Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, if your best response is telling somebody to get in the bin, I doubt there’s a follow up that includes compassion. This whole #nodebate thing fits in perfectly with her normal MO though, so hardly surprising.

Reactions: 5
The only opinion that matters to Caroline is hers , everybody else is wrong regardless of the subject and of course she knows everything about everything!

🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
D7F011A2-243B-42B4-BD59-B9A37146C98F.png

Posting this on here before it gets deleted from the ‘skincare freaks’ Facebook group lol

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Was deleted too soon annoyingly! There was only a couple of comments from some of the minions saying ‘cya then’ seems lady H just deletes anyone with opposing views🙄

• Sick
  • Sad
I’m torn about CH. On the one hand I like the fact she’s older, has more experience, isn’t afraid to speak her mind etc. However reading this thread has opened my eyes to the fact that essentially, she is an influencer, same as the rest of them.
I often wonder why she doesn’t mention certain brands. No 7 for example! That is a brand that many many women have access to yet there seems to be no talk of it. It’s odd.
Her work on Black Lives Matter has been good compared to a lot of the online influencers in the beauty industry, yet there’s still so much hypocrisy. There seems to be no room for discussion on topics raised by JK Rowling - I can see both sides, but it’s not a simple ‘topic’ it’s complex and needs understanding from both viewpoints - something CH lacks.

On a more menial point, it did make me laugh when she complained of having stomach issues recently and was laid up in bed. Yet later ordered a Nando’s and then complained that was a bad idea. No tit! If you’ve got stomach issues, a Nando’s takeaway is hardly the antidote!

Reactions: 12
Because she's a vile horrid person that calls anyone a "salad" for disagreeing with anything she says. I'd love to see what she's like in person when having a debate with someone. Would she turn to insulting someone because she's ran out of anything intellectual to say? She's a bit thick.

Reactions: 8
She won’t debate, she talks/ shouts at people and isn’t really interested in their opinion unless it supports what she has already stated.

An example of this behaviour is when she stated, quite categorically, that Michael Hutchence was the best front man of a band *ever* and she said ‘don’t @ me, I’m right , no discussion’. He was hugely charismatic no doubt but no one loves music more than CH🙄 so a differing opinion is worthless and pointless to her .

She could learn the art of saying nothing, the JK Rowling issue regarding Transphobia for example but she just can’t help but throw that booming voice and gurning expression into any heated discussion she can sniff out.

Oaf suits her personality to a tee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Isn't she just. I can't believe I used to buy something if she had recommended it. I'm now convinced she probably hasn't even taking the liberty of actually trying half the stuff she recommends

Reactions: 7
I often wonder why she doesn’t mention certain brands. No 7 for example! That is a brand that many many women have access to yet there seems to be no talk of it. It’s odd.
I guess it's cause they don't pay her. See the Drunk Elephant tweet above.

Used to read her blog but when I moved on to watching her content I just found her arrogant and rude. She was always flogging the PIxi range when I watched her and I felt her views and opinions were bias. Also, at the time I didn't think her skin was great she was very jowly. I know she has admitted to having botox since. Haven't looked at her content in a while but the screenshots above from her channels etc I'm glad I've stayed away.

Reactions: 6
Used to read her blog but when I moved on to watching her content I just found her arrogant and rude. She was always flogging the PIxi range when I watched her and I felt her views and opinions were bias. Also, at the time I didn't think her skin was great she was very jowly. I know she has admitted to having botox since. Haven't looked at her content in a while but the screenshots above from her channels etc I'm glad I've stayed away.
Her face looks even worse now. Her cheeks look like they're filled with concrete and her botox is awful, her face is frozen. She says it is "baby" botox but it isn't. She should find a new derm/plastic surgeon.

Reactions: 4
I do credit Caroline for me starting to take care of my skin, as some years ago I had managed to ruin my combo skin, it was dry and patchy. She more or less got me into paying attention to it. And as a newbie I was lapping up everything on the blog. The conversion to videos came after one of her announcements that she is starting to partner with brands. Thats when we started getting treated to vlogs, insta, the famous FB group. And boxes upon boxes. I understand the business side of it, but the advice is still very much the same, nothing new, no interesting new ingredient. But a lot of opinions, some i agree with, some i disagree, but always preached from the top of the mountain. Got tired of it. She will always get people new to skincare to feed her FB group, and people will get leave 1 year later with a huge stack to use up. It works for her.

Reactions: 3
Oh look, yet another example of Caroline changing her tune just because she had a spat with the brand or they're no longer paying her or both.

And no skincare should be "credit carded", Caroline.
Yet there was an option for people to buy her "kits" on finance. Good one. :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Exactly this. Whatever your thoughts on the matter are, it's hardly a carefully considered response. It's oafish and especially from a "feminist" like Caroline. She could use her considerable platform/ blog to write a critical piece on her thoughts, but instead she just posts an immature response kicking a woman who has already been subject to horrific abuse. It's far too complex to just say "get in the bin"
Caroline Hirons is a bully, pure and simple. I'm disgusted at her attitude to JKR, it's utterly hateful. I find Caroline repulsive on so many levels and quite why anyone takes beauty advice from someone who resembles an overstuffed Spitting Image puppet is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.