Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve no issues with CH pointing the situation out or talking about it. It’s the raging on Instagram live for half an hour, like jeez calm down. It’s possible to talk passionately about something without shouting and ranting! I think she just enjoys having the comments on and people telling her how great she is.

Reactions: 8
Completely agree re Susan.
I persevered and am half way trough (why I'm doing this, don't know, self-loathing?). I just don't see what Susan being "glamorous" has to do with anything, or how this will make all women look bad? And why is she mentioning Brandon and how he would react when he his name was almost taboo before he died?

Reactions: 6
I have no idea who Susan Yara is or the drama surrounding that but I’m shocked at Huron’s face.
All the angles! Weird puckered mouth. Is it filler?? Her cheeks just look bizarre and remind me of Crichton from Red Dwarf.
D48391BD-CB58-4F1A-AD91-3AECC3BEE29D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have no idea who Susan Yara is or the drama surrounding that but I’m shocked at Huron’s face.
All the angles! Weird puckered mouth. Is it filler?? Her cheeks just look bizarre and remind me of Crichton from Red Dwarf. View attachment 160606
If you look at her in her old vlogs, she looks like a completely different person. She’s just one big fat contradiction

Reactions: 1
Caroline is probably quaking in her boots that this Susan Yara scandal will affect her own inevitable skincare launch. She's absolutely right for calling Susan out. If big influencers start getting away with not disclosing the brands they're working with or FOUNDERS of, it completely ruins an already questionable industry.
Say what you like about Caroline, but she has a good sense of ethics and would never end up embroiled in a tit show like Susan has created! Jeeeeesus. What was she THINKING?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve no issues with CH pointing the situation out or talking about it. It’s the raging on Instagram live for half an hour, like jeez calm down. It’s possible to talk passionately about something without shouting and ranting! I think she just enjoys having the comments on and people telling her how great she is.
I personally believe she has a mental health condition. Its just all too much.

Say what you like about Caroline, but she has a good sense of ethics and would never end up embroiled in a tit show like Susan has created! Jeeeeesus. What was she THINKING?!
Dont be fooled ! Shes in it to make $$$

I bounce back and forth from watching Caroline but after tonight’s live I completely agree with her! What Susan Yara did by not disclosing she is the FOUNDER of a brand she’s been hyping up for months is borderline illegal, and it has put me off not only Susan herself, but the Naturium Brand. Slate Caroline for her looks, her kits, whatever - but she has ethics and a moral compass which I admire a heck of a lot more than many other influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I bounce back and forth from watching Caroline but after tonight’s live I completely agree with her! What Susan Yara did by not disclosing she is the FOUNDER of a brand she’s been hyping up for months is borderline illegal, and it has put me off not only Susan herself, but the Naturium Brand. Slate Caroline for her looks, her kits, whatever - but she has ethics and a moral compass which I admire a heck of a lot more than many other influencers.
Why did she need to address it tho? Why does she have a soap box for everyone and everything? She wants to drag people down in my opinion. She could have stayed silent..its nothing to do with her ! Ive never heard of susan yara....i have now!

• Haha
I wouldn't say she's got "good ethics" whatsoever. She's just greedy. She slags off a product one week then loves it the next when she's being paid to say it.

• Haha
Why did she need to address it tho? Why does she have a soap box for everyone and everything? She wants to drag people down in my opinion. She could have stayed silent..its nothing to do with her ! Ive never heard of susan yara....i have now!
Exactly. Who the hell is she? I’ve watched beauty vloggers for years and never heard the name. She was manic, swearing and carrying in. Made a holy show of herself. She’ll find another cause tomorrow.

Reactions: 7
I dip in and out of Caroline’s content but went looking for this Susan Yara IGTV and WHAT ON EARTH HAS HAPPENED TO HER FACE? I am truly shook...

Reactions: 1
I wouldn't say she's got "good ethics" whatsoever. She's just greedy. She slags off a product one week then loves it the next when she's being paid to say it.
She’ll be finished by next year. Burnt out!

She’s made her famous 🤣 backfired Caroline

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I disagree, I think she had every right to discuss it. She is a skincare influencer, this is a skincare brand, if she hadn't discussed it she would have been criticised for not mentioning it.

Also, she mentioned the brand a few months ago, she criticised their clean, non toxic, marketing. They sent her product to try and said they were going to change their marketing because their took her points on board.

I watch a lot of beauty content and I have heard of Susan Yara in passing but I've never sought her out. James Welsh and Hyram I think have both mentioned her in videos before. I think Susan is probably better known in the US and Caroline I believe has a large audience over there who would have been messaging her about the situation.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s made her famous 🤣 backfired Caroline
She didn't make anyone famous, Susan Yara is MAJOR in the states (at least in the online skincare community), she has 1.26M followers on youtube (Caroline has 232K). Susan Yara's routine video for Harper's Bazaar is also one of the most watched non-celebrity videos on that channel.

The Susan Yara brand thing is just a hot boo boo mess. You'd think for someone that has a lawyer husband, she would know if she's breaking the law? Then I went to check on the products, they couldn't be any more boring. The whole brand consists of a few low-concentration vit c, retinol and niacinamide products and basic cleansers and creams, the same filler products that have saturated the market in the past 5 years. Then I went on her business partner's page, and that man has quite possibly one of the most over-filled faces I've ever seen. A MESS!

• Heart
I can't stand her she has such a tit attuide and is just a down right nasty rude women, think she knows it all and everybody else is wrong

Reactions: 4
I disagree, I think she had every right to discuss it. She is a skincare influencer, this is a skincare brand, if she hadn't discussed it she would have been criticised for not mentioning it.

Also, she mentioned the brand a few months ago, she criticised their clean, non toxic, marketing. They sent her product to try and said they were going to change their marketing because their took her points on board.

I watch a lot of beauty content and I have heard of Susan Yara in passing but I've never sought her out. James Welsh and Hyram I think have both mentioned her in videos before. I think Susan is probably better known in the US and Caroline I believe has a large audience over there who would have been messaging her about the situation.
So she criticised her a few months ago as well. Sounds like a vendetta to me. Dont forget shes not really a skincare influencer, she has her own brand with pixi, she has a book shes trying to plug, she is paid (well) by huge companies telling her to say good things about their products. She doesnt need to drag other people down to make herself look good. Also if she doesnt like products she is sent why jump on insta stories and be an ungrateful witch about it. I just dont like her i think shes horrible.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I mean we can all agree the Susan Yara thing is a hot mess and from what we know, unethical as well as a advertising rule breach (in the USA).

If Caroline wants to talk about it, fine. It might be something you include in another video to say I’ve seen the situation and here’s what I think. But launching an ad hoc insta live to rant about the situation which does not affect CH at all does seem pretty opportunistic. Like why does it require so much of her energy to rant and swear? She says it makes the influencer industry look bad. LMAO. Sorry but the industry is already rotten, the Susan Yara thing is just another example of shady behaviour and kick backs, non disclosure, affiliate links etc.

CH came over as judge and jury in that insta live, bragging she’d got receipts and telling the whole yarn. Why not just mention some initial thoughts on the situation and see what happens with the US regulator? I’m tired of all this rage and anger towards everything and everyone. It just smacks of whipping up a mob to go and leave hate on another influencers page, then sit back wide eyed and go OMG can’t believe everyone’s so angry about this. It’s quite deliberate antagonistic behaviour. And again, you dont know what the consequences are. People end their lives over being dragged online. That’s why I’m saying, talk about the situation and your opinion but you can do it in a calm and respectful manner which avoids stirring up a mob of idiots.

• Heart
So she criticised her a few months ago as well. Sounds like a vendetta to me. Dont forget shes not really a skincare influencer, she has her own brand with pixi, she has a book shes trying to plug, she is paid (well) by huge companies telling her to say good things about their products. She doesnt need to drag other people down to make herself look good. Also if she doesnt like products she is sent why jump on insta stories and be an ungrateful witch about it. I just dont like her i think shes horrible.
You don't have to like Caroline but I thought Tattle was about calling out influencers for their shady behaviour, Susan Yara acted illegally and lied to her followers. Caroline is in the same circle as Susan therefore could be tarnished by association even if they dont actually know each other.

Caroline does know James Welsh who I really enjoy watching and I think he is generally unproblematic. Susan brought him and other influencers into the drama with her video which does raise questions about his integrity and opens him up to criticism which is unfair.

Caroline doesn't have a brand with Pixi, she developed one product with them (they collaborate with several influencers every year bringing out limited edition products) however as her product is a best seller so that's why it's been kept on the shelves.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.