up. She could have ruined him completely and I've often wondered if that's what she was trying to do to get back at him somehow.

I am not victim shaming but the way she handled that situation was appalling. It could well be true but the way she'd speak to him in videos was disgusting and bang out of order. That was only what we saw on camera as well so we can only imagine what she was like behind closed doors.

She appears to have lost a lot of mutual friends after they broke up as well.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored Carrie at one point and I still watch her old videos. However, I feel like she's just getting worse as time goes on.

We all change and grow but I feel like every since Addams something has changed to the point where I personally don't recognise the girl I once adored and looked up to. It's really saddening.

Well done if you've read this, here's a slice of cake 🎂😂

Reactions: 30

PamSlams

I’d suggest this simple one that is open to wild interpretation ;)

Carrie Hope Fletcher #3 Call Her Bad Cinderella

Reactions: 22

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
I also just realised that the slanted "er" in the image is supposed to form a slipper. I'm a bit slow hahaha, I couldn't figure it out.
It took me ages to see it too because when I look at it I just think the pink spray paint looks like a ball sack...

1596390682866.png

It looks like someone's GCSE media coursework or something they would design on The Apprentice..

• Haha

PamSlams

Hey everyone! Newbie here. I'm posting as I have struggled to find anyone else outside of the internet and places like this who have dealt with or been on the receiving end of Carrie's beat downs when it comes to her fans being critical of her. I've been a long time fan of hers for years now and always supported her work by either purchasing merchandise, books or tickets. I've always loved her YouTube videos in particular and being able to see the behind the scenes of shows always fascinated me because of my love of musicals and theatre in general! Recently I noticed a big decline in her social media engagements - she was always SO negative and so quick to argue with fans who were even remotely critical of her and this was really starting to grate on me. I felt myself bracing every time she posted something in case it was going to be negative and abusive. The other day she was posting about abolishing the police in America (which is something I do not agree with but I won't get political on this thread). I messaged her privately to say I was disappointed to see her supporting this and that whilst I love her work I would be un-following her for a while. I also wished her luck for her future shows and that hopefully theatre would be back up and running soon for everyone to enjoy. What I got in response was the rudest most patronising message I think I've ever received from a creator of her size and she promptly blocked both my accounts so that I didn't have a chance to even defend myself or open up a conversation to have a debate on the matter. I am so disappointed by her attitude and I truly hope that she is able to see the error in her ways and engage in a more positive way with her fans. I now feel I cant watch her videos anymore without this hanging over my head!

My original sentiment still stands and I wish her well with all her future endeavours, but I just can't support her anymore and needed to talk about it with people who maybe understand?

I also really think she needs to take a break from social media. It doesn't seem to help her when she struggles with mental health problems.
First of all, welcome! I appreciate you saying that you won’t get political here. :) Let’s just talk about how Carrie handled this.

We don’t see the communication between you both but if she did respond rudely and patronisingly, that would definitely mean goodbye for me as well. But then again, when you said you hope she’d see the error in her way, did you mean the fan interaction or the political views though?

I kinda think any public person is entitled to their views and doesn’t owe anyone else a debate on those views. You feel strong enough about the issue that you’d unfollow her for that, so maybe it’s fair enough for her to feel as strong enough to block your further interactions?

probably a controversial opinion here but I’m always in the “live and let live” camp. I think it’s good that Carrie is brave to stand by the view even though it costs her numbers. She has many flaws but for me this is not one.

Last edited:

DigiDuino

She is allowed to share about issues she cares deeply about, many celebrities are posting about that exact issue. While not something I agree with personally the discourse is very much on that side on Twitter.

I don’t think sending messages to celebrities is something we should be doing when they post things we dislike. Engage with them publicly sure but sending PMs is a bit off in my opinion.

just unfollow her and move on.

• Heart
Tom made a congratulations post for One Direction and it was the most Fletcher™️ thing ever. He made sure to mention how THEY wanted a photo with HIM and while he praised their success he made sure to mention all of the songs he wrote/helped write. Can’t praise someone without taking some credit for themselves 😂 but when it comes to their personal accomplishments “it was all MEEEEE!”

