Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Well I think it's perfectly fine to be disappointed when you find out the glowy, smooth skin isn't just achieved by the pricey potions she's been flogging for years. I mean, it's obvious she's had something done, her forehead doesn't move and you only have to look at old Youtube videos to see it still did a couple of years ago. It's her choice, obviously and I'm not judging, but hiding it in an Instagram story isn't exactly being totally upfront about procedures, is it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
with what's going on in real life, important life, it does give the entire culture of affiliate links and snake oil sales pitches a different perspective. We don't 'need' any of that shit and the people who lie constantly and blatantly to sell it look quite hideous right now by trying to stay relevant (IMO).

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Lululime

VIP Member
Clarins gifting CH free hand care during the worst of times. WTAF are they gifting it to her for... she probably has thousand of product. Send a bloody basket of the stuff to a hospital not a bloody influencer. Very poor show Clarins.
They will never get another penny out of me.....paying through the nose so that some “influencer” can nab a freebie.... cheek!!!

There will be plenty of nurses and Drs with very chapped hands right now....what about them?

expatfancy

Chatty Member
Christ knows what that Space NK event is costing. None of these idiots need another £400 worth of product and a free meal at SH. I despair that this is what the beauty world is reduced to
This puts me off buying from space nk. If they have all this advertising budget to spend wooing some crappy instagrammers then they don’t need anymore of mine

• Heart

PeachyP

Watching these influencers unpack their ‘gifted’ food delivery boxes is so vulgar and tone deaf.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
What's there to discuss? J.K. Rowling has repeatedly made ignorant remarks on the trans community through the years and is still trying to justify them. I'm not here for cancel culture but I'm team Caroline on this, J.K. Rowling is too grown to not know better, she's a bigot, the end.
I find it astonishing that an issue with this much emotion on both sides strikes you as being unworthy of discussion.

Am really concerned that in the end all causes lose with this sort of attitude. Surely the one thing we can all agree on is that resolution is reached with information, consideration, kindness and open mindedness?

FWIW I am following this topic with interest and I haven’t made my mind up where I stand. The thing I know is that reactive vitriol doesn’t lead to good outcomes.

rosemarina

VIP Member
I think posts like yours without any screenshots should be taken with a pinch of salt, sorry. I’m not her biggest fan, but that’s a lot to allege without backing it up. Can you retrieve the deleted screenshots? If your friend sent them to you, they should be in your text messages/WhatsApp/recently deleted pictures folder.

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
It's my understanding that she has no formal training
I think you're right, judging from that list.
'I qualified in CIBTAC' is meaningless. Clicking through, CIBTAC is the awarding body. It's like saying 'I qualified in OCR', rather than 'I have a GCSE awarded by OCR'.
Biologique Recherche sounds good, but it's a brand. As a degree isn't necessary to work on counter, the courses won't be at postgraduate level.This is like saying 'I did a postgraduate course on how to use the clinique computer'.
'Insured internationally' isn't a qualification. This just means she can rub cream on people across Europe and if they sue because it goes wrong, the insurance will pay damages.

That list is embarrassing. I'd say apart from a few day courses on selling a brand, she's got no qualifications for any of this. Which makes her the perfect schiller, because she has no basis on which to challenge brands claims, she just parrots what they say to her followers.

At Steiner School?? Huh?!
She's going back a bit... I worked on Wardour Street 20 years ago, and whatever this Steiner School was, it had shut down by then.

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
A 'care package'? Are you fucking serious? Christ, wrap that shit up with half of the other freebies and drop them off at your nearest GP surgery or corner shop, there would be people there delighted to get a gift like that, whereas to Caroline it's just more stuff to dump on the pile.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, Clarins.

lrosex

I bounce back and forth from watching Caroline but after tonight’s live I completely agree with her! What Susan Yara did by not disclosing she is the FOUNDER of a brand she’s been hyping up for months is borderline illegal, and it has put me off not only Susan herself, but the Naturium Brand. Slate Caroline for her looks, her kits, whatever - but she has ethics and a moral compass which I admire a heck of a lot more than many other influencers.

• Heart

Curio

Chatty Member
Have you read J.K. Rowling’s blog post today? I agree with J.K. But regardless, I don’t think she’s going to lose sleep over Caroline’s carefully considered response.

• Heart

swipeup

VIP Member
Anyone else seeing the irony in Sali Hughes appealing to companies for hand care products for Beauty Banks while Hirons gloats over a "care package" containing not 1 but 2 hand creams.. You couldn't make it up.

• Angry
  • Sick

Lilistar

I used to follow Caroline years ago, when I was suffering from hormonal acne, just to see if her advice was any good.
I stopped after a super offensive post on her blog ( that she scrubbed/rewrote).
She had a post about the makeup brand EX1- it was started by a South Asian woman and was at first focused on those skin tones/olive skin and they bought in Caroline to consult. She was promoting the brand and said " instead of moaning about it X created a brand" or words to that effect. Implying that anytime women of colour spoke about not being able to buy makeup on the high street they were just moaning. This was pre darker colours being available on brands like bourjois, L'Oréal etc. I was literally disgusted and refused to listen to anything she has to say after that

• Wow
  • Angry

Orangebird69

She’s a Saleswoman first and foremost ; dressed up as a ‘Consultant to the Industry’ but flogs skincare products on behalf of companies who like her social media personality.

She uses medical skincare intervention because she knows the creams don’t work.

She’s a saleswoman with a big gob.
The end. Not quite sure what else needs to be added to this thread now 😂😂👍👍👍🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Jaydee

I've been meh about CH for years but over lockdown I have been watching her Instagram lives for something to do.

On the Thursday? Before George Floyd was killed she had a q&a about secrets of the industry or something similar
She skimmed over topics to do with race injustice. Pretty much said of you are black you need to find work in London, itll be on a counter and there are few people of colour in head offices.
She also said her own company is all white.

She didn't seem overly angered by this injustice or offer any insight as to how the industry could do better.

She did say so far she has only hired from within her family and friend circle. And to be fair she did say she would try to be more inclusive

Skip to 3 days later and she is livid, crying and shaking at the injustice.
She is taking days off from the Insta lives as she can't cope with the level of racism in her industry
She has had an "inclucivity rider" for "years" (why did she not mention it when racism was heavily questioned on the previous Thursday)
She will donate to BLM in the US - but needs a time to sort her donation out in the UK

It screams of bandwagoning

• Wow

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
he got exppsed forselling PR products on ebay and
It's really interesting how this is seen as the most terrible thing possible - how dare individuals sell what we've given them for free! Outrage! Disgraceful!

I think it's because if this was done openly it would show how few of these products are actually used by influencers, and how few are 'life changing' yada yada.

Really, it makes sense to flog them on...

And it is an insult to activists around the world who forgo everything personal (income, security, relationships etc) to further the causes they believe in.
Heartily agree with this.

Skincare activist: fighting to ensure women stop using foaming cleanser. Fighting for the right of every woman to spend more on skincare than her rent. Fighting for equal access to French pharmacy brands. Who's with me comrades? Let's fight for our right to make fatbergs and landfill! Remember, punch down or pity!

I think that's what we call white middle class feminist first world problems...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Wobblehead

VIP Member
I’ll just leave these here.
For me this is what is wrong with these shouty women.... CH, Sali Hughes and others. They are so busy polarising their positions that they forget what stance they have taken in the past. We are then accused of deep rese
arch when we dare to quesiton them.

I have nothing against anyone having tweakments, whatever they want to call it. I have had botox in the one line I had on my face, which was not a line it was a crevice and it looked odd, but I had botox, was it baby, was it a weak dilute? I have no idea. It was botox and that is what I called it and that is what I tell everyone I had. I also am lucky enough to be in my 50s and have really good skin. That might be down to genetics, that might be down to the products I have put on my face, it might be down to the fact that I have never smoked and I don't drink much..... who knows. What I am not doing however is professing to be an expert or schilling people expensive products (because lets face it most of what these women schill is not cheap) I might say to someone that I like a product but what works for one may not always work for another. If anyone asks about my skin I am always honest as I don't have anything to hide or any ulterior motive.

What I am saying in a round about way is that these women are lying to themselves if they think that they are doing all of this for us..... they ain't

• Heart

LurkyLou

I am watching these Instagram videos she's uploading to YouTube. What a joke. When she said skin care was essential I scoffed so loudly I scared my husband. My sister and her wife are situated in America right now. Their state is on lock down and they can only go out for groceries. My sister and all her lovely co-workers were suspended indefinitely from work. So no, skincare is not an essentially right now. I'm just praying that neither my husband nor I lose our jobs. We have two daughters and a mortgage to think about. As I am sure so many of you do as well. I just can't with some of these people. I know there are people out there who suffer from horrible skin conditions. But trust me when I tell you most of these people's issues will not be cured by something over the counter. Get over yourself Caroline.

• Sad
  • Haha