Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Interesting that someone mentioned her trying to mimic whoever is flavour of the month in her boyfriend/friend circle... I don't think she could pretend to have the personality that Oliver has even if she tried. You can tell that his humour causes her to eyeroll in a kinda motherly (?!) way. She's no longer coy and laughing WITH him. She laughs only AT him. It's the weirdest thing to see play out.

Reactions: 14

PocketRLocket

The trouble is I don’t think the old ladies are the audience that ALW is after!
He really thinks young people are gonna see graffiti on the poster and be like "Woah yeah cool!! I love graffiti! This show is for young hip people like ME".

• Haha

Ellie_Rose

Just watched the video about fan encounters. She is so conceited, it’s unreal. She tells a story about being out with her old school friends when a fan asked her for a photo. Apparently her friends couldn’t believe that the girl they went to school with is now so famous that strangers want a picture with her. What a celeb.

God, even if that was true, you wouldn’t say it in a public video. It makes her sound so up herself. Think of all the actors who are 10 times more famous than her...I’ve never heard them talk about themselves in such a narcissistic way.

• Sick

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
This is the article https://www.google.com/amp/s/happif...-on-rebuilding-and-believing-in-yourself/amp/

Carrie shares how recently she was due to meet her boyfriend – fellow West End actor Oliver Ormson – and his castmates for drinks after rehearsals. As she approached the bar, Carrie felt her heart begin to beat faster as anxiety, at the thought of walking into a room full of people she didn’t know, set in. The evening went absolutely fine, and afterwards Carrie was frustrated that she spent so much time worrying about it.
It also says on the cover "Les Mis star Carrie Hope Fletcher shows anxiety can affect the most unlikely people"
This is why I asked her if she had been diagnosed with anxiety because there is a difference between having anxiety and feeling anxious at times.

I get anxious in certain situations like this, I hate asking for help in a shop, making phone calls, I've even lost friends but I feel like messaging them is bothering them so we end up just not talking anymore. I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety, I've never had a panic attack, and I wouldn't say I have anxiety. I think I'm just shy and socially awkward.
People use the word anxiety so freely online now you don't know if they have an anxiety disorder or are just feeling anxious...

Her anxiety has never been mentioned again as far as I am aware, since I'm blocked from her stories! If she had been diagnosed surely it's something she would take about more and use her platform to spread awareness.

Reactions: 13

salatblader

VIP Member
I am not trying to control what is discussed, but I just want to add my two cents: I studied psychology (I am not a therapist), but even therapists cannot speculate on whether or not someone in the public eye has a diagnosis. There is such a lot that factors in, and it's not very ethical. I don't think it helps the view of mental health or the discussions on here to debate whether or not Carrie has symptoms of a diagnosis. I do agree with a previous poster that it seems that she can let things grate on her self-esteem - like the tweet about being able to read sheet music. And I agree that she takes that too far a lot/seems to assume the worst. I guess it's human to have such weaknesses, and I certainly have them too, but if I were her I'd perhaps try to think on it before posting, sometimes.

• Heart

FakeSmile

VIP Member
The thing is, Carrie is always the first one to scream BOUNDARIES but then it always turns out that she doesn’t really have any. I think it’s really poor to leave people speculating whether you have been abused or not.

Buttercup1234

I think she deletes comments on YouTube and Instagram, there never seems to be any negative comments.

How bored must you be to spend time doing that.

Also, negativity gives you the opportunity to grow as a person.

I bet she's just constantly been spoonfed praise for too long and now she can't hack that people (like Oliver) are better than her.

I feel like they probably won't stay together, calling it now.
She totally does. I commented on one of her Sure #ads asking when she changed her mind on not supporting businesses who aren't cruelty-free and she deleted/hid it. I'm petty af when it comes to "influencers" selling out on any principles they lied about having so I used a few other accounts to ask a similar thing and she deleted them all. She HATES being called out on her fakeness.

majestic26

VIP Member
From what I've heard of Cinderella so far, if it hadn't been written by ALW it wouldn't be anywhere near the West End.

Reactions: 12
Just watched the video about fan encounters. She is so conceited, it’s unreal. She tells a story about being out with her old school friends when a fan asked her for a photo. Apparently her friends couldn’t believe that the girl they went to school with is now so famous that strangers want a picture with her. What a celeb.

God, even if that was true, you wouldn’t say it in a public video. It makes her sound so up herself. Think of all the actors who are 10 times more famous than her...I’ve never heard them talk about themselves in such a narcissistic way.
Yeah, when I heard that I thought, really? What a bizarre, selfish thing to say!
She definitely lives in a weird bubble where she thinks she’s more famous than she actually is. I remember seeing a poster for Addams Family in Leeds (advert for Bradford) before I really knew who she was and thinking she must be a soap actress who I hadn’t heard of. I discovered her YouTube channel not long after that and loved her behind the scenes videos, it was like having a British broadway.com vlog. I remember watching the Addams vlogs first and then going back and binge watching from the beginning. Then I came across the video where she essentially called out GG, and found the thread. I was then able to see the personality shift as I continued to binge watch her channel. Yes, Carrie herself pointed me towards the Gossip! I wonder how many other fans found the gossip sites through Carrie herself?!

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Going off topic for a brief second, I didn't know she wasn't well liked or respected in Theatre? Anymore details!
Yes there's quite a lot of people in the West end circle who don't really like Carrie for her narky attitude and her snide twitter remarks about not learning to read music and still being an accomplished westend actress. She's also very rude which a lot of them don't like.

• Heart

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I find it interesting that the opinion on Oliver has changed much in the same way as it did on Pete back then IIRC. In the beginning I found Pete slightly grating, especially with Carrie's insistence on them being this Disney fairytale couple and naming themselves Rapunzel and Flynn, and of course all the book promo with them dressed up as the characters etc. When we got to see more of Pete he came across a lot better, once he was allowed to actually talk. And the same with Oliver: the way she presented him in the beginning of their relationship wasn't exactly flattering, he came across as this weird silent type with a slightly creepy grin. Once she "allows" a boyfriend to be himself in front of HER camera, he usually comes across a lot better than before and....than her.

PamSlams

Who the heck got a tattoo of a quote from their own book, and a very mediocre one at that?? I know it’s old news but every time it’s brought up, I couldn’t help cringing so hard.

I’ve seen musicians tattoo lines from their songs but only after the songs gained “signature” status. Youtubers sell merch of their own catchphrases but only after they were indeed catchphrases among diehard fans.

I know it’s her body and her choice but, damn, it’s such a Carrie thing to do. :rolleyes:

The toll Heathers seemed to have taken on her highlights more reasons why her shortcut to musical theatre wasn’t the best route. She bypassed many developmental stages that would have built her character and appreciation for every role. A slower path would have perhaps helped her build better confidence and a better foundation in general. The fast track she took was a bit like someone who had been bed ridden trying to run a marathon when they still haven’t mastered walking. This was a random example and I didn’t mean to draw a parallel to her hasty marathon training. 😂 Although it does somewhat highlight a pattern of behavior of wanting to move along quickly and not take time to work up to things. You see it with her books as well. To her credit, she’s been impressively successful considering how she rushes into things. That being said, how much better would her performances and books be if she took more time to learn and cultivate her skills? How much better would her relationships with colleagues be if she seemed to be more humble and have more appreciation for the ensemble and people who worked their way up? Her ego perhaps wouldn’t be as fragile either and she wouldn’t feel so threatened.

• Heart