• Haha

Poothe

VIP Member
Reasons why Carrie is losing followers, unrelated to her journaling posts:
1) Endless pictures of Edgar despite him having his own IG account
2) Endless selfies/boomerangs with her eyes closed
3) Utterly boring content for weeks on end.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Changeyourfate

I'm not. But the friend's I have in theatre over 25 years are not that chubby.
Everybody, and every body, is different. I know people who have clocked up 1-45 years in theatre, and there are people at every size at every stage. I actually find that the average number of "bigger" people in theatre increase with age, as people stop caring so much about the pressure to be thin (thank you drama schools and casting directors). Nobody has a right to say she "shouldn't" be any size. It doesn't affect you at all, and it is body shaming. Don't

salatblader

VIP Member
Lots of "new members" seem to be very pro Carrie!
I think many people are just balanced in their criticism of Carrie and generally wish her well, but criticise the things she does that warrants criticism - but in a fair way. I think that's a good thing. I don't think anyone is "pro Carrie" or "against Carrie" by default. I don't criticise her just for the sake of it, I criticise when there's a reason to. I hope that's most people's take on it.

salatblader

VIP Member
She's arrogant, opinionated, there's no part of her I warm too, she's a mediocre talent at best. And at 27 working 8 show's a week you shouldn't be that large. Tom obviously struggled with his weight and did something about it, I forget he was large as he's been slender so long now. I wonder who her main competition is for roles.
Please! People of all sizes can be on stage. Don't shame her for her weight.

Illogic_ally

Regarding the DM situation, I don’t think it’s an issue to DM/reply to a public figure is bad, if your genuine intent is to open up a dialogue about something. Saying ‘I don’t like what you posted so I’m unfollowing’ isn’t inviting a dialogue though. Was she supposed to beg you to stay, or vow not to post her opinions on things anymore?

I do think Carrie would benefit from just not replying at all and moving on, but people really can’t complain when someone replies to you in a way you don’t like when you’ve essentially said ‘your opinions are no longer worth my time’, because whether intended to be rude or not, it’s not really a necessary thing to say at all. Especially when it’s a political view that’s very open to varying opinions and sides, rather than calling out a problematic behavior

Reactions: 20

fkedoff

Anyone find her instagram caption of her and Celine really weird... "I miss making you laugh" - not I miss having fun together, or I miss you, period, but I AM FUNNY

Reactions: 19

Lolly505

VIP Member
Quote "but Potter is not just J K Rowlings creation". Yes it is. Without these books these movies would never have been made. It's like saying Shakespeare's works are not his creation. People put a vision of his work in films, theatre all the time. The films were just a franchised view of her work. Yes lots of talented people worked on HER writing and imagination. If she wants to remove herself from J K Rowlings works then she has to say she is not a Harry Potter fan anymore.
Tbf the whole idea of 'separating the art from the artist' is not a new or a radical one. Roland Barthes literally wrote his 'The Death Of The Author' essay on exactly this kind of theory back in 1967: that once a work is published, it no longer is no longer bound to the author and their intentions but instead it becomes its own entity that belongs to the reader and their interpretation.

Not everyone agrees with Barthes but Carrie isn't wrong here. JK Rowling created Harry Potter, yes - but its success isn't down to her words alone. Not just because of the films but because of every kid (and adult) who read it and imagined their own Hogwarts. I mean, just looking at the sheer volume of Harry Potter fanfiction has existed since the early noughties, you can argue that Harry Potter hasn't truly belonged to JK Rowling for years.

(As someone whose degree involved Fan Culture Studies, including my dissertation, this is kinda my jam. Just... never underestimate the power, knowledge or intensity of fan communities 😅 Even just look at Tattle or GG - we're technically an anti-fan community but a community nonetheless who interpret/analyse what Carrie produces very differently to what she intends. But that doesn't invalid how we feel just because it's not the preferred reading 🤷)

• Heart
Reactions: 19