Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
That crying in the garden photo is so stupid! It’s like when little kids watch themselves in the mirror when they are crying!
And let’s face it, she wasn’t crying in the garden. She was sunbathing non stop and posting boomerangs so people would tell her how good she looks.

Reactions: 21

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
I highly doubt cinders will be back after this shut down, its been an absolute flop especially with carries behavior online

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Yet more "look at me, woe is me, I'll tease you with something that happened but I'm not brave enough to properly spill it" over-dramatic nonsense from this cast.

So you had some challenges at work and needed to hit the bottle afterwards, we all have those days at some point in our dull and dreary ordinary job lives, no need to make a song and dance about it and whinge to the world.

I mean if you listen to truly great actors of the decades speaking about their craft you get a real sense that they absolutely love performing and are itching to get on stage every minute of the day, come what may. But not this cast. Perhaps they need to consider whether this particular company, or acting in general, is truly their vocation.
absolutely this! obviously i don’t know any of them personally but, based on their social media, they seem like the most dramatic cast ever (not ivano though, he seems like a sweetheart). a lot of them have done these really extra “terrible day at work” posts multiple times now; they’re in an industry where things change at the last minute all the time, if that’s enough to send you into a spiral then maybe think about a different type of job 🤷🏼‍♀️ i’m starting to see why alw allegedly lost patience with them.

• Heart

Redfloss

VIP Member
What I really want to know is why Disney are giving her free trips to film the same content with a different guy every other year

• Haha

ladylulu

Sociologists are moving towards a seven class system for the UK — due to blue collar ≠ a traditional working class lifestyle; office workers on poverty wages; and so on. The three-class system is no longer functional within the modern-day United Kingdom, IMO.
Lol I'm American and had to Google "UK seven classes" b/c I hadn't heard that. The British class system is wild to me. America definitely has a sense of new money vs old money and obviously a lot of racial class tension rightfully so but it's far more cut and dry than a seven class system. From my vantage point I'd say by American standards Carrie was raised (American) middle class and is now (American) upper middle. I consider myself the same.

I went to a private middle school (US grade 6-8, age 11-13) and I recall that gut feeling of "These people have more money than I do." My classmates would mention their cleaning ladies and talk about their international summer vacations. During birthday parties and sleepovers I noticed that their big houses were in nicer neighborhoods than my house was in. And, I will admit, at the time I felt quite poor in comparison. Then I went back to public school for high school and suddenly felt quite wealthy compared to the kids who would ask around for a dollar to get home on the bus.

I think if Carrie had gone to University/ Drama School it might have humbled her in the same way: Living in student housing, meeting tons of people working waitressing jobs between classes, maybe having to get one herself, etc. Her path to success was fairly unorthodox: YouTube due to being the right age at the right time, getting a book deal b/c Gi had a book agent b/c Gi was married to Tom and Tom was famous, getting a West End principal role as her first professional role, buying an apartment at 22, buying a house at 26(?), etc. I think she lacks some crucial empathy for her fellow actors who are baristas, dance teachers, office workers, who started in the ensemble and worked their way up.

kev1974

VIP Member
:ROFLMAO: the begging for votes has begun already.

where is the category for "identifying as the most obnoxious to their audience", I'd vote for her in that straight away

• Haha

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
This is going to be a short series then considering she repeatedly returns to the same show.
Can’t wait for the Cinderella one. Got rolled out everywhere as the face of the show, messed up WEL, didn’t go to work, had a load of rows on Twitter about how I’m not the face of the show, threw some shade at the man who pays my wage, had a few more days off, got the cast to throw shade at the man who pays their wage, show gets shut down…

shesaidit

Don't mean to turn this into a Rodney thread 🙃 but this insta post of his was also shared as a story with the caption 'Tone. Intended.' and honestly that just pisses me off. I happen to enjoy the show and I actually genuinely feel uncomfortable going to watch people perform who are posting sarcastic things like this about their jobs. Like, how is the audience meant to feel? You don't want to be up there, leave. So many would kill to take your place.
I don't want to pay to watch people perform who are bitching and sniping and complaining about it so publicly. I don't even care what's being done to them at this point, show some damn respect to your paying audience.

Ooh that was a rant for this early in the morning 😆

Attachments

• Heart

mango55

I wonder if this partly explains her erratic attendance with Cinderella, and being overly defensive on social media?

Knowing a court case like this was coming up would 100% be anxiety-inducing, and we all know you don’t have to be physically unwell to be sick.

I think it would also get my back up if people were complaining about where I was or getting a bit too “close” or “personal” with all this that’s come to light?

Then again, I’d probably stop posting personal stuff online altogether if this happened to me…😬.

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
Oh look, she's tweeting about going away on holiday at the end of the week... well deserved rest I'm sure 🙄 I reckon it's Lapland as she's going on about snow and it's not like she'd go anywhere decent 🤣

Fantastic to know she's more than happy to jet off during a pandemic, omicron be damned.
It is Lapland she said on her stories a few hours ago.

don’t see the problem with her going on a trip she had planned? It’s not against restrictions so why shouldn’t she. Everyone’s put their lives on hold for long enough so I don’t begrudge anyone going and keeping plans whilst they can

Reactions: 20

Juune

Imho he's shutting cinderella because of his ego, cinderella never quite hit the mark, and so much drama. Far better to blame it on covid and be like yes that why it died, not infighting, a lackluster score and just general meh about the whole thing. If it was him having insider info it would not just be cinderella that shut. Also the cabinet barely knows what is going on, a random non important peer is not getting the inside scoop unless he's phantom of the opera style lurking in number 10s ceiling tiles.

• Haha

Rosielee

I would like to thank you all for your good theatre energy as today I won the Harry Potter Friday forty and will be seeing Frozen on New Year’s Eve. ;):D

• Heart

Poothe

VIP Member
The white mug was the biggest anticlimax to the world’s most boring advent calendar of all times! #gifted #ad 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Before Carrie and the Hatefuls suggest we're making fun of her appearance: we're not. Sex appeal does not always correlate to looks (and vice versa). Carrie is attractive but she overacts so hard when trying to be "sexy" that it comes across horribly

shesaidit

exactly this! when did she last post about going to see a show out of genuine enjoyment for theatre?
I saw on Ivano's stories when he had 3-4 days holiday he literally posted being at a show every single night. You can tell he really loves theatre. The difference between him and Carrie really stood out to me.

• Heart