Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If that mug says ā€˜flights, fannies and festivalsā€™ in ANY order I donā€™t want to live on this planet anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"Get in the bin". Such nuance from Caroline, as ever. Great contribution to the discussion, Caroline
What's there to discuss? J.K. Rowling has repeatedly made ignorant remarks on the trans community through the years and is still trying to justify them. I'm not here for cancel culture but I'm team Caroline on this, J.K. Rowling is too grown to not know better, she's a bigot, the end.

• Heart
Have you read J.K. Rowlingā€™s blog post today? I agree with J.K. But regardless, I donā€™t think sheā€™s going to lose sleep over Carolineā€™s carefully considered response.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What's there to discuss? J.K. Rowling has repeatedly made ignorant remarks on the trans community through the years and is still trying to justify them. I'm not here for cancel culture but I'm team Caroline on this, J.K. Rowling is too grown to not know better, she's a bigot, the end.
I find it astonishing that an issue with this much emotion on both sides strikes you as being unworthy of discussion.

Am really concerned that in the end all causes lose with this sort of attitude. Surely the one thing we can all agree on is that resolution is reached with information, consideration, kindness and open mindedness?

FWIW I am following this topic with interest and I havenā€™t made my mind up where I stand. The thing I know is that reactive vitriol doesnā€™t lead to good outcomes.

Reactions: 17
Exactly. Kicking another woman, I.e telling her to get in the bin is thuggish and oafish. But who would expect any less from Caroline? Zero class whatsoever

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree with what you're saying but Caroline could contribute something more intellectual to the conversation other than "get in the bin". She's made some great content with BLM so why not continue on and add something better? Get in the bin is what I'd expect her daughter to contribute, not a grown woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I agree with what you're saying but Caroline could contribute something more intellectual to the conversation other than "get in the bin". She's made some great content with BLM so why not continue on and add something better? Get in the bin is what I'd expect her daughter to contribute, not a grown woman.
Exactly this. Whatever your thoughts on the matter are, it's hardly a carefully considered response. It's oafish and especially from a "feminist" like Caroline. She could use her considerable platform/ blog to write a critical piece on her thoughts, but instead she just posts an immature response kicking a woman who has already been subject to horrific abuse. It's far too complex to just say "get in the bin"

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure if some of you know about the extensive, and I mean EXTENSIVE history of J.K. Rowling's transphobic remarks. People have BEEN educating and discussing, there isn't anything needs to be said that hasn't been said to her. At some point you just have to see it for what it is, the energy is better spent advocating to those that are worth advocating to.

Not everything is "abuse", transphobia is a form of bigotry, and we denounce bigotry, plain and simple. Doesn't mean she deserves to receive death threats, but the overreaction of some doesn't excuse her from her ignorance, as far as I'm concerned, saying she needs to get in the bin isn't any worse than some of the stuff you people have said about Caroline here, and I'm not even a fan. If we wanna talk "abuse", I can dig out some actual verbal abuse from just about every single thread on this forum, so let's not go there.

I'm not gonna say anything more on this, some of you are clearly upset because you agree with J.K. Rowling, and I'm really not in the head space to be in a debate right now. This thread is about Caroline and my comments from now on will reflect that. Happy Pride Month!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I just donā€™t agree that itā€™s transphobia. I donā€™t think you can change biological sex. I think women are discriminated against due to their biological sex and we need to protect the sex class that is female. Women need biological spaces that are set aside for them. Whether that be changing rooms, hostels, prisons, or sports. So - I have no problem with trans women and I donā€™t believe J.K. does either, but this does not make them biological women.

Plenty of trans women agree with this and actually believe trans activism is damaging their cause.

I donā€™t think J.K. is transphobic. She is standing up for the right for women to be named as such and for that class to include only biological women.

2020 is an odd and devastating year in so many ways, but the one thing I wouldnā€™t have predicted was women being called bigoted for not wanting to lose the ability to name themselves as a sex class. I went to the doctors this week for persistent anaemia relating to very heavy periods and the form asked what my sex assigned at birth was and what I identified as. If I could identify out of being a woman I wouldnā€™t be there practically wearing a nappy. So this thread being about Caroline Hirons? Yes it is, and how she answered a woman standing up for other women and at the very least politely and clearly and logically making her point with, and I quote, ā€˜get in the binā€™.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
as far as I'm concerned, saying she needs to get in the bin isn't any worse than some of the stuff you people have said about Caroline here, and I'm not even a fan. If we wanna talk "abuse", I can dig out some actual verbal abuse from just about every single thread on this forum, so let's not go there.
First of all, Tattle is a gossip site where we discuss influencers and so on. By posting here you are not directly contacting influencers. Unlike Twitter, a very public platform. Caroline, an influencer with a large social media following quote tweeted JK Rowling, when someone quote tweets you, you receive a notification. So, Caroline essentially contacted JK Rowling directly telling her to get in the bin. A woman who had already received vile abuse and death threats. And you're really downplaying the abuse that JKR has received directly. Even one death threat is not acceptable. Caroline's quote tweet would also have led some of her sheep like followers to post more to JKR.

So yeah I am absolutely disgusted by Caroline.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@rileysbunny there is a gender thread which is quite active at the moment. Iā€™d be interested if youā€™d expand on this a little bit over there. In particular, Iā€™d like to know about the extensive transphobia you describe. Hope to see you there!

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure if some of you know about the extensive, and I mean EXTENSIVE history of J.K. Rowling's transphobic remarks. People have BEEN educating and discussing, there isn't anything needs to be said that hasn't been said to her. At some point you just have to see it for what it is, the energy is better spent advocating to those that are worth advocating to.

Not everything is "abuse", transphobia is a form of bigotry, and we denounce bigotry, plain and simple. Doesn't mean she deserves to receive death threats, but the overreaction of some doesn't excuse her from her ignorance, as far as I'm concerned, saying she needs to get in the bin isn't any worse than some of the stuff you people have said about Caroline here, and I'm not even a fan. If we wanna talk "abuse", I can dig out some actual verbal abuse from just about every single thread on this forum, so let's not go there.

I'm not gonna say anything more on this, some of you are clearly upset because you agree with J.K. Rowling, and I'm really not in the head space to be in a debate right now. This thread is about Caroline and my comments from now on will reflect that. Happy Pride Month!
I do know the extent of JKā€™s behaviour and Iā€™m still going to say ā€œget in the binā€ is a childish, uneducated response.

Caroline who has always been vehemently against ageism has now brought age into it

And being called a hysterical creature? Yay, you're really on the side of feminism clearly!
If thereā€™s anything we do know itā€™s that Caroline is a massive hypocrite. Take the Dermologica thing. Sheā€™s said numerous times she doesnā€™t like it then out pops a sponsored post claiming itā€™s amazing. Anything to jump on the bandwagon with Cazza.

Reactions: 3
In the light of JK Rowling's appalling treatment at the hands of The Sun has the oaf Hirons had anything to say about it?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.