Carrie Hope Fletcher #14 Hetroflexible with her schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if he does know anything specific. Wouldn't he arrange for Phantom to close too? I don't know how these things work.

Reactions: 7
I don't know if he does know anything specific. Wouldn't he arrange for Phantom to close too? I don't know how these things work.
That’s the main confusion of it really, it’s show specific not from “LW Theatres” that would cover Phantom and even Frozen as he owns that theatre so it’s definitely from the “show” not “theatre” if that makes sense? Phantom is the bigger show cast and crew wise but also a far more sold money maker, people will go and see it no matter the time of year really so in that way I can see why

it does seem a strange connection that really the only show this year that’s had a significant amount of doggey Press surrounding it is the only one to make a big decision like this - take moulin rouge for example they were hit so badly by covid they were off for a long time and had to train new performers even getting some of the Broadway cast over to perform and they never made a call like this

Reactions: 13
He isn't the producer of those shows though. I think he or his company are producing cinderella so he can open and close at will as its also in one of his theatres

Reactions: 4
I think they're using covid as an excuse tbh. Things have been going downhill for the show and tensions seem high. I wonder if it will even return in February

Reactions: 23
I think they're using covid as an excuse tbh. Things have been going downhill for the show and tensions seem high. I wonder if it will even return in February
Doubt it. If it does come back, it will be a rewritten revival production in a few years time.

Reactions: 5
Let's see in the next week or so, if any other shows or tours announce such a lengthy closure.
If they don't, then I would suspect it is to do with ticket sales, OR it is ALW hamfistedly trying to make some sort of anti covid political point again.
Remember how during the earlier lockdowns he was always spearheading the discussions about getting the theatres back open and he was running special test events with covid-proof door handles and audience sprays and stuff. So it's odd that now he throws in the towel just like that.

It is a bit weird that CHF also said today that she was going for her booster. Because if she and the other cast members all get their boosters, then that's doing what the government tells us is necessary for a normal life, and so there shouldn't be any need for the extended closures.

Reactions: 14
I’ve just seen Lauren’s post and it doesn’t sound like at least the ensemble were told anything, the majority of her post could obviously be referring to the unpredictability of covid but she ends it with “See you in Feb Cinders I guess” which comes across quite differently to Carrie’s “apologies if you had tickets, hopefully you’ll all be in Belleville soon!” Boomerang 24 hour story

Also saw this posted on a musical theatre Facebook group, I have a feeling this guy was included in the cast posts earlier on this thread but if anyone can confirm if he works on the show that would be great (not my screenshot)
Regardless of what is going on the whole cast of Cinderella and surrounding it are just fuelling drama. It’s so draining and negative for fans and really bad publicity and enough to put anyone off buying tickets

Reactions: 12
Imho he's shutting cinderella because of his ego, cinderella never quite hit the mark, and so much drama. Far better to blame it on covid and be like yes that why it died, not infighting, a lackluster score and just general meh about the whole thing. If it was him having insider info it would not just be cinderella that shut. Also the cabinet barely knows what is going on, a random non important peer is not getting the inside scoop unless he's phantom of the opera style lurking in number 10s ceiling tiles.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
following on from what @Mark81 said, it’s absolutely a money making exercise on ALW’s part and (as harsh as it is) an understandable one.

he, like many other theatre owners, needs to try and get at least some of the money he’s losing back. cinderella is by far his least popular show in the west end in his most modern theatre. it makes sense to let cinders take the hit and regather money from there rather than something like phantom, which is always going to get an audience but is in a very old theatre.

it’s awful for everyone but i can see the logic.
Phantom isn't actually Andrew's show. It's Cameron's. ALW will get about 20% for being the resident theatre, and he will get his personal royalties, that won't go to RUG though. Cameron does let ALW do what he wants with the show but Cameron will get the biggest cut. Cinderella is in trouble. I agree he is cost cutting and this length if closure means he can stop paying salaries to the company.

Reactions: 12
Besides Carrie will be too busy playing one of her previous roles again for the 100th time
She'll be busy with her new book that she claims to have written herself. And probably somehow still be opening the bloody nespresso advent calendar every day, since she never seems to actually drink and comment on the individual pods and tells us anything about them, she can just put them back behind the doors and keep that little line of content going for months.

Reactions: 10
It looks like Frozen are closed, hoping to reopen 29th Dec. So they haven't cancelled until February like Cinderella has.
Screenshot_2021-12-22-09-09-23-65_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Phantom isn't actually Andrew's show. It's Cameron's. ALW will get about 20% for being the resident theatre, and he will get his personal royalties, that won't go to RUG though. Cameron does let ALW do what he wants with the show but Cameron will get the biggest cut. Cinderella is in trouble. I agree he is cost cutting and this length if closure means he can stop paying salaries to the company.
of course! 🤦🏼‍♀️ i always forget just HOW much cameron owns or has a stake in theatre-wise.

cinderella is in big trouble imo if (as it appears) alw has made it his sacrificial lamb. it’s a shame as i do think (as much as i wasn’t a huge fan) there was the potential for a decent show there.

Reactions: 6
No show (business) that is selling well and earning money would be mad just to do a blanket close down unless forced. You don't turn away money unless you have to

Reactions: 13
Also frozen's audience are more likely to go maskless because they're so young and the parents may not cover up. The behaviour is not great during the show.

I'd thought it would be closed by now given how it was when I saw it back in November.

Reactions: 3
So I work in a theatre (not a London one) and all FOH staff (me) work on a zero hour contract as there is never guarantee on shows being on if that makes any sense?! For example, I wouldn’t be offered a 35 hour contract as there may be some weeks where there is only 1 show on. All of us who work FOH in the theatre I am in, have two jobs. The theatre one is just an extra one we all do for a bit of extra money (plus we get to see the show we are working on, most of the time too)

in regards to covid - none of us (including managers) have no idea what is going on and if we will even be going back to work after christmas to finish the panto run

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Besides Carrie will be too busy playing one of her previous roles again for the 100th time
She's too old to be Eponine. She's too young to be Madame T. Fantine is literally the only role she can go back to in Les Mis. Nobody wants her in Heathers again. After seeing the casting for the newer Adams tour, she's too old to be Wednesday. I don't think WOTW or Chitty are touring anytime soon so that leaves out Beth and Truly.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.