Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she has everything to be jealous of looks wise, she looks like a over fifty, over weight, fashion is awful, she's frumpy...I could go on...

She looks beautiful, come on there is zero reason to bring up her weight. Regardless of how bad her character is, she is a beautiful woman.

is it really shutting down though? She didn’t report or try to close down the OP’s account or anything. The OP can still post about anything in their own account and spread any info as much as they want. Carrie doesn’t owe Carrie’s space to anyone? It’s when she sent her minions to report or bully other accounts like on twitter that I have a problem with.
Yeah, noone is obliged to accept and respect your different opinions on their own social media accounts. 🤷‍♀️ Block buttons exist for a reason.

Reactions: 16
I have no idea how to post direct replies to comments :LOL:
you can click on the Quote button right next to the Like button on the bottom right side of the comment! Or just highlight the part of the comment you want to quote, you’d see the Quote button pop up under the highlighted part! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
you can click on the Quote button right next to the Like button on the bottom right side of the comment! Or just highlight the part of the comment you want to quote, you’d see the Quote button pop up under the highlighted part!
I can't see the little quote button (maybe as i'm a new member?) but I can insert a quote so hopefully this works! thanks for the help :)

Yeah, noone is obliged to accept and respect your different opinions on their own social media accounts. 🤷‍♀️ Block buttons exist for a reason.
But she is a public figure? If she had a private account I would understand but she publically shares her life across three major social media platforms.

Reactions: 4
She looks beautiful, come on there is zero reason to bring up her weight. Regardless of how bad her character is, she is a beautiful woman.

As has been said she is a public figure, trying to influence and put her opinions across to thousands of others. Plus she actively requests feedback then attacks or blocks people who offer criticism. There is no need to block people who fairly and politely question something you have posted, if you dont want to engage in debate you can just ignore it completely or just do a short reply along lines of live and let live. Blocking alienates people and portrays themselves as a person that is closed to criticism, debate and believes their opinion is the only right one.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can't see the little quote button (maybe as i'm a new member?) but I can insert a quote so hopefully this works! thanks for the help :)

But she is a public figure? If she had a private account I would understand but she publically shares her life across three major social media platforms.

She still has no obligation to continue a convo or accept opinions she doesn't agree with, regardless of whether she is a public figure.

I was also blocked for just saying she shouldn't take things so seriously but it is her right to block me lol

Reactions: 9
She is allowed to share about issues she cares deeply about, many celebrities are posting about that exact issue. While not something I agree with personally the discourse is very much on that side on Twitter.

I don’t think sending messages to celebrities is something we should be doing when they post things we dislike. Engage with them publicly sure but sending PMs is a bit off in my opinion.

just unfollow her and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She is allowed to share about issues she cares deeply about, many celebrities are posting about that exact issue. While not something I agree with personally the discourse is very much on that side on Twitter.

I don’t think sending messages to celebrities is something we should be doing when they post things we dislike. Engage with them publicly sure but sending PMs is a bit off in my opinion.

Exactly.

again if she doesn't want people to reply to her stories the function off like many others do. And replying to a story is a bit different to random DMs. I think also Instagram really isnt the place for that kind of thing anyway. The exact reason I like Instagram is its picture based and I use as a source of inspiration and dont have to see everyone's opinions on the topic of the day. Through screenshots of statements etc it's becoming another form of toxic Twitter.

Reactions: 2
again if she doesn't want people to reply to her stories the function off like many others do. And replying to a story is a bit different to random DMs. I think also Instagram really isnt the place for that kind of thing anyway. The exact reason I like Instagram is its picture based and I use as a source of inspiration and dont have to see everyone's opinions on the topic of the day. Through screenshots of statements etc it's becoming another form of toxic Twitter.

It's like saying if you don't want random ppl to talk to you on the street, don't go out. Anywayyyy

I can't wait for oli to get back to see what's up.

On the one hand, I think when friends, family or public figures post personal and political views, you can just let them express themselves and leave it at that. Even if I disagree, I just try to think of it objectively that they felt strongly enough they wanted to vent, and I just let them have that space without backlash. I don’t want people to be scared to share even controversial opinions. I think different views and difficult discussions are important and we can’t have them if everyone is too scared.

However, when you do drop controversial opinions in your friends, families and followers laps, it’s only realistic to know you’re inviting a discussion. if someone rages or attacks you, I totally agree that warrants a block. But, if someone is just politely disagreeing I think it’s fair game. Now, it is her social media account so she can post and block however she wants, but, she will alienate people if she is going to create a controversial, aggressive and hostile environment. If she’s cool with that being her reputation, then so be it.

If your going to cast a line out you can’t be surprised when you get bites. it’s also worth noting that she argues and blocks people over even petty topics or even misunderstood praise. Again, she can block to her hearts content, but it does make her look hot headed and foolish. it would be better if she ignored people who disagree, or, if she must respond, she could take a minute to think of a respectful, thoughtful reply and be the bigger person. It would be much better for her image and her brand, which is mostly what her public social media is for. Publicity and freebies. If someone tells her she’s losing a follower, she can just let them go without the fuss. Angrily replying then blocking feels like “you can’t fire me, I quit!” And childish “last word” behavior, which, again, makes her look like a jerk.

