Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I think it was a photo of all the family in Barbados and the fact that Tom had taken all of his war medals with him to wear.
Well doesn’t everyone do that? Last time I went on holiday I took my 25 metre swimming certificate from 1979 and my Brownie knitting badge, and made sure they were in all the holiday snaps. Just in case. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Yel

Chatty Member
I saw this little snippet in the Guardian's article and talk about blowing your own trumpet!
It's pretty disappointing it took them all so long to cotton on. The whole of Hannah's site was like a parody of the worst apprentice contestant ever. It was so blatant the whole time.

Her arrogance was off the scale and all the over the top gushing made her feel invincible.

Loving BBC reporting outside their 'private gated house'....🤣
Places like the BBC share the blame with their lack of due diligence. Just like they do with jack monroe and let her spout off pure fantasy as if it's factual.

Reactions: 36

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
It's all so grubby. It's also so British.

A collective madness seemed to take hold with this disreputable bunch being given carte blanche to lie. embroider the truth and "pull rank" via our wildly outmoded class system. I'm surprised the Governmewnt didn't retroactively promote him to field marshall and make his daughter a General.

I never bought it for a minute. The social climber captain (who'd been on Blankety Blank) and his vulgar family were a total joke to everyone I knew at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 vision but it wasn't needed in this case was it?

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Nurseali

VIP Member
Hoover him up and push the Dyson around in proper laps

I am joking the family of course have a Miele not a Dyson.

• Haha

ohannie

VIP Member
I spat my tea out when I read an email at work about a charity event in the hospital back in mid 2020. The idea was that everyone (this was NHS staff) would donate £20 and receive a Rubik's cube, which they would then solve on the day and hand to someone who would arrange them all on the floor to create a giant portrait of Captain Tom. I think there were supposed to be 900 cubes, and the idea was that you'd keep one afterwards and the NHS charity would keep the change. It was cancelled literally hours after the email went out, presumably someone with sense pointed out that most people don't know how to solve the cubes and so trying to get 900 people to do it would be insane.

• Haha
  • Wow

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
That woman on Talk TV saying "Everyone needed a hero during covid", nope .... The whole thing was mass brain washing as was virtually anything media led at that time. Oh whoopy doo here's another theatrical singing family. 🤬

Warpaint

VIP Member
If she were working class she'd be the type to run the local WMC for 6 months and do a runner with the takings. She just commits the fraud on a grander scale with the smoke and mirrors of her dead Father.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
So sad for the honourable gentleman Sir Tom, having such a grifting daughter
Honourable? Gentleman?
He told the world that left his first wife (who was deceased so she couldn’t give her side of the story) because she didn’t give him sex. Obviously that was disclosed to imply he was the perfect husband and she was entirely to blame.
Yes, such an “honourable gentleman!” 🙄

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

thegirlscout

VIP Member
When it comes to the film, if Hannah is an executive producer you know Captain Tom’s wartime experience will be played out like this:
IMG_7088.gif

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
One of the newspapers must have phoned the council because the story seems to have moved on in many of them, to being about how she never actually got planning permission for the dodgy pool and spa complex, the application featuring his name was a retrospective one, which was turned down, as was an appeal, so she has been told to demolish it. Don't think that was being reported this morning.

LOL. It's all catching up with her.

• Haha
  • Wow

Tabitha D

VIP Member
What a mess.
So from what the Charity Commission is now saying, it sounds like profits from intellectual property associated with Sir Tom (trademarks, marketing of his image etc) may have been funnelled into a private company (Club Nook Ltd) owned by the Ingram-Moores, rather than benefiting the Foundation. And those profits could be very substantial. (I had a quick look at the accounts for that company on Companies House and it certainly looks pretty solvent.)
This could get interesting.
Also, I was reading what people had posted a bit higher up about the gin. That seems pretty scammy too. I know the article focussed on the “special” gin which was being sold for £100 per bottle (only a small bottle too - 500ml!) of which only “about £30” would go to the foundation. That’s bad enough. But the “regular” gin was selling for £35 per bottle and ONLY £1 of that was going to the Foundation. It’s pretty crap isn’t it.
It does rather look like someone’s been making a healthy profit, anyway.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

ohannie

VIP Member
Get yours now, only £99.99 (plus £9.99 P&P). (Some proceeds might go to charity.)

323532 (1).png

• Haha

Tea Cosy

As Hannah repeatedly says the phrase "my father", it made me think of The Lord's Prayer. So I have written a Hannah version of it (and I apologise for any blasphemy caused)

My Father, who art in heaven
Exploited be thy name
Thy donations did come
Everyone was done
Upon earth plus you up in heaven

Give me every day your daily bread
And forgive us our selfishness
As we won't forgive those who troll against us
And lead us not into redemption
But deliver us from goodwill
For mine is the kingdom
The power and the glory
For ever and ever
Hx

• Haha
  • Heart

Nurseali

VIP Member
Heartbroken doesn’t really touch it. I will carry the guilt for the rest of my life that I couldn’t be with my Dad when he needed me the most. In my head, I know the guilt is not warranted because it was beyond my control but it’s there all the same, the heaviness I carry in my heart. (just typing that and tears are pouring down my cheeks). I spoke to a stranger last week who lost his mum the same way. He feels the same as me. We let them down. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Then a few weeks later Hannah and her gang swan off to the hospital and spend days at her father’s bedside and then shared his last words with the world. Awful woman.
Don't feel you let him down. It was an awful time.
I work on a palliative care unit and it was truly horrendous having to tell family they couldn't visit. Family who wanted desperately to. I really didn't think this would make them feel guilty as it was not their choice so your post saddens me. I hope you find closure one day and realise that there was nothing you could do. I am positive your Dad knew how much you loved him.
I feel so much anger at the parties our government had that I can't watch the news . Whilst they drank and danced I had to explain why loves ones couldn't have that last moment with their loved one. Fuck off Boris .

• Heart
  • Angry