Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, but Susan never denied the brand was hers LOL so I don't think she lied. If anyone wanted they could have easily found out by doing a bit more search because her name for sure had to be somewhere. The only thing she lied about was the discount codes, but I feel that is the least of our problems now.

I also understand why she didn't announce it (and frankly, she didn't have to), I understand wanting to see the feedback of the people without having to "influence" them into buying.
The formulation of the products is really good and no matter what Caroline or what everyone says no one can take that away from the brand. The products are nice, good formulation, and imo I don't need to know who is behind the brand, just like I don't care who is behind everybrand. If the products work, why do we have to bleeping know every single person?! Not every product will work for everyone, ofc, but that's a given...

And about the eye cream, in one of her videos she says we don't need to use, but that if we like it, and want, then go ahead, and she even admits she uses one herself, even though she knows she doesn't need. she did plenty of skincare routine videos in the past and she never said it's wrong etc, she just said it's not going to do much, but as long as you like it.

Caroline once again is dramatizing, because that's what everyone in the beauty industry does. Creating scandals out of nothing, just to keep the masses distracted. Who the duck cares anymore? ffs this is why I don't like her and always regret watching her IG and YT ... she is a hysterical woman and frankly, I am tired of her.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Sorry, but Susan never denied the brand was hers LOL so I don't think she lied. If anyone wanted they could have easily found out by doing a bit more search because her name for sure had to be somewhere. The only thing she lied about was the discount codes, but I feel that is the least of our problems now.

I also understand why she didn't announce it (and frankly, she didn't have to), I understand wanting to see the feedback of the people without having to "influence" them into buying.
The formulation of the products is really good and no matter what Caroline or what everyone says no one can take that away from the brand. The products are nice, good formulation, and imo I don't need to know who is behind the brand, just like I don't care who is behind everybrand. If the products work, why do we have to bleeping know every single person?! Not every product will work for everyone, ofc, but that's a given...

And about the eye cream, in one of her videos she says we don't need to use, but that if we like it, and want, then go ahead, and she even admits she uses one herself, even though she knows she doesn't need. she did plenty of skincare routine videos in the past and she never said it's wrong etc, she just said it's not going to do much, but as long as you like it.

Caroline once again is dramatizing, because that's what everyone in the beauty industry does. Creating scandals out of nothing, just to keep the masses distracted. Who the duck cares anymore? ffs this is why I don't like her and always regret watching her IG and YT ... she is a hysterical woman and frankly, I am tired of her.
Actually, she did deny it. She didn't just not mention that she was the owner of the brand, she lied about it. If you read some of the screencaps from her facebook group, she promoted the brand as someone else's and claimed she received the products from a PR package, and that she could "try to get a discount code" if people wanted to try the products bc she really liked them. That's the part that bothered people, she didn't just forget to mention, she intentionally lied.

Also, this is not about the products, I don't know why you're making it sounds like people are attacking the products, it's about integrity and ethics. She can't do the wrong thing and be excused of it just bc she put out products some people like. If you want to enjoy the products and ignore the ethics, feel free, but you can't tell others to not care, if they so choose to care. Caroline was not the only one nor was she the first to rage over this situation. All this attempted justification for Sara Yara's unethical and quite frankly, illegal behaviour? Not cute, especially when some of these people defending her got mad at other influencers like Sali Hughes for much less. The hypocrisy is pretty staggering.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Actually, she did deny it. She didn't just not mention that she was the owner of the brand, she lied about it. If you read some of the screencaps from her facebook group, she promoted the brand as someone else's and claimed she received the products from a PR package, and that she could "try to get a discount code" if people wanted to try the products bc she really liked them. That's the part that bothered people, she didn't just forget to mention, she intentionally lied.

Also, this is not about the products, I don't know why you're making it sounds like people are attacking the products, it's about integrity and ethics. She can't do the wrong thing and be excused of it just bc she put out products some people like. If you want to enjoy the products and ignore the ethics, feel free, but you can't tell others to not care, if they so choose to care. Caroline was not the only one nor was she the first to rage over this situation. All this attempted justification for Sara Yara's unethical and quite frankly, illegal behaviour? Not cute, especially when some of these people defending her got mad at other influencers like Sali Hughes for much less. The hypocrisy is pretty staggering.
I only knew about the IG discount code, I don't know about the facebook group thing...
But regardless, I feel like the way Caroline filmed the video etc was not the way to go. Super hysterical and frankly out of proportion. just like the beauty industry and its followers always do.