Reactions: 10
On the one hand, I think when friends, family or public figures post personal and political views, you can just let them express themselves and leave it at that. Even if I disagree, I just try to think of it objectively that they felt strongly enough they wanted to vent, and I just let them have that space without backlash. I don’t want people to be scared to share even controversial opinions. I think different views and difficult discussions are important and we can’t have them if everyone is too scared.

However, when you do drop controversial opinions in your friends, families and followers laps, it’s only realistic to know you’re inviting a discussion. if someone rages or attacks you, I totally agree that warrants a block. But, if someone is just politely disagreeing I think it’s fair game. Now, it is her social media account so she can post and block however she wants, but, she will alienate people if she is going to create a controversial, aggressive and hostile environment. If she’s cool with that being her reputation, then so be it.

If your going to cast a line out you can’t be surprised when you get bites. it’s also worth noting that she argues and blocks people over even petty topics or even misunderstood praise. Again, she can block to her hearts content, but it does make her look hot headed and foolish. it would be better if she ignored people who disagree, or, if she must respond, she could take a minute to think of a respectful, thoughtful reply and be the bigger person. It would be much better for her image and her brand, which is mostly what her public social media is for. Publicity and freebies. If someone tells her she’s losing a follower, she can just let them go without the fuss. Angrily replying then blocking feels like “you can’t fire me, I quit!” And childish “last word” behavior, which, again, makes her look like a jerk.
i very much agree with you. Like I said earlier, I don’t think Carrie owes anyone a place in her own space. In the case of the OP, things happened over DMs so it’s semi-private (well it started as an IG story so not fully private) and I feel Carrie has full rights to end discussion or block. She also knows a fan would be unhappy. If she could deal with it then okay.

But there’s this thing that she did a lot, what you call the “last word” behavior. It’s when people say something in the comment she doesn’t agree with, whether it’s on IG, Twitter, or youtube, she lashes out then block them. THIS I can’t get behind. If an issue happens on a public ground and you get to have your say, the other person should get the same opportunity with the same audience.

I never understand this notion that we aren't allowed to respond to opinions celebrities put out. If she doesn't want people to respond she can turn off that feature on her IG stories. When it comes to politics there's always going to be someone who disagrees with your stance and the message I sent her was a direct response to one of her stories because I wanted to hear her opinion further so that maybe I could learn something new that I hadn't realised or thought of. At the end of the day, if Carrie doesn't want to invite constructive criticism or a differing viewpoint than maybe she shouldn't be posting so much online.

But there’s this thing that she did a lot, what you call the “last word” behavior. It’s when people say something in the comment she doesn’t agree with, whether it’s on IG, Twitter, or youtube, she lashes out then block them. THIS I can’t get behind. If an issue happens on a public ground and you get to have your say, the other person should get the same opportunity.
Yes, that's exactly what bothers me! Just her assumption that I'm the enemy and only she gets the last word by posting a horrible reply and then blocking me. It took away my ability to defend myself, which is what bullies do. I just can't get behind that.

I never understand this notion that we aren't allowed to respond to opinions celebrities put out. If she doesn't want people to respond she can turn off that feature on her IG stories. When it comes to politics there's always going to be someone who disagrees with your stance and the message I sent her was a direct response to one of her stories because I wanted to hear her opinion further so that maybe I could learn something new that I hadn't realised or thought of. At the end of the day, if Carrie doesn't want to invite constructive criticism or a differing viewpoint than maybe she shouldn't be posting so much online.
publicly yes, debates are very much welcome.
Privately messaging them is going over the line in my opinion.

We don’t know what was said on either side, so I can’t judge tone or anything but she is bound to get some really crappy PMs from people who hide behind the fact it is private.

publicly yes, debates are very much welcome.
Privately messaging them is going over the line in my opinion.
How though? She publically shared an opinion on her Instagram stories so how else am I supposed to respond to that other than a direct message?

Reactions: 3
The issue with Instagram stories is that the only way to reply is by essentially a DM, correct? To me that is a bit of a grey area if you want to respond and that is the only option. Also, is there a way to turn off that feature? If you really want to post a story that no one can respond to? I’ve responded to stories in that way to ask general questions like where they bought an item they were displaying or sometimes even to answer a question they asked, so of course expecting replies in that case.

Instagram stories feels like a different beast than going out of your way to DM when you could have commented publicly. Sometimes dealing with a disagreement in a private message may even have the benefit of letting you both save face if it’s a particularly sensitive subject that could upset other “onlookers”. Everyone’s comfort zones are different, but it’s just common sense if she’s going to dangle a bone in front of her audience and they go to take a bite only to have her swat their nose, she’s not creating a very “love and kindness, imagine people complexly” environment. Which is still up to her, if that’s what she wants her vibe to be now.

How though? She publically shared an opinion on her Instagram stories so how else am I supposed to respond to that other than a direct message?
she posts very similar things on Twitter, or you can tag her outwith that. YouTube comments is another thing she usually has publicly open.
Her regular Instagram pictures also have comments where you could reference her stories.

I just see PMs as a line we shouldn’t cross, especially when she hasn’t actually done something wrong exactly

Someone mentioned olivier doesn't follow her on insta, so I went and searched his name and didn't find it. But she follows him

Someone mentioned olivier doesn't follow her on insta, so I went and searched his name and didn't find it. But she follows him
Sometimes you have to type the full username for it to show up, instagram is a bit weird. But he definitely is still following her

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.