Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will say, opinions on skill and quality aside, writing and finishing a novel is an achievement. I can understand why she was so proud of it. Also, I think it was still fairly new that youtubers were getting book deals, and I think she may have naively believed she was getting a book deal based on talent. I think since then reality has set in that she is very much a novice writer and her book deals have been very much because she has a larger social media audience. Tattoos are personal and she can do as she pleases, but what I don’t get is the need to show strangers. Or, tell them you won’t show them, then show them...if you want to keep it private, just...keep it private...
But Carrie lives for screaming about her boundaries but then inherently not having any!

Reactions: 9
I can kinda understand wanting something that references/represents the book because her first novel is an important achievement to her (similar to musicians who get a tat that represents each album) but her books are so inherently tied to her relationships and personal life that she can't separate them - just as she can't not associate the tattoo with her ex, rather than the book itself.
That’s fair and understandable. Reading back, my comment wasn’t that clear that by “mediocre” I meant the choice of the quote, not the book itself. It’s not a remarkable, unique, or unforgettable one in any way. Oh well, looks like that applies to the book, too.

Tattoos are personal and she can do as she pleases, but what I don’t get is the need to show strangers. Or, tell them you won’t show them, then show them.
Yep. That’s a part of why it irks me. Like I said, her body, her choice. But if it’s THAT personal, you don’t play peek-a-boo with it and ramp up attention. But then again, that’s pretty much her modus operandi for everything.

Reactions: 3
The thing is she made SUCH a big deal about not showing the tattoo and then making a whole post about it? Like when she showed parts of it because she was in bikinis that felt natural, you know?
I wouldn’t be surprised if she poSts a house tour next

Reactions: 9
Sorry for going completely off topic guys but did anyone watch Oliver's stories? I know it's a filter but I really like his voice and he doesn't insist on doing the BELT that Carrie has to insist on doing.

I really wish she wouldn't do the over belt and shout when she sings.

I really liked her version of On my Own when she was Eponine the first time round, it was beautiful.

Her voice hasn't been the same since Heather's and it makes me sad. She really should have taken better care of her voice.

Reactions: 2
I really enjoyed Oliver’s Good Morning video yesterday about his auditions for Book of Mormon, really showed how determined he was to get the role. I don’t know if Carrie has ever acknowledged her auditions but I’d like to hear her do a little story time maybe about her first time, as an adult, in Les Mis

I really enjoyed Oliver’s Good Morning video yesterday about his auditions for Book of Mormon, really showed how determined he was to get the role. I don’t know if Carrie has ever acknowledged her auditions but I’d like to hear her do a little story time maybe about her first time, as an adult, in Les Mis
What about the time she auditioned for Cameron Mackintosh and he had tears in his eyes :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
What about the time she auditioned for Cameron Mackintosh and he had tears in his eyes :rolleyes:
Oh god, I forgot about that!🙄 I’d like to think though that she actually got that role because she deserved it, not just because of her name

Also, I remember distinctly her making a point about how much she likes a Mojito! Also, that happens to people all the time? I love a beer and my partner loves a glass of red with dinner and we always get given the “wrong” drinks, I don’t make a bloody post about it!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I liked that video too and his Twitter Q&A. When he was talking about not being good at tap dancing when he first started drama school, but worked hard and by the end he was at a medium level. I highly doubt Carrie would have that level of determination to better herself/career

I liked that video too and his Twitter Q&A. When he was talking about not being good at tap dancing when he first started drama school, but worked hard and by the end he was at a medium level. I highly doubt Carrie would have that level of determination to better herself/career
It would have done Carrie the world of good to have gone through drama school and to really work for the roles that she’s gone on to have. Instead she’s always had this mentality that things are going to be handed to her on a plate and as such, she doesn’t have to try. You’d think that hearing Oliver’s experiences would give her some humility but it’s like she’s immune to what he has to say/what he’s been through to get to where he is now.

You’d think that hearing Oliver’s experiences would give her some humility but it’s like she’s immune to what he has to say/what he’s been through to get to where he is now.
Exactly. The fact he auditioned 3 years in a row for Book of Mormon and even got a bank loan to have his braces removed, shows how much he wanted that role

Reactions: 10
Can't (well, I can) believe she's actually posting whingey pouting videos over losing some instagram followers. Bigger things to worry about. Get over yourself.

Reactions: 10
Her brother Tom from Mcfly went to Sylvia Young Theatre School when he was13... Wonder if she applied and did nt get in on a scholarship... Parents wouldn't have been able to afford to pay. Tom went to same primary as my daughter.. His mum worked there too as a TA level position... Dad worked at kodak Harrow.

Can't (well, I can) believe she's actually posting whingey pouting videos over losing some instagram followers. Bigger things to worry about. Get over yourself.
I agree. The complaining is just so dull. And pointless. No one else cares, keep doing what you enjoy and don't fish for sympathy from your die-hards. She also whines whenever she loses followers on YouTube when posting regularly: Take the hint and start making quality content again. (That being said, I don't mind her doing the journaling. Sure, the concept wasn't her original idea, but it's a cute little opportunity for people to carve that time out for themselves to journal/be creative. I don't watch them because I don't journal, but I don't really mind that she does the lives. I just mind that she goes on and on about them in every video and story she does lately).

Brother Tom from Mcfly got into Sylvia Young Theatre School at 13... Must have been a scholardhip... Wonder if she applied didn't get in o r no scholarship,,, parents couldn't have ppsid ??? She used to live in Northolt Harrow... Tom lives in a mansion in Herts close to Harrow... Yet she hardly seemed to mention she had visited her nephews or brother pre covid???... Sour grapes????

I'm sure is not the live stream is that she saves them posts them on her feed and that's her only content (that and closed eye selfies). How long until her next underwear picture to bring more likes and followers?

Reasons why Carrie is losing followers, unrelated to her journaling posts:
1) Endless pictures of Edgar despite him having his own IG account
2) Endless selfies/boomerangs with her eyes closed
3) Utterly boring content for weeks on end.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Reasons why Carrie is losing followers, unrelated to her journaling posts:
1) Endless pictures of Edgar despite him having his own IG account
2) Endless selfies/boomerangs with her eyes closed
3) Utterly boring content for weeks on end.
4) she makes everything about her (self inserting)
5) shes always angry about something
6) she tries to get involved with West end stars that actually went to stage school who even now at 30/40/50 years old still go to singing lessons and dance lessons. She can't compare to them

Reactions: 8
Numbers don’t matter to her but she’s throwing a hissy fit because she’s lost a large amount... grow up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.