• Angry
I didn't watch the whole thing Caroline did (can't really listen to her voice for more than 20 minutes), but the parts I did see, she was right. Is she annoying? Yes, but being annoying isn't illegal, and you can choose not to watch and listen. Committing FTC violations however, is illegal, and Susan Yara's followers didn't have a choice to not be deceived.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I didn't watch the whole thing Caroline did (can't really listen to her voice for more than 20 minutes), but the parts I did see, she was right. Is she annoying? Yes, but being annoying isn't illegal, and you can choose not to watch and listen. Committing FTC violations however, is illegal, and Susan Yara's followers didn't have a choice to not be deceived.
I also didn't listen to the whole thing!! It's like 40min of my life I will never get back

I’m not sure if anyone here listens to The Emma Guns Show podcast, but Caroline was on the most recent episode. She has been on there a few times and they are industry friends. I was really interested to hear this interview because Caroline, although her usual self in that she is opinionated, outspoken etc, seemed very down and depressed. I think the book launch is taking its’ toll on her. Towards the end of the interview, Caroline started ranting about how she is fed up of people prefacing her podcast and video interviews with “bear in mind there might be some strong language” and so on forth. She said that she felt that they were trying to excuse her behaviour and shame her. Emma said some nice things back to her and Caroline got a bit teary.

I find some of Caroline’s views abrasive. I don’t think that any influencer is perfect, but I have started taking better care of my skin because of her. I would never be stupid enough to buy Drunk Elephant just because she recommended it for example. The arrogance of that brand puts me right off!
That’s really interesting. I had to stop listening to the Emma Guns podcast because of that habit she has when she’s speaking whereby she pauses, then audibly swallows some saliva. Once I’d noticed that, it was all over for me and that podcast.

I suspect Caroline really expected that releasing her book would be very different to how it’s turned out under lockdown. There would have been a lot of parties and appearances, and she thrives on that sort of attention.

(By the way, I really like several Drunk Elephant products, and have bought them on repeat for a few years now

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is it coincidental that this online frenzy of righteous indignation over Susan Yara coincides with the pre-publicity for her book launch? 🧐

• Wow
Reactions: 10
That’s really interesting. I had to stop listening to the Emma Guns podcast because of that habit she has when she’s speaking whereby she pauses, then audibly swallows some saliva. Once I’d noticed that, it was all over for me and that podcast.

I suspect Caroline really expected that releasing her book would be very different to how it’s turned out under lockdown. There would have been a lot of parties and appearances, and she thrives on that sort of attention.

(By the way, I really like several Drunk Elephant products, and have bought them on repeat for a few years now
She is gutted that she can’t sweep around the country pleasing her adoring freaks. Hahahaha fantastic!! Couldn’t happen to a nicer gobshite

• Haha
I'm completely stumped by some of the people on this thread re the Susan Yara situation.

No, I'm not Caroline, I'm not saying you have to like Caroline but what she has said about the Susan Yara situation was fair. Susan has acted terribly with this situation and if Caroline or any other influencer with a thread on here did similar they would be crucified by Tattle. I'm flummoxed that on a site where shady behaviour is called out someone gets criticised for using their platform to do the same.

I'd be interested to if anyone else has made content discussing the situation. I know James Welsh has put out a statement but he doesn't really fully discuss the issues.

For those that haven't seen it this is a screen shot from Susan's Facebook Group where she lies about her involvement in the brand.

FB_IMG_1592981440949.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm completely stumped by some of the people on this thread re the Susan Yara situation.

No, I'm not Caroline, I'm not saying you have to like Caroline but what she has said about the Susan Yara situation was fair. Susan has acted terribly with this situation and if Caroline or any other influencer with a thread on here did similar they would be crucified by Tattle. I'm flummoxed that on a site where shady behaviour is called out someone gets criticised for using their platform to do the same.

I'd be interested to if anyone else has made content discussing the situation. I know James Welsh has put out a statement but he doesn't really fully discuss the issues.

For those that haven't seen it this is a screen shot from Susan's Facebook Group where she lies about her involvement in the brand.
other people in the industry are probably waiting to see if the FTC do something. Which is probably a smarter move than jumping on insta to rant and rave and whip up a mob. Would you feel happy if all those followers go and send hate to Susan Yara because CH has emboldened them to do so, by her raging on insta? Like I said previously, people have taken their life over drag culture. I have no issue with people saying the situation is wrong and reporting it through the right channels. but why the need to go further? Customers (if they care enough) can judge the situation, the ethics and products for themselves.

I don’t get it why influencers are suddenly expected to comment on social justice and non compliance with advertising rules. Do you expect other brands to call out Susan Yara too? If so, where does it end. CH giving us a round up of reported crimes each week with her opinion on the accused? If SY has broken the law, then let the law deal with her not be subject to CH rage online.

I’m really concerned that too many people love this mob culture. You see it on twitter, people attacking others egged on by followers because it’s all good drama. Like I say. Comment or give an opinion but that can be dome calmly and respectfully. CH purposefully decided to leave a 4 hour build up to her insta rant and it was deliberate done to build up drama, and I really find that unpleasant behaviour.

View attachment 161751
I dont think its what caroline says that is the issue. Its the way she says it. She disagrees with what susan did fine but there are more adult, professional and effective ways of doing so, in my opinion. This thread is about caroline hirons, its not a fan page. And of course she wants attention on her as she releases her book this week. Its a money making exercise, shes not interested in integrity.

other people in the industry are probably waiting to see if the FTC do something. Which is probably a smarter move than jumping on insta to rant and rave and whip up a mob. Would you feel happy if all those followers go and send hate to Susan Yara because CH has emboldened them to do so, by her raging on insta? Like I said previously, people have taken their life over drag culture. I have no issue with people saying the situation is wrong and reporting it through the right channels. but why the need to go further? Customers (if they care enough) can judge the situation, the ethics and products for themselves.

I don’t get it why influencers are suddenly expected to comment on social justice and non compliance with advertising rules. Do you expect other brands to call out Susan Yara too? If so, where does it end. CH giving us a round up of reported crimes each week with her opinion on the accused? If SY has broken the law, then let the law deal with her not be subject to CH rage online.

I’m really concerned that too many people love this mob culture. You see it on twitter, people attacking others egged on by followers because it’s all good drama. Like I say. Comment or give an opinion but that can be dome calmly and respectfully. CH purposefully decided to leave a 4 hour build up to her insta rant and it was deliberate done to build up drama, and I really find that unpleasant behaviour.
THIS is what you get out of the entire situation? I'm befuddled, what that woman did was literally illegal, if Caroline hadn't said a word of this, people would still be outraged, because it's wrong. Are you really saying that Caroline somehow shouldn't voice her opinion on major misconduct committed by one of the most popular influencers in her field? I mean it's one thing to not like her, it's another to have completely unreasonable expectations of her. She's not obligated to not "drag" Susan Yara if something was seriously wrong, she's entitled to her opinion, much like you're entitled to yours in regard to Caroline. And you know what, this isn't even about Caroline, I actually find it aggravating that people in this thread keep making this a Caroline issue, it's almost as if anyone that's ever been slagged off by Caroline is automatically a victim and must be defended because y'all dislike her so much... What?!

Not being part of cancel culture doesn't mean letting people get away with unethical behaviors. Plenty of companies, large or small, have committed advertisement violations in the past and were rightfully punished for it, doesn't mean their products were inferior, nor does it mean people stopped buying their products, because ethical conduct has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of products.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

I disagree, influencers should totally call out other influencers bad behaviour.

You don't have to like Caroline, you don't have to agree with the way she dealt with the situation but at least she has said something and called out bad behaviour. Yes she's releasing a book but she didn't know this was going to happen. I am of the opinion that Caroline would have done this regardless of whether or not her book was being released, you are free to agree or disagree

I watched her IGTV, I didn't hear her say that Susan and the brand needed to be cancelled, her "rant" wasn't half as bad as the "Bye Sister" video and at least what Caroline said was based on truth and not hearsay and lies about a 19 year old being a sexual predator. Susan is a grown woman and now a company owner, she should have known better especially as she has been working as an influencer.

Just because there the law has been broken doesn't mean the law will actually be enforced. Look at companies like Amazon and Google not paying tax and getting deals from the government to pay a tiny % of what they should and then all the celebs (and normal people) who have been made bankrupt for not paying a 20k tax bill. Amazon and Google literally owe the country millions in unpaid taxes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm sorry but this whole idea that Caroline somehow planned on slagging off on Susan Yara in the same week of her book release is laughable. Unless she's a psychic she wouldn't have been able to plan this. Y'all really give Caroline too much credit, she did NOT start this drama, she's not big enough to. She commented on it, the drama had already started when she mentioned it. Remember, Susan Yara is a much bigger deal globally than Caroline.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Exactly! I couldn't have said this better!

Reactions: 2
THIS is what you get out of the entire situation? I'm befuddled, what that woman did was literally illegal, if Caroline hadn't said a word of this, people would still be outraged, because it's wrong. In fact, this isn't even about Caroline, I actually find it aggravating that people in this thread keep making this a Caroline issue, it's almost as if anyone that's ever been slagged by Caroline is automatically a victim and must be defended because y'all dislike her so much... What?!

Not being part of cancel culture doesn't mean letting people get away with unethical behaviors. Plenty of companies, large or small, have committed advertisement violations in the past and were rightfully punished for it, doesn't mean their products were inferior, nor does it mean people stopped buying their products, because ethical conduct has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of products.
Hang on, you’re aggravated the SY is a now CH issue... well that’s because she chose to speak on it? Ive only commented on it in relation to CHs insta rant so feel free to make a thread if you want to discuss SY behaviour and legality of it because I’ve not actually included that in my comments.

I didn’t say SY is a victim. I haven’t said she shouldn’t be called out. I agree with the criticism but I don’t agree the ranting and raving about it on insta live. It’s unnecessary and there are other ways to comment on a situation with out acting so dramatic about it all.

“Not being part of cancel culture doesn't mean letting people get away with unethical behaviors” No, but you’re on dangerous ground if you think CH (or any influencers) should be the arbitrator of whats ethical or not. And the people to not let them get away with it. I mean that just results in mob behaviour. So my view is if you have a platform and you want to speak on issues, you need to do so carefully and thoughtfully.

I don’t get why people need an influencer to set the moral compass entirely anyway. If it’s illegal I expect the law to prosecute. If it’s unethical I need to make my own mind up, like do I buy fast fashion made in a sweatshop or animal skin footwear. No wonder these influencers have so much damn power over people when we expect them to be the judge and jury on moral and ethics. I mean the state of the influence industry means they are the last people I would listen to 🤷‍♀️

I disagree, influencers should totally call out other influencers bad behaviour.

Just because there the law has been broken doesn't mean the law will actually be enforced. Look at companies like Amazon and Google not paying tax and getting deals from the government to pay a tiny % of what they should and then all the celebs (and normal people) who have been made bankrupt for not paying a 20k tax bill. Amazon and Google literally owe the country millions in unpaid taxes.
I never said influencers couldn’t 🤷‍♀️ I’ve commented about they way CH did it. Is that not up for debate or is a binary “calling out someone no matter how you do it is fine”. I think there’s room for more nuance personally.

i don’t want to go into amazon / google but if the government agrees a tax deal with them, that doesn’t sound illegal (because the government has given them the loophole to pay less tax?). Tax avoidance isnt illegal, but it is unethical to some people. However, really it’s the governments fault for allowing these firms to pay a small amount of tax in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
THIS is what you get out of the entire situation? I'm befuddled, what that woman did was literally illegal, if Caroline hadn't said a word of this, people would still be outraged, because it's wrong. Are you really saying that Caroline somehow shouldn't voice her opinion on major misconduct committed by one of the most popular influencers in her field? I mean it's one thing to not like her, it's another to have completely unreasonable expectations of her. She's not obligated to not "drag" Susan Yara if something was seriously wrong, she's entitled to her opinion, much like you're entitled to yours in regard to Caroline. And you know what, this isn't even about Caroline, I actually find it aggravating that people in this thread keep making this a Caroline issue, it's almost as if anyone that's ever been slagged off by Caroline is automatically a victim and must be defended because y'all dislike her so much... What?!

Its a caroline hirons thread which is why peoole are making it about her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.