Carrie Hope Fletcher #14 Hetroflexible with her schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ivano is in this concert performance on 6th Feb. So either this was booked in anyway or they are allowed to be doing other jobs in this time?

Lucy's in it and she's still in Phantom so I assume one off concerts are fine? Would be a bit mean anyway to not be paying them but not allow them to do another job... even for ALW!

Reactions: 2
Was just thinking about something someone posted earlier about Carrie possibly hoping to be called into a previous show to save the day. I think recently they pulled in someone from the tour to play Fantine even though she'd never covered Fantine. Seemed like it would have been obvious to ask Carrie as she's there and not currently performing in her own show, doesn't it?

Reactions: 3
Was just thinking about something someone posted earlier about Carrie possibly hoping to be called into a previous show to save the day. I think recently they pulled in someone from the tour to play Fantine even though she'd never covered Fantine. Seemed like it would have been obvious to ask Carrie as she's there and not currently performing in her own show, doesn't it?
Didn't Carrie only play Fantine in the concert version so wouldn't necessarily be aware of the blocking? Might be wrong. Like it or not, Carrie is a 'name' in theatre circles so drafting her in for something like that would probably be a bigger deal than just asking a lesser-known performer to step in. Feel like the newcomer would be way more keen to step in and help whereas Carrie would probably ask for more pay, diva demands, etc.

Reactions: 1
Carrie has responded to the Molly Mae controversy on Twitter. I actually agree with her point, but I find it insanely hypocritical, coming from her. She, like Molly Mae, has no recognition of her privileges. Any other actor would’ve been thrown out on their arse by now, if they’d behaved the way she had. She has a vile attitude, no training, and isn’t even that talented. And what is she doing with her 24 hours? Taking selfies and pictures of her cat.

C’mon Carrie. You’re so close to understanding the actual point, and yet, so far.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Carrie has responded to the Molly Mae controversy on Twitter. I actually agree with her point, but I find it insanely hypocritical, coming from her. She, like Molly Mae, has no recognition of her privileges. Any other actor would’ve been thrown out on their arse by now, if they’d behaved the way she had. She has a vile attitude, no training, and isn’t even that talented. And what is she doing with her 24 hours? Taking selfies and pictures of her cat.

C’mon Carrie. You’re so close to understanding the actual point, and yet, so far.
Incredible coming from someone who has had every opportunity handed to her with minimal effort. Once again inserting herself into an discussion which she has no right to partake in.

Reactions: 18
Next thread title suggestion: Carrie Woke Fletcher

As usual she has to get her 2 cents in and speak about matters that have nothing to do with her and her privileged lifestyle

Reactions: 23

Just immediately made me think of https://www.reddit.com/r/SelfAwarewolves/

When I mean by finding it creepy that Tanya was hanging out with someone a lot younger than her I mean scarlet I see scarlet still mentally as a child, I should have been a lot clearer. I mean I too have friends that are a lot older than me and friends who are my sisters age which is 3 years younger than me. Tanya was smart enough to manipulate poor scarlet

It irks me that Carrie will never seem to get her head around the fact that her claiming to be 'working class' is part of the problem, and plays into the cycle of classism perpetuated by influencer culture. She acts like an ally to the actual working classes whilst being privileged and spending her time sitting on her backside. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 15
It irks me that Carrie will never seem to get her head around the fact that her claiming to be 'working class' is part of the problem, and plays into the cycle of classism perpetuated by influencer culture. She acts like an ally to the actual working classes whilst being privileged and spending her time sitting on her backside. :rolleyes:
She is still very classist. It’s like the time she said she wasn’t gonna learn sheet music since poor people can’t. Obviously I’m paraphrasing but that was the gist of her defense.

I had that video pop up on my tiktok and was so tempted to say something about how Carrie is the odd one out for dressing inappropriately and unprofessionally then I saw that it was Lauren's page so I didn't 😅😅
It's like the time she couldn't be bothered to buy sneakers or proper dance shoes for Chitty, and showed up in Docs. And when she basically said she's not a dancer and has no plans to become one. How did they let her get away with that tit?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
She is still very classist. It’s like the time she said she wasn’t gonna learn sheet music since poor people can’t. Obviously I’m paraphrasing but that was the gist of her defense.
Oh for sure! Her downplaying her privilege whilst simultaneously acting as if she's doing things out of solidarity rather than her penchant for laziness is so infuriating. As has been said on the Molly-Mae thread, these people would lose their minds at doing a 'low-skilled' job. Carrie can spend her days 'following her dreams' and be totally devoid of self-awareness whilst doing so. I don't know how Oliver, who appears to actually come from a Northern working class background, puts up with it.

Reactions: 10
We've all seen lately the contempt Carrie and much of the west end has for normal jobs. It's all beneath them, just hollow sentiments when they say otherwise

Reactions: 11
Didn't Carrie only play Fantine in the concert version so wouldn't necessarily be aware of the blocking? Might be wrong. Like it or not, Carrie is a 'name' in theatre circles so drafting her in for something like that would probably be a bigger deal than just asking a lesser-known performer to step in. Feel like the newcomer would be way more keen to step in and help whereas Carrie would probably ask for more pay, diva demands, etc.
She was in the fully staged show after doing the concert the first time in 2019. She left the fully staged show for a period of I believe something like 7 weeks to do a Cinderella workshop and Rachel Ann Go went in to cover that period, she was meant to go back in until the normal cast change period of June but the pandemic hit literally like a week after she left - so she has been in the very same production that the tour cover went into so she would have had it somewhere in her brain and had experience of it, it may be contracting between the tour and London Les Mis companies because the main covers have been moving between the two but it is hilarious to think of Carrie throwing a strop every time they don’t ask her especially since JOJ came back to do Jean ValJean

Reactions: 1
I really doubt Carrie would cope with covering a role last minute like so many performers have been doing in the West End lately. We’ve seen how she reacts when she has to perform in situations that she is not familiar with. Can you imagine her coming in to a cast she doesn’t know (and hasn’t had the chance to buy with Pepsi and biscuits yet), improvised costumes that don’t fit, and no rehearsal time? Not a chance. An actress called Charlotte Kennedy recently covered Cosette in Les Mis for a matinee and evening performance on the same day. She hadn’t performed the role since summer 2019! She’s also been working a normal office job throughout the pandemic. Ironically I think she played Cinderella in a panto after she finished in Les Mis, and probably did it more convincingly than Carrie 😂

Reactions: 18

To be fair, if this is the start of her acknowledging her own privilege to chase her own dreams and get paid to do it then that's great. However, if she's going to continue to say this, not acknowledge her own privilege and try to keep pedalling this 'humble beginnings' narrative then it's really hypocritical. I hope the Molly Mae controversy does make her rethink how she talks about her own life and upbringing in the future.

Reactions: 4
I've noticed with Tom that he doesn't deny coming from a middle class family growing up but will say his parents worked hard.

Whereas Carrie will always try to imply she comes from a working class family with parents who worked hard.

Tom is so open about it so how does Carrie think she can trick people into believing something completely different

Reactions: 15
I've noticed with Tom that he doesn't deny coming from a middle class family growing up but will say his parents worked hard.

Whereas Carrie will always try to imply she comes from a working class family with parents who worked hard.

Tom is so open about it so how does Carrie think she can trick people into believing something completely different
Carrie wants to come across as "just like you!!" she tries way too hard to be relatable, even though we all can see right through her.

Reactions: 6
That's why it's mainly teenagers who like her, they're the only ones who can't see the inaccuracies and hypocrisy

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.