Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who remembers rhat Irish guy who was making skincare videos on YT, CH endorsed him and he was giving skin consultations over Skype ans he got exppsed forselling PR products on ebay and trashinf products he recommended to ppl during their consultations

Thars when I stopped with this bull and the ppl she endorses

Reactions: 7
The “skincare activist” label she’s made for herself (that mainstream media is now picking up) is vile and ridiculous.

The only activism she does is ultimately to line her own pockets and boost her ego.

And it is an insult to activists around the world who forgo everything personal (income, security, relationships etc) to further the causes they believe in.

Reactions: 15
he got exppsed forselling PR products on ebay and
It's really interesting how this is seen as the most terrible thing possible - how dare individuals sell what we've given them for free! Outrage! Disgraceful!

I think it's because if this was done openly it would show how few of these products are actually used by influencers, and how few are 'life changing' yada yada.

Really, it makes sense to flog them on...

And it is an insult to activists around the world who forgo everything personal (income, security, relationships etc) to further the causes they believe in.
Heartily agree with this.

Skincare activist: fighting to ensure women stop using foaming cleanser. Fighting for the right of every woman to spend more on skincare than her rent. Fighting for equal access to French pharmacy brands. Who's with me comrades? Let's fight for our right to make fatbergs and landfill! Remember, punch down or pity!

I think that's what we call white middle class feminist first world problems...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@SqualorVictoria I certainly agree with what you’re saying. The PR agencies that are involved - CH’s, Space NK’s and the brands included in the box will have signed off who the freebies were sent to and I definitely think there’s a case ‘you’re in my gang’ so regardless of reach they would get the sample / gift. Should have been a bit clearer, my point was a more general one about the reason why there seems to be a blanket approach to sending gifts to influencers - it’s to ensure coverage and engagement. Also there’s sometimes an approach to seeding products that makes the product more desirable if it’s sold out.

The budgets are significant but I doubt they are much different (as a percentage of revenue) than they were when it was all above the line old school advertising as influencer marketing has historically been a bit cheaper (although I am certain that’s no the case anymore).

For a prime spot in Selfridges beauty hall at Christmas they charge 10’s of thousands to be front of store so the money being spent is still huge in other areas too.

Not sticking up for the influencers at all, I’m just trying to look at other aspects.
You're spot on but it sickens me that influencers get to sit on the gravy train and get free stuff while the pleb on the street subsidises it. The whole influencer culture is capitalism gone crazy

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Who remembers rhat Irish guy who was making skincare videos on YT, CH endorsed him and he was giving skin consultations over Skype ans he got exppsed forselling PR products on ebay and trashinf products he recommended to ppl during their consultations

Thars when I stopped with this bull and the ppl she endorses
I had no idea about this. That’s really bad!

Reactions: 1
How TF is she qualified? She isnt a dermatologist, she hasnt gone to medical school, shes not even a qualified aesthetician for gods sake!
It’s embarrassing... she is trained in beauty brands and beauty treatments, whilst there is nothing wrong with that it does not mean qualified as most people understand the word. I noted a Dr has complained to JW as well. Caroline has the gift of the gab and her no nonsense (aka rude) delivery appeals to some. Problem is it’s all smoke and mirrors

Superb. Goodnight Caroline.

And it’s not an accident she’s talking about menopause. Menopause related products and haircare have been named as two big growth areas for the beauty industry going forward as general skincare and makeup slows down. You can bet your bottom dollar the influencers know this. Given her age Caroline is probably working hard to position herself as some sort of pseudo menopause expert with lived experience as her USP.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
CH would be an idiot to try and pick a fight with Captain Sci - she's fiercely intelligent and would not give a tit about CH or her cronies. Any blue-tick friends coming to support Caroline 🧐

Reactions: 9
That stupid list of 'qualifications' ("I'm internationally insured" = travel insurance? Cos if that's the case, can I be a qualified shiller too?) is embarrassing, but the fact she's proudly pointing it out shows how thick she is...

Glad she's being called out. Ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s quite embarrassing to read what she thinks “qualified” is. Cringe.

@PineappleQueen19 you’re absolutely right, she’ll be all over that. No doubt already “consulting with” brands.

Reactions: 3
go captain science! we need more of this. hirons is making hay (££) in a post truth world where saying she has qualifications makes it so, and many don't bother to check. i despair.

CH tweeting a a doctor who says it needs to be regulated 'this is the topic I get askrd about a lot' is really baffling and concerning. I get asked a lot at work, but am I gonna ask the chef to teaxh me more about analysis or audits? NO! I will go to someone who has that knowledged and experience

Im starting to think CH has some sort of learning disability because she doesnt make sense at all

Reactions: 6
I think it’s more that she’s got the sort of unjustified self confidence that we normally associate with white men 😀.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s good to see CH’s advice being challenged by a medically trained person who she can’t shout down.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone know how Nadine Baggot compares to CH? Qualifications etc. I know she’s represented by Gleam and has been on the Jo Good (also represented by Gleam) radio programme including yesterday. She’s also had Jo Good in her YouTube channel. It’s all so incentuous

Does anyone know how Nadine Baggot compares to CH? Qualifications etc. I know she’s represented by Gleam and has been on the Jo Good (also represented by Gleam) radio programme including yesterday. She’s also had Jo Good in her YouTube channel. It’s all so incentuous
I think she has a science degree from what I remember, I watched her couple of her videos and she mentioned it in one and thats why she likes looking into ingredients and what they do, efficacies, research, etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.