Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
It's just so predictable. Anyone that raised valid questions around it was called a vile troll by Holly & Phil and Morgan.

People that tick the right boxes seem to be given a free pass to escape scrutiny, for a while at least!

Reactions: 43

Nurseali

VIP Member
There is some dust out there whispering "Fuck you for killing me and making me walk when I just wanted to sit down with a Mr Kipling. You greedy little bitch "

We salute you dust.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

50sGirl

VIP Member
I'd still like the ASA to actually fine them, the Barbados tourist bord and BA over breaking the rules on not disclosing advertising. No way did they pay for the holiday that had a high percentage chance of being what killed him. They could have been paid thousands by those companies
View attachment 2283959

View attachment 2283952
The second he got on that ‘plane during the pandemic his daughter signed his death certificate.
She should feel that guilt for the rest of her life, yet instead she still exploits his name. Shame on her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

margaretta

VIP Member
Just a note of congratulations to everyone in this thread for being on the case since the beginning.

I bet you are loving every minute of the DM headlines.

Tattle deserves some positive press for this!!

Reactions: 41

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I remember at the time just thinking how syrupy & mawkish the whole thing was. Well done old chap but let's leave it there! 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 40

ATV2021

VIP Member
The hospital where he died....I was there earlier. The wards have like things on the wall with a "Captain Tom walking length route".

Nearly ripped it off because he was in there with all his grifty manky fam around him when no other bugger was allowed visitors and died alone 🙃

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

50sGirl

VIP Member
The fact that he broadcast that his first marriage ended because it was sexless (so obviously HE wasn’t to blame) told me all I needed to know about this “gentleman”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Lorelei

Chatty Member
The Captain Tom "phenomenon" felt jingoistic to me, ties in with "the good old days, take back control by voting for Brexit, keep Britain British, god bless our veteran heroes and keep supporting the war". I've no issue with war veterans and admire some, but sick of every one of them being painted as heroes, they are human too. I don't wear a poppy and respect others right to choose to wear one or not to.
I refuse to wear one when it became ok to start bashing anyone who didn’t. Live and let live. I am also very reluctant to pretend every veteran is a hero. We have a lot of atoning to do in this country. My grandfather survived a German prison of war camp and returned a hero. He also returned violent and beat my grandmother and father. I really wish history was more honest about the realities of ‘winning’ a war. It comes at a price and no one in this country wants to talk about that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

ohannie

VIP Member
I know he was made famous for the walking frame etc but if you must give him a statue, give him one of his younger days, maybe military uniform.
His very unremarkable military career consisted of him teaching soldiers how to ride motorbikes in India for a bit and then returning home after getting bitten by a mosquito. It doesn't even deserve a footnote in a book, let alone a statue!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37