Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's so weird to think someone within walking distance of her house has her books. I dunno, that seems weird to me. Imagine if the owner of those books saw her walking by and taking that photo....that would freak you right out!
I remember watching a documentary with JK Rowling where she went back to visit the flat she'd lived in years before - I think this was when she was living in poverty and was a single mum - and the person now living there had the Harry Potter books on their bookshelf and it made her cry. I don't know what my point was, this just made me think of that haha. That must be a really weird feeling seeing your books like that.

Reactions: 8
I reckon if she's reading on here, they'll be going soon šŸ˜‚
See this is why I always found strange her claims Pete was a ā€œJDā€. She has all her memories with him up, I had a really abusive and toxic ā€œbestā€ friend and once the friendship ended I delted all her pictures, I just canā€™t think a reason why she is keeping all the stuff up for someone who was abusive towards her.
She said it took her a while to realize it was an abusive relationship but why does she still have all the pictures? Why does it keep all the videos? (Now privated)
She said leaving her old flat was good because of all the bad memories but why keep the memories on her social media?

Reactions: 4
All her pictures with him are still up her IG tho
Probably because there's no way to 'hide' Instagram posts without fully deleting them. I don't exactly see the issue because it's not like YouTube where views/likes/etc are cumulative but I guess it's better for her brand to have all the engagement still up šŸ¤·
EDIT: I've just had a scroll through her Insta and my god, she posts a lot. So honestly, that might be exactly why she hasn't deleted them: they're just so buried that nobody's really likely to look back through hundreds of photos to actually see them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I feel like what probably stopped her from taking down the videos is the nature of her relationship with Pete. While it was violent (damaging property and probably expressing anger in an unhealthy way on his part), it was probably never the signs of a hallmark abusive relationship. Probably in Pete's case, he was struggling with suppressed anger (for whatever reason) and wrongfully took it out on someone else. Personally, I relate to this. While I have never caused property damage or laid my hands on someone I love, I have struggled with expressing anger in a healthy way. This is especially a struggle for men. What Carrie described is actually a subtle sign of an abusive relationship.

This article describes it perfectly: https://au.reachout.com/articles/signs-of-an-abusive-relationship
'My partner isnā€™t violent all the time ā€“ they love me'
"Your violent partner may act loving towards you at other times and may truly feel sorry for their horrible behaviour. So, it might be hard to stay angry and upset with them. However, there is quite a high chance that their violent behaviour will continue. Abusers can be incredibly charming people, especially if theyā€™re trying to make you or others see them in a good light."

I had a relationship much like this one. To everyone else in my life, the guy that I was dating was the perfect match: handsome, witty, incredibly smart and hardworking. But it was only I who saw just how subtly manipulative he was. He would constantly pressure me into sex, even after I said no. Asking me again and again and again, subtly insulting me because I was still a virgin, treating me like a child because I "didn't know the ways of the world yet." Like Carrie, I had my fair share of personal issues in the relationship. I withheld affection (mainly because he made me feel uncomfortable and I didn't understand why at the time), I didn't connect with him at all on a deep level, but stayed and played the part of the perfect girlfriend because I was afraid of being alone.

Yes, I think that it was a really tit move to hint at Pete being an abuser, but not actually confirm or deny anything. It seemed like when they broke up, he was intent on getting better, determined to improve. I personally think that if I was in her position, I would distance myself from him so he could learn and grow as a person, but I don't think that tarnishing his name like that is really necessary in my opinion. I think their relationship was still probably abusive, but very very subtle.

I feel like what probably stopped her from taking down the videos is the nature of her relationship with Pete. While it was violent (damaging property and probably expressing anger in an unhealthy way on his part), it was probably never the signs of a hallmark abusive relationship. Probably in Pete's case, he was struggling with suppressed anger (for whatever reason) and wrongfully took it out on someone else. Personally, I relate to this. While I have never caused property damage or laid my hands on someone I love, I have struggled with expressing anger in a healthy way. This is especially a struggle for men. What Carrie described is actually a subtle sign of an abusive relationship.

This article describes it perfectly: https://au.reachout.com/articles/signs-of-an-abusive-relationship
'My partner isnā€™t violent all the time ā€“ they love me'
"Your violent partner may act loving towards you at other times and may truly feel sorry for their horrible behaviour. So, it might be hard to stay angry and upset with them. However, there is quite a high chance that their violent behaviour will continue. Abusers can be incredibly charming people, especially if theyā€™re trying to make you or others see them in a good light."

I had a relationship much like this one. To everyone else in my life, the guy that I was dating was the perfect match: handsome, witty, incredibly smart and hardworking. But it was only I who saw just how subtly manipulative he was. He would constantly pressure me into sex, even after I said no. Asking me again and again and again, subtly insulting me because I was still a virgin, treating me like a child because I "didn't know the ways of the world yet." Like Carrie, I had my fair share of personal issues in the relationship. I withheld affection (mainly because he made me feel uncomfortable and I didn't understand why at the time), I didn't connect with him at all on a deep level, but stayed and played the part of the perfect girlfriend because I was afraid of being alone.

Yes, I think that it was a really tit move to hint at Pete being an abuser, but not actually confirm or deny anything. It seemed like when they broke up, he was intent on getting better, determined to improve. I personally think that if I was in her position, I would distance myself from him so he could learn and grow as a person, but I don't think that tarnishing his name like that is really necessary in my opinion. I think their relationship was still probably abusive, but very very subtle.
We've had this debate before - we can't know how it was to be Carrie in that relationship, of course, or what Pete did. I know the signs for an abuser, but I don't think Pete was one in the sense of manipulating etc. I have lived with a person who had anger issues just like Pete, and this was not an abusive person, but it was still very scary when there was anger. Anger issues and hitting things does not automatically equal that he also was subtly insulting her, putting her down, gaslighting her, pressuring her into sex. I think he became violent when angry, and that Carrie dumped him in a nice way, never talked badly about him publically, and then realised the extent to which his anger issues affected her, and she made that video. It's completely allowed for her to feel resentment towards him for his anger, as I feel towards said person, but both Pete and this person are intent on getting better (Pete is going to get professional help for his issues), which Carrie has also stated. It does not seem like Carrie wanted people to take away from the video that Pete was a horrible abuser, it just felt like she was saying "he hit things and was angry and people should know that's not ok in a relationship, and it was scary, but now he is getting help for those anger issues". I don't like the way she behaved after that video in the comment section, but I can understand her wanting to show the relationship was not perfect and that he destroyed objects etc, and she's allowed to feel resentment for that. It's the way she did it that I dislike, and the speculation it has spurred that Pete was abusive and awful towards her in general, and not just dealing with extensive anger issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Also we dont know what she was like in the relationship. It's only one persons passive aggressive slant on things. We have seen how she talks to boyfriends and people in the videos. I'm not saying that condones violent behaviour (if that is indeed what happened) as it doesnt, only that emotional abuse is a thing and can happen to men as well as women and there are always two sides to every story.

Reactions: 5
I am all for her being honest and saying the relationship wasn't as perfect as she protrayed it to be.

However, I agree with the previous comment, there are two sides to this story. We've not heard Pete's version of events and I doubt we ever will, but we're not owed that.

Reactions: 8
I agree, we were not party to anything that happened behind closed doors. We donā€™t have proof that Pete ever did these things, we only have a vague statement by Carrie, who doesnā€™t even name him or give any context.

Reactions: 1
I agree, we were not party to anything that happened behind closed doors. We donā€™t have proof that Pete ever did these things, we only have a vague statement by Carrie, who doesnā€™t even name him or give any context.
Exactly šŸ˜Š

That and being vague and sketchy by liking people's comments when they'd asked if it was Pete.

I thought that was disgraceful on her part. She could have ruined him.

She's not daft and knew exactly what she was doing. I'm not victim shaming but the dealt with it, if it's true mind you, was very vindictive.

To be honest I think sometimes the term victim shaming is now used these days to cover up bad behaviour. As soon as someone casts themselves in that role they feel immune to questioning or criticism. a bit like the term haters. I think it's absolutely fair to question people when they do things in such a passive aggressive way.

Iā€™ve just watched Oliverā€™s morning video, I really enjoyed being able to hear about his timeline without Carrie being their to interrupt every 2 mins! I have to say he was very sweet about Carrie I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard him be quite so mushy about her before!

Reactions: 10
Hereā€™s my issue with the Carrie and Pete issue. I donā€™t know either one of them. Iā€™m not friends with either of them. The majority of their subscribers are simply that, subscribers.

All we know about them is mostly what they themselves have put out there. They may appear better, or even worse than they really are online. I donā€™t want to assume one way or the other, maybe Carrie really did have a stressful/scary experience with Pete. Who really knows but them?

Thatā€™s what makes her subtle hinting so awkward. She is involving strangers in something very, very serious and private. If Pete was abusive I think all of us would stop supporting him. Thatā€™s why a sketchy and vague accusation is making her audience uncomfortable because we donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. We donā€™t want to support a bad guy, but we also donā€™t want to vilify someone unnecessarily.

I most certainly donā€™t want to minimize anything sheā€™d gone through, but I donā€™t truly know what sheā€™d gone through. And, if she was exaggerating the situation to hurt his career then I feel really bad about that as well for Peteā€™s sake. (Pun unintended)

thatā€™s why I think either she needs to make a clear statement to the audience so they can make an informed decision on who they support, or, she needs to keep those intimate relationship issues private. If they werenā€™t getting along, itā€™s over. Theyā€™ve broken up, theyā€™ve moved on. No reason to publicly drag each other if there is no threat or danger. And if she needs healing from a traumatic relationship, thatā€™s understandable. But close friends and a counselor would be better suited for that, not thousands of strangers who just watch them for entertainment.

Also, to be honest, I enjoyed her vlogs so much before I am still willing to watch her again someday. The only thing Iā€™d need is for her to stop getting into twitter fights, whining about stage door, complaining about baristas or other employees, complaining about critics, fighting with fans, fighting with colleagues, promising content, doing it once or twice then abandoning it etc. I donā€™t expect her to act like she did in her early 20ā€™s, of course sheā€™ll change as she matures, but youā€™d think sheā€™d get more professional with age not less. šŸ˜‚

Her channel used to be so positive and uplifting. As a viewer, thatā€™s what I went to her content for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The thing is, Carrie is always the first one to scream BOUNDARIES but then it always turns out that she doesnā€™t really have any. I think itā€™s really poor to leave people speculating whether you have been abused or not.

Reactions: 13
Anyone find her instagram caption of her and Celine really weird... "I miss making you laugh" - not I miss having fun together, or I miss you, period, but I AM FUNNY

Reactions: 19
Anyone find her instagram caption of her and Celine really weird... "I miss making you laugh" - not I miss having fun together, or I miss you, period, but I AM FUNNY
I found it bizarre but I guess itā€™s the usual Carrie approach of making it all about MEEEE! šŸ™„

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.