Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Not a fan of the music if that's the best bit they chose to promote it. Too shouty.
Can’t believe this is the one time I’d have to say Carrie’s singing is okay but the song is just bad. The lyrics, the melody, the arrangement.. they’re just all.. bad, no other ways to say it. There’s nothing interesting or witty or catchy at all in there. It’s actually amazing how spectacularly meh it is.

Reactions: 5
That Cinderella promo video looks like one of Carrie’s vlogs. It’s obvious that Andrew Lloyd Webber is heavily using her online fame to sell tickets. To me it’s got a Heathers vibe about it...it’s the Carrie Hope Fletcher show.
Of course he is she is literally the star of the show!! I don’t hold it against him that he wants to use all she can bring to the table to promote this musical and get tickets sold! Especially in times as uncertain as now!

Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed the video and I really like the song! For once Carrie did a good job! Though I’m quite sure it was toned down by the producers/ editors otherwise it would be totally shouty (even more so than people are already saying! Haha)

Do we think she’s drinking these vitamin drinks in some bizarre attempt to get ready to start Cinderella stuff again or just for show?

Can’t believe this is the one time I’d have to say Carrie’s singing is okay but the song is just bad. The lyrics, the melody, the arrangement.. they’re just all.. bad, no other ways to say it. There’s nothing interesting or witty or catchy at all in there. It’s actually amazing how spectacularly meh it is.
Yeah, especially since I'm assuming this is either an opening or a central song. I'm not super knowledgeable about musicals but I can still tell when I've heard a good/moving piece of musical theatre and this just... provokes nothing. Except maybe feeling underwhelmed.
Context might improve it but it seems very 'tell not show'.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She didn’t seem to have any friends in the Heathers cast so she didn’t really have any one to bounce off of in the vlogs. She’s much better when she has someone like Scott with her.
I think the cast could see her true colours so they were civil with her just to keep the piece, also I feel the Heather's cast were a lot more professional so they only want to do their jobs and not piss about in front of a camera all day.

Reactions: 1
Some thoughts on that preview:

The opening/speak singing part of that song really reminds me of Six. Interesting that Carrie is apparently uninterested in Six but seems to be taking inspiration from it in her delivery there.

I just realised the "Call me bad Cinderella" (or "Cindereller"according to Carrie's accent) part is a modulation of "In My Own Little Corner" - this must be intentional and is at least tiny bit of proof that ALW did put at least some thought/effort into this score and hasn't entirely checked out.

The lyrics of this song make no sense out of context so it's a really weird one for them to use for marketing. But then maybe they don't make sense in context either.

Reactions: 2
I also get very heavy Six vibes from the "talky" bit.

And it's a known fact that ALW rips off other classic compositions and songs. Nothing he's done is 100% original!

Last edited:
I also just realised that the slanted "er" in the image is supposed to form a slipper. I'm a bit slow hahaha, I couldn't figure it out.

I think the cast could see her true colours so they were civil with her just to keep the piece, also I feel the Heather's cast were a lot more professional so they only want to do their jobs and not piss about in front of a camera all day.
I’m not so sure- I’ve just finished rewatching her behind the scenes vids and there was a lot of mucking about for the camera from Carries costars. There were even lots of fans commenting on how loud they appeared to be in the wings while the show was going on. Some people put it down to being in a bigger theatre so the sound didn’t carry as much, but they were at the Other Palace. It’s quite a small theatre and the cast were told to shut up and keep it down in a few vlogs.
She seemed to get on most with the original Les Mis cast when she was Eponine and the cast of Addams.

Reactions: 4
I also just realised that the slanted "er" in the image is supposed to form a slipper. I'm a bit slow hahaha, I couldn't figure it out.
It took me ages to see it too because when I look at it I just think the pink spray paint looks like a ball sack...

1596390682866.png

It looks like someone's GCSE media coursework or something they would design on The Apprentice..

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m not so sure- I’ve just finished rewatching her behind the scenes vids and there was a lot of mucking about for the camera from Carries costars. There were even lots of fans commenting on how loud they appeared to be in the wings while the show was going on. Some people put it down to being in a bigger theatre so the sound didn’t carry as much, but they were at the Other Palace. It’s quite a small theatre and the cast were told to shut up and keep it down in a few vlogs.
She seemed to get on most with the original Les Mis cast when she was Eponine and the cast of Addams.
Yeah that cast seemed like they were so annoying for the back of house staff.

Her singing hurts my ears. It’s awful, shouty, unpleasant. I just don’t know what ALW sees in her except £££ signs.

Reactions: 3
Her middle range is just horrid. And ‘I’m a bad Cinderella’ is the lamest thing I’ve ever heard 😂

Reactions: 6
From what I've heard of Cinderella so far, if it hadn't been written by ALW it wouldn't be anywhere near the West End.

Reactions: 12
Thought Carrie’s family had cats when she was growing up? She seems to think a cat sitting near you is a novel, instagrammable moment 🤣
I guess he's just not a very affectionate cat so it seems like a big deal. Tbh I feel like she has the kind of energy that would turn most animals off! Loud and aggressive. I bet dogs don't enjoy her company.

• Haha
I watched an instagram live with Jodie Steele and Jennifer Tierney and during the Q&A part they were talking about being a good company member. Jodie said she's always told students "your reputation is in the room before you are".

Jennifer agreed and said the first thing creatives do nowadays is go on social media to see how you represent yourself/interact.

Neither of them mentioned Carrie obviously but she was who came to mind straight away.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.