Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curio

Chatty Member
I just don’t agree that it’s transphobia. I don’t think you can change biological sex. I think women are discriminated against due to their biological sex and we need to protect the sex class that is female. Women need biological spaces that are set aside for them. Whether that be changing rooms, hostels, prisons, or sports. So - I have no problem with trans women and I don’t believe J.K. does either, but this does not make them biological women.

Plenty of trans women agree with this and actually believe trans activism is damaging their cause.

I don’t think J.K. is transphobic. She is standing up for the right for women to be named as such and for that class to include only biological women.

2020 is an odd and devastating year in so many ways, but the one thing I wouldn’t have predicted was women being called bigoted for not wanting to lose the ability to name themselves as a sex class. I went to the doctors this week for persistent anaemia relating to very heavy periods and the form asked what my sex assigned at birth was and what I identified as. If I could identify out of being a woman I wouldn’t be there practically wearing a nappy. So this thread being about Caroline Hirons? Yes it is, and how she answered a woman standing up for other women and at the very least politely and clearly and logically making her point with, and I quote, ‘get in the bin’.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 43

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Clarins gifting CH free hand care during the worst of times. WTAF are they gifting it to her for... she probably has thousand of product. Send a bloody basket of the stuff to a hospital not a bloody influencer. Very poor show Clarins.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

JessTxxx

Great, another ignorant and vain gen-z insta-teen, just what we need. Caroline is not gonna care though, I don't remember which podcast it was but I remember her saying she prefers the gen-z kids to millennials, so she probably co-signs these behaviors.
Don’t wanna be ‘that’ person but as someone relatively close in age to her daughter could we maybe refrain from bringing her into discussion. I’m a few years older but 18 is such a precarious age with self worth and self image and all that and if her daughter does happen to read here I’d hate to think how awful it could make her feel. Like yeah her Instagram is public but she’s not an influencer or a guru or anything she’s just a young adult following trends like all her mates are probably doing. Sorry, it doesn’t really feel fair to pick her apart. Like her mum def has many flaws but ya no the girls only 18

• Heart
Reactions: 31

rosemarina

VIP Member
Jesus, globally qualified! Even hotshot lawyers are usually only qualified in their own country. To think that Caroline is qualified to offer facials from Bel Air to Beirut; from Rapa Nui to Romford.

I feel that life has passed me by.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Hate to throw a dampener but I think CH’s sudden righteousness at these brands/companies is just a tactic to keep relevant through this disaster period. She had never (to my knowledge) given any previous time to the horrendous bullying in the industry that Estee Laundry have highlighted.

as a person she isn’t that interesting to keep her sycophants followers enthralled for weeKs, so she is making this her thing while she can’t sell you the snake oil. Think she (or any of them) will turn down a PR package or cheque from any of these brands after all this? Call me a cynic.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
What is so irritating with her (and Sali Hughes did it too) is that when they actually do reveal the botox use they act surprised that people are surprised. Sort of 'for god's sake you must be so naive to think I don't use it. I assumed you all knew. You think my skin is like this just through expensive creams 😂 😂😂 And by the way it is none of your business'.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

swipeup

VIP Member
Clarins gifting CH free hand care during the worst of times. WTAF are they gifting it to her for... she probably has thousand of product. Send a bloody basket of the stuff to a hospital not a bloody influencer. Very poor show Clarins.
And even poorer show for her putting it on Instagram. A fucking "care package" no less. Read the room Caroline. God forbid she might actually receive a freebie and not plaster it all over social media. What purpose does it serve to anyone at this time seeing Caroline Hirons getting a box of Clarins product? Just highlights yet again how this business all works.

I hope her DMs are blowing up over this. She needs to find someone more deserving to give this to because she sure as hell doesn't need it.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
as far as I'm concerned, saying she needs to get in the bin isn't any worse than some of the stuff you people have said about Caroline here, and I'm not even a fan. If we wanna talk "abuse", I can dig out some actual verbal abuse from just about every single thread on this forum, so let's not go there.
First of all, Tattle is a gossip site where we discuss influencers and so on. By posting here you are not directly contacting influencers. Unlike Twitter, a very public platform. Caroline, an influencer with a large social media following quote tweeted JK Rowling, when someone quote tweets you, you receive a notification. So, Caroline essentially contacted JK Rowling directly telling her to get in the bin. A woman who had already received vile abuse and death threats. And you're really downplaying the abuse that JKR has received directly. Even one death threat is not acceptable. Caroline's quote tweet would also have led some of her sheep like followers to post more to JKR.

So yeah I am absolutely disgusted by Caroline.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Libertine1975

VIP Member
So she criticised her a few months ago as well. Sounds like a vendetta to me. Dont forget shes not really a skincare influencer, she has her own brand with pixi, she has a book shes trying to plug, she is paid (well) by huge companies telling her to say good things about their products. She doesnt need to drag other people down to make herself look good. Also if she doesnt like products she is sent why jump on insta stories and be an ungrateful bitch about it. I just dont like her i think shes horrible.
You don't have to like Caroline but I thought Tattle was about calling out influencers for their shady behaviour, Susan Yara acted illegally and lied to her followers. Caroline is in the same circle as Susan therefore could be tarnished by association even if they dont actually know each other.

Caroline does know James Welsh who I really enjoy watching and I think he is generally unproblematic. Susan brought him and other influencers into the drama with her video which does raise questions about his integrity and opens him up to criticism which is unfair.

Caroline doesn't have a brand with Pixi, she developed one product with them (they collaborate with several influencers every year bringing out limited edition products) however as her product is a best seller so that's why it's been kept on the shelves.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Just seen it's on her insta page now, not just in the stories. My bad. Still, calling it "baby botox"...bollocks.

The lashes still give me nightmares.
WTF is with this baby botox, weak dilute, just a smidge language. Botox is botox. If you're going to have it and be upfront about it, own it

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I am strongly uncomfortable with her daughter being called a tart. That’s a no.

Caroline is very preachy and shouty about how other people behave and it doesn’t seem like her daughter is observing social distancing there, but frankly after the Cummings shit show a lot of people will have sacked it off. It’s a horrible, confusing time for a lot of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Blunderous

Of course it's disappointing to find out that someone who promotes skincare is using expensive injections to get the results they have!

It's not shocking that an individual gets work done, that's her choice, but to carry on talking about results from skincare for a whole year after getting injections is unethical, and it's disingenuous to claim otherwise. It is her follower's business, because they're her business - the ones she's trying to sell to.

(I wasn't shocked, I must say; it was pretty obvious. But I can understand why someone would be)

• Heart

Leslie Nope

I have to say her approach in the past few days with regards to BLM movement has been impressive. She has always been quite vocal but these past few days she’s been sharing so much anti racism stuff. She’s just been on live and said all the profits for her double cleanse for 2020 and her the profits for her summer kits will be going to BLM. Her and her team have been keeping track of who in the beauty industry have done it said something about the situation and will be putting those who haven’t on blast. She’s taking part in Blackout Tuesday. That’s how you do it. Not a shitty copy paste statement (I’m looking at you, Mrs Hinch).

• Heart
Sorry, but Susan never denied the brand was hers LOL so I don't think she lied. If anyone wanted they could have easily found out by doing a bit more search because her name for sure had to be somewhere. The only thing she lied about was the discount codes, but I feel that is the least of our problems now.

I also understand why she didn't announce it (and frankly, she didn't have to), I understand wanting to see the feedback of the people without having to "influence" them into buying.
The formulation of the products is really good and no matter what Caroline or what everyone says no one can take that away from the brand. The products are nice, good formulation, and imo I don't need to know who is behind the brand, just like I don't care who is behind everybrand. If the products work, why do we have to fucking know every single person?! Not every product will work for everyone, ofc, but that's a given...

And about the eye cream, in one of her videos she says we don't need to use, but that if we like it, and want, then go ahead, and she even admits she uses one herself, even though she knows she doesn't need. she did plenty of skincare routine videos in the past and she never said it's wrong etc, she just said it's not going to do much, but as long as you like it.

Caroline once again is dramatizing, because that's what everyone in the beauty industry does. Creating scandals out of nothing, just to keep the masses distracted. Who the fuck cares anymore? ffs this is why I don't like her and always regret watching her IG and YT ... she is a hysterical woman and frankly, I am tired of her.
Actually, she did deny it. She didn't just not mention that she was the owner of the brand, she lied about it. If you read some of the screencaps from her facebook group, she promoted the brand as someone else's and claimed she received the products from a PR package, and that she could "try to get a discount code" if people wanted to try the products bc she really liked them. That's the part that bothered people, she didn't just forget to mention, she intentionally lied.

Also, this is not about the products, I don't know why you're making it sounds like people are attacking the products, it's about integrity and ethics. She can't do the wrong thing and be excused of it just bc she put out products some people like. If you want to enjoy the products and ignore the ethics, feel free, but you can't tell others to not care, if they so choose to care. Caroline was not the only one nor was she the first to rage over this situation. All this attempted justification for Sara Yara's unethical and quite frankly, illegal behaviour? Not cute, especially when some of these people defending her got mad at other influencers like Sali Hughes for much less. The hypocrisy is pretty staggering.

Last edited:
  • Wow

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
She’s a Saleswoman first and foremost ; dressed up as a ‘Consultant to the Industry’ but flogs skincare products on behalf of companies who like her social media personality.

She uses medical skincare intervention because she knows the creams don’t work.

She’s a saleswoman with a big gob.

• Heart
  • Haha

flamflim

I know! This "training in brands" is such horseshit. You went to see their sales pitch and got to play with the product. Maybe you got to slather it on some poor underpaid souls. Now you act like your a consultant dermatologist. A while back there was an excellent twitter account challenging her. They clearly had greater knowledge than her. Probably a trainee dermatologist or the like. This person was of course accused of being a troll and IIRC there was talk of "friends in IT" tracking them down by IP address. Sound familiar..?

• Sad
  • Heart

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I can't believe people follow her for skin advice because her skin is so saggy. She's botoxed to the max judging by the Ming the Merciless brows, her cheeks are like a chipmunk from filler. Her face would collapse without injectables. Is she really a good advert for the benefits of skincare, or are people just bamboozled by her shouting at them?

(I know I'm being a complete bitch, but in Hirons-speak this is merely 'telling it like it is').

• Haha