Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
They’re discussing WBD on The Last Leg and showed a little boy dressed up as Captain Tom and I think it’s Adam (?) said his sister dressed up as his daughter Hannah and stole his lunch money 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

ohannie

VIP Member
He didn't even do proper laps of his garden, he was just walking back and forth in a line. Now, I'm not suggesting anyone digs him up, straps his corpse into an electric wheelchair and forces it to complete the promised 100 laps, but it would go some way to restore people's faith in the whole thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Whatspopping

My biggest concern, never mind the money, was exploiting a loved one. Especially after his death. I just think, if this was my Dad, I would certainly celebrate his charity efforts and share the moment of uniting a nation, but when he died I wouldn't be trying to monetise his legacy. And what legacy is it exactly? We are not talking about Elvis Presley's estate or the equivalent of a life's worth of culturally important material.

• Heart
  • Sad

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’ve said it before and I shall say it again, Captain Tom was such a “gentleman” slating and blaming his first wife (who was not there to defend herself) because the failure of their marriage couldn’t be part his fault could it? Oh no, poor Tom had a sexless marriage and told the world and they all lapped it up. Gentleman my arse! 🙄

• Wow
  • Heart

Dustye

I've said it before and I'll said it again - why do her kids have middle-aged faces? Is it just a Tory thing?

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
And I'm fairly certain that I read on here that when he was in his final days in hospital, they were being allowed in to visit him.
I can't even imagine how difficult it was for those who had to say their goodbyes through windows or screens, instead of being able to hold their loved one's hands. 😔
If they got special treatment because of being 'the family of Captain Sir Tom' that is appalling.

Restrictions were in place to protect everyone as much as possible, why would they get a free pass to do as they pleased! Especially after bringing him to Barbados which was the height of lunacy for a man of his age, never mind the times that we were all living through. 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 31

Sea

VIP Member
I'm cringing at her desperation to get nigella's attention, heck even Scott Mills!

• Haha

ohannie

VIP Member
"Just bought myself a Chanel handbag with some NHS garden laps money. It's what he would have wanted... #captaintom #livelaughlove"

• Haha
  • Heart

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
She will just try to style it out by posting photos of her and her bland family on their summer holiday, shoehorning a mention of the old fella in and asking everyone where they are going on their summer holidays, signing it Hx 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
It's all so grubby. It's also so British.

A collective madness seemed to take hold with this disreputable bunch being given carte blanche to lie. embroider the truth and "pull rank" via our wildly outmoded class system. I'm surprised the Governmewnt didn't retroactively promote him to field marshall and make his daughter a General.

I never bought it for a minute. The social climber captain (who'd been on Blankety Blank) and his vulgar family were a total joke to everyone I knew at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 vision but it wasn't needed in this case was it?
Yes. I hate jingoism, I hate the attitude that all veterans are heroