Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s interesting how we have been talking on here about he relationship with Tom and Gi and the other day she chose to answer a Q&A question about how often she saw her nephews during lockdown - which apparently was often at the end of their driveways. No mention of Tom and Gi at all though.

Reactions: 1
Definitely strange.

Maybe they had issues when people found out where Carrie lived and it caused problems for them too? 🤔

Also, always found it strange Tom never acknowledged her post for his birthday or anything.

All very odd.

I take it back....I just watched Oliver’s video on being 1st covers and gosh was that difficult to follow! Pretty sure Ollie was very tipsy! He was loud and manic! 1st time Carrie couldn’t get a word in though!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Regarding the 'top secret' video teaser from the WarnerBros Studio Tour, quite a few people in the comments were guessing it was going to see some sort of subscription box. Which would make sense, with it being a literal box left at their door, but the biggest evidence to support that theory is that Carrie is featuring. And we all know how she jumps at the chance to receive free gifts to hoard in her clutter house, so the opportunity to be sponsored and get free boxes every month was an offer she probably snatched from their hands.

Reactions: 2
It tells you everything you need to know about her integrity that she will accept a partnership with Warner Bros Studio Tour when she strongly disagrees with JK Rowling’s views. I also can’t believe she has the arrogance to separate Rowling, as the author and creator, from her own work. Whatever you think of Rowling, Harry Potter is hers and Carrie has no right to say otherwise. How would she like it if someone who disagreed with her then said that one of her substandard novels was ‘its own entity’ and therefore nothing to do with her? I doubt it would be OK then. Carrie is just hopping on the bandwagon of cancel culture while profiting from the author’s hard work.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's quite telling as well that she's happy tearing down another woman's hard work and yet the fact that Disney are actually thanking the security firm taking part in a genocide doesn't get a whisper

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It's quite telling as well that she's happy tearing down another woman's hard work and yet the fact that Disney are actually thanking the security firm taking part in a genocide doesn't get a whisper
I mean, she hardly tore down her work. It was a comment in response to a question. She made it clear she's still a fan of HP and it's not like Carrie's opinion would have any kind of impact on JK's success.

I would agree that it would be nice to see Carrie be less blindly supportive of Disney though. They have enough money, they can take the criticism.

Reactions: 4
Quote "but Potter is not just J K Rowlings creation". Yes it is. Without these books these movies would never have been made. It's like saying Shakespeare's works are not his creation. People put a vision of his work in films, theatre all the time. The films were just a franchised view of her work. Yes lots of talented people worked on HER writing and imagination. If she wants to remove herself from J K Rowlings works then she has to say she is not a Harry Potter fan anymore.

Reactions: 8
Quote "but Potter is not just J K Rowlings creation". Yes it is. Without these books these movies would never have been made. It's like saying Shakespeare's works are not his creation. People put a vision of his work in films, theatre all the time. The films were just a franchised view of her work. Yes lots of talented people worked on HER writing and imagination. If she wants to remove herself from J K Rowlings works then she has to say she is not a Harry Potter fan anymore.
She didn't say it wasn't JK's creation. The key word in that sentence is 'just'. She was acknowledging that boycotting HP would have a much wider impact on other people's jobs.

If you go to the studio tour, you see just how much hard work and creativity went into those films far beyond the books. The amount of thought and detail that went into them is incredible. Acknowledging that hard work from other people and also acknowledging that you still like the series is really not the same thing as 'tearing down' her work.

Also, I get that you agree with JK's opinions but that doesn't put her beyond criticism, people are allowed to disagree with her without being accused of tearing her down. Carrie did so politely.

Reactions: 16
She didn't say it wasn't JK's creation. The key word in that sentence is 'just'. She was acknowledging that boycotting HP would have a much wider impact on other people's jobs.

If you go to the studio tour, you see just how much hard work and creativity went into those films far beyond the books. The amount of thought and detail that went into them is incredible. Acknowledging that hard work from other people and also acknowledging that you still like the series is really not the same thing as 'tearing down' her work.

Also, I get that you agree with JK's opinions but that doesn't put her beyond criticism, people are allowed to disagree with her without being accused of tearing her down. Carrie did so politely.
Why would it have an impact on peoples jobs? Yes agreed people worked on the film. Just like Carrie is "very minute part" in Victor Hugo's writing. Well that depends if you are talking about the books or the films, which she does not specify in her post. If there were any questions regarding the filming she was consulted. She over saw the casting of the characters, and who would direct and produce it. My best friend was very high up in the production of the films and she had a lot to do with them. Carrie talks out of her arse, and is very ill informed on a lot. She's also not that well liked or respected in the London Theatre community.

Last edited:
Well that depends if you are talking about the books or the films, which she does not specify in her post. If there were any questions regarding the filming she was consulted. She over saw the casting of the characters, and who would direct and produce it. My best friend was very high up in the production of the films and she had a lot to do with them. Carrie talks out of her arse, and is very ill informed on a lot. She's also not that well liked or respected in the London Theatre community.
I'm absolutely not questioning that Carrie talks out her arse and is not well liked. I'm here to gossip about her and am critical about many things about her. I just think JK Rowling is no more qualified than Carrie to comment on the issues she has been commenting on and it's completely fair game to disagree and criticise her for it in the same way we do with Carrie. She's not immune to that.

I also think it's possible to separate your personal opinions of an individual with your opinions of their work. You don't have to want to be friends with someone to like their books.

Reactions: 6
Why would it have an impact on peoples jobs? Yes agreed people worked on the film. Just like Carrie is "very minute part" in Victor Hugo's writing. Well that depends if you are talking about the books or the films, which she does not specify in her post. If there were any questions regarding the filming she was consulted. She over saw the casting of the characters, and who would direct and produce it. My best friend was very high up in the production of the films and she had a lot to do with them. Carrie talks out of her arse, and is very ill informed on a lot. She's also not that well liked or respected in the London Theatre community.
Going off topic for a brief second, I didn't know she wasn't well liked or respected in Theatre? Anymore details!

Reactions: 2
I'm absolutely not questioning that Carrie talks out her arse and is not well liked. I'm here to gossip about her and am critical about many things about her. I just think JK Rowling is no more qualified than Carrie to comment on the issues she has been commenting on and it's completely fair game to disagree and criticise her for it in the same way we do with Carrie. She's not immune to that.

I also think it's possible to separate your personal opinions of an individual with your opinions of their work. You don't have to want to be friends with someone to like their books.
Yes she can disagree with her views. But she hasn't done that, she has bought the subject of Harry Potter thing into the arena. And has made a personal point of not deselecting J K Rowlings views and H.P. If she was that disgusted she would do. I would like to see receipts for her money that are going to the trans charities. Otherwise it's all bullshit.

Tbf the whole idea of 'separating the art from the artist' is not a new or a radical one. Roland Barthes literally wrote his 'The Death Of The Author' essay on exactly this kind of theory back in 1967: that once a work is published, it no longer is no longer bound to the author and their intentions but instead it becomes its own entity that belongs to the reader and their interpretation.

Not everyone agrees with Barthes but Carrie isn't wrong here. JK Rowling created Harry Potter, yes - but its success isn't down to her words alone. Not just because of the films but because of every kid (and adult) who read it and imagined their own Hogwarts. I mean, just looking at the sheer volume of Harry Potter fanfiction has existed since the early noughties, you can argue that Harry Potter hasn't truly belonged to JK Rowling for years.

(As someone whose degree involved Fan Culture Studies, including my dissertation, this is kinda my jam. Just... never underestimate the power, knowledge or intensity of fan communities 😅 Even just look at Tattle or GG - we're technically an anti-fan community but a community nonetheless who interpret/analyse what Carrie produces very differently to what she intends. But that doesn't invalid how we feel just because it's not the preferred reading 🤷)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Going off topic for a brief second, I didn't know she wasn't well liked or respected in Theatre? Anymore details!
Yes there's quite a lot of people in the West end circle who don't really like Carrie for her narky attitude and her snide twitter remarks about not learning to read music and still being an accomplished westend actress. She's also very rude which a lot of them don't like.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tbf the whole idea of 'separating the art from the artist' is not a new or a radical one. Roland Barthes literally wrote his 'The Death Of The Author' essay on exactly this kind of theory back in 1967: that once a work is published, it no longer is no longer bound to the author and their intentions but instead it becomes its own entity that belongs to the reader and their interpretation.

Not everyone agrees with Barthes but Carrie isn't wrong here. JK Rowling created Harry Potter, yes - but its success isn't down to her words alone. Not just because of the films but because of every kid (and adult) who read it and imagined their own Hogwarts. I mean, just looking at the sheer volume of Harry Potter fanfiction has existed since the early noughties, you can argue that Harry Potter hasn't truly belonged to JK Rowling for years.

(As someone whose degree involved Fan Culture Studies, including my dissertation, this is kinda my jam. Just... never underestimate the power, knowledge or intensity of fan communities 😅 Even just look at Tattle or GG - we're technically an anti-fan community but a community nonetheless who interpret/analyse what Carrie produces very differently to what she intends. But that doesn't invalid how we feel just because it's not the preferred reading 🤷)
Which is why I'm always ultimately disappointed in books being made into films. It's never your vision. Which is why I laugh at people like Carrie that are so invested in the films.

And Carrie's next book is a bastardised book of "Ballet Shoes" so she can duck off with any criticism of creative input.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yes there's quite a lot of people in the West end circle who don't really like Carrie for her narky attitude and her snide twitter remarks about not learning to read music and still being an accomplished westend actress. She's also very rude which a lot of them don't like.

Ooh, interesting - thanks for that!

Is it on Twitter that people have spoken up?

I remember her being very rude to someone on Twitter when they called her out on not being able to read sheet music, a long while ago.

To be fair, I completely see where people are coming from. Must be very frustrating working really hard for roles and she gets the lead without barely lifting a finger.

I have no doubt she worked hard at one point but she's absolutely bone idle nowadays. No effort to perfect her craft, learn sheet music, dance or acting lessons either.

Just to add to my previous comment, Carrie's Twitter numbers are dropping like mad.

Have a look on Social Blade, wonder what's causing such a huge drop?

It doesn't seem like her posts on Twitter seem to get many likes or comments these days either.

Last edited:

I remember her being very rude to someone on Twitter when they called her out on not being able to read sheet music, a long while ago.

To be fair, I completely see where people are coming from. Must be very frustrating working really hard for roles and she gets the lead without barely lifting a finger.

I have no doubt she worked hard at one point but she's absolutely bone idle nowadays. No effort to perfect her craft, learn sheet music, dance or acting lessons either.

Just to add to my previous comment, Carrie's Twitter numbers are dropping like mad.

It doesn't seem like her posts on Twitter seem to get many likes or comments these days either.
I know that Sabrina Aloueche who was also an eponine and a bloody good one too doesn't like her, she made a sub tweet about Carrie to someone over the sheet music thing and the whole stage door fisaco.
Quite a lot of them are very done with her just being Stunt casted for her name not for her talent, yeah Carrie is a good actress just not good enough to carry a show. Heathers was a prime example, absolutely dreadful!

Reactions: 9

People are finally fed up of waiting for Carrie to make some fun content that doesn’t involve her rudely answering Q&As with eye rolls or posting videos of her cat doing nothing of note

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.