Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

harlequinade

My apologies if this comes across as insensitive, but surely it cannot be healthy to depend on another person so much that when they take a trip away your behaviour and attitude takes such a dive?

Reactions: 19

sputnkin

I mean, Kerry, honey, they’ve clearly thrown out your books because they’re absolute garbage. I don’t understand how she’s not getting this??
D68145D0-83B4-404C-B50C-DE91109DC8B9.png

• Haha
Reactions: 18

PocketRLocket

Travelling Light Theatre Company created a musical version of Cinderella back in 2012 which has has multiple productions and toured during Christmas seasons across the country. It was also nominated for an Olivier Award and got a 4 star review in the Guardian.

It's a really fun, joyful, subversive show! Brilliant original music played entirely by an onstage band who double up as actors. Cinderella is reimagined to be tomboy-ish and feisty, she's kind but she's tough. Her costume includes a bowler hat, a oversized dark dress and...doc martens. The marketing image:
maxresdefault.jpg

Her doc martens are a big part of the show/her character. So it strikes me as so weird when the ALW Cinderella are marketing their show as "Cinderella as you've NEVER seen her before", when a popular and respected show in Theatreland has done something similar (and probably better) very recently.

• Wow

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
She can't let him have his moment can she, oliver posts a selfie with a Frozen poster in the background and she has to comment that she saw a poster for her shitty musical on the tube. Let the guy have his moment!! You narc

• Wow
  • Angry

Kiwi179

Very subtle gifted trip begging there, Carrie.
Maybe I’m overreacting, but this has really irritated me. It’s always irritated me seeing her and her family have free lavish gifted trips when they can afford to pay for their own trips whilst I have to work double nursing shifts to save for a holiday. I know I’m not alone having to work longer hours to fund holidays however this time around it’s irritated me more knowing so many people are struggling financially and have lost jobs due to the current circumstances yet she’ll still happily beg for a free trip whilst she appears to be facing no financial concerns whatsoever. I can imagine her being totally oblivious to how some people are struggling financially right now, I hope my point makes some sense 😂 Maybe I’m just bitter as our Disney world trip was cancelled due to Covid and we spent two years saving and paying it off and now my boyfriend’s lost his job I don’t know when or if we’ll be able to take a holiday. I’m sure lots of people would love (and really deserve) a Disney vacation right now, especially a gifted one. Sorry for the rant!

Last edited:
  • Heart

majestic26

VIP Member
Good luck with trying to have a measured debate about it on this thread!
All due respect, that isn't what this thread is for, and there are plenty of other places on the internet you can go to get further into this issue. This is a gossip forum 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 17

fkedoff

Anyone see on one of her journal insta lives someone commented there was too much traffic noise... she replied something like "il make sure the cars don't drive past next time ;)'

I mean... isn't that comment the definition of constructive? We cant hear you so filming outside is pointless...

And instead of reacting to that feedback she's just sarcastic and "sassy".

Ugh

Reactions: 17

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I really enjoyed Oliver’s Good Morning video yesterday about his auditions for Book of Mormon, really showed how determined he was to get the role. I don’t know if Carrie has ever acknowledged her auditions but I’d like to hear her do a little story time maybe about her first time, as an adult, in Les Mis
What about the time she auditioned for Cameron Mackintosh and he had tears in his eyes :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

PamSlams

That is awful but unsurprising sadly. She is also starting to represent the very radicalised and extreme left wing side of politics. Whilst there are definitely right wing extremists, it's the left that seem to be shutting down debate, blocking and shutting people down at the moment. Its actually just as scary as the far right
is it really shutting down though? She didn’t report or try to close down the OP’s account or anything. The OP can still post about anything in their own account and spread any info as much as they want. Carrie doesn’t owe Carrie’s space to anyone? It’s when she sent her minions to report or bully other accounts like on twitter that I have a problem with.

Carrieisabadwriter

I think she has everything to be jealous of looks wise, she looks like a over fifty, over weight, fashion is awful, she's frumpy...I could go on...

She looks beautiful, come on there is zero reason to bring up her weight. Regardless of how bad her character is, she is a beautiful woman.

is it really shutting down though? She didn’t report or try to close down the OP’s account or anything. The OP can still post about anything in their own account and spread any info as much as they want. Carrie doesn’t owe Carrie’s space to anyone? It’s when she sent her minions to report or bully other accounts like on twitter that I have a problem with.
Yeah, noone is obliged to accept and respect your different opinions on their own social media accounts. 🤷‍♀️ Block buttons exist for a reason.

silkytoes

Quote "but Potter is not just J K Rowlings creation". Yes it is. Without these books these movies would never have been made. It's like saying Shakespeare's works are not his creation. People put a vision of his work in films, theatre all the time. The films were just a franchised view of her work. Yes lots of talented people worked on HER writing and imagination. If she wants to remove herself from J K Rowlings works then she has to say she is not a Harry Potter fan anymore.
She didn't say it wasn't JK's creation. The key word in that sentence is 'just'. She was acknowledging that boycotting HP would have a much wider impact on other people's jobs.

If you go to the studio tour, you see just how much hard work and creativity went into those films far beyond the books. The amount of thought and detail that went into them is incredible. Acknowledging that hard work from other people and also acknowledging that you still like the series is really not the same thing as 'tearing down' her work.

Also, I get that you agree with JK's opinions but that doesn't put her beyond criticism, people are allowed to disagree with her without being accused of tearing her down. Carrie did so politely.

I did some amdram last year where I was getting home around 11/11.30 every night after the show except for one night where we had dinner after the show so I ended up getting home at 12.30/1ish. I was still able to get up between 8-9 in the mornings to do my day job and go to the gym. A lot of West End actors get up at a normal time because they have day jobs and lessons, and have a social life. I always thought that Carrie does come across as fairly lazy compared to her peers. Carrie has admitted before that she doesn’t like to do stuff on her days off either, because it’s her day off and that her friends and family understand that. She hasn’t had to work that hard to get where she is- a lot of it has been handed to her because of her connections. I read in an article about her that when her brother went to Sylvia Young, she gained agency representation from the school when she was ‘spotted’ with her mum picking up Tom from school. That happened when she was 5 years old! That kickstarted her work in commercials and led to her West End debut. Then her brother paid for her to go to a private school when she was ousted from her regular school. She left school after her GCSEs because she was writing a musical with her famous brother. I’m sensing a theme here... then she created her YouTube channel, where she initially gained followers through her brother and sister in law, dear Tom & Gi anyone? She published her first book through Gi’s publisher. She obviously has or had talent, she wouldn’t have gotten through the Les Mis auditions if she couldn’t sing. Credit where credits due, she obviously goes on a lot of auditions to get the jobs she does get, you have to to get continuous work- actors are turned down a lot (I have a friend who is an actor and the amount of auditions she does is ridiculous for the work she actually gets). When you compare Carries career to other people she has worked with, her peers work so much harder than she does to maintain it. When she talks about her experiences when she is with Oliver, I’m pretty sure Oliver is using all his strength not to slap her in the face and scream ‘Wake up!’ Ollie has worked incredibly hard to get where he is. It’s been really nice to hear him talking about his story in videos without Carrie, I find him quite inspiring actually. The 3 years of auditioning for Mormon, to getting the loan to get his braces off- such an incredible story to share of getting his first West End gig after all the training he went through. Before lockdown I found him a little creepy, but through the videos I’m liking him more and more. I really hope I get to see him in Frozen next year, he really is perfect for Hans!

Ellie_Rose

It tells you everything you need to know about her integrity that she will accept a partnership with Warner Bros Studio Tour when she strongly disagrees with JK Rowling’s views. I also can’t believe she has the arrogance to separate Rowling, as the author and creator, from her own work. Whatever you think of Rowling, Harry Potter is hers and Carrie has no right to say otherwise. How would she like it if someone who disagreed with her then said that one of her substandard novels was ‘its own entity’ and therefore nothing to do with her? I doubt it would be OK then. Carrie is just hopping on the bandwagon of cancel culture while profiting from the author’s hard work.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I found it funny in that video where she said there isn’t anything she knows now that would help her younger self out...

She wrote a book titled “all I know now” about everything she’s learned. Yet she says she hasn’t learned anything that she’d do differently if she’d had the chance? Besides that, it’s a thought experiment, I don’t know why she got so angry? 😂 it’s not like anyone was going to send her back in time lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15

nrs264

VIP Member
does she, and people creating this show tbh, think a sulky doc martin wearing Cinderella is really different or edgy? theres nothing less edgy than someone trying to be edgy

It's like a child trying desperately hard for attention and to show how different and original they are...when in fact they're not doing anything different to many others

Reactions: 14

notjust_vanilla

I think she sounds a lot different - she's always been shouty in her videos but I actually struggle to get through them now, her voice is very grating, almost sounds strained. There's also a lot more, I don't know how to put this, mouth noise? I can't really handle it...
And whenever she's films herself buying something from a shop she sounds so overly nice that it just comes off fake and patronising (super high loud voice and over annunciation). I've worked in customer service for 5 years and you can tell straight away when someone is being insincere. It's very irritating.

Reactions: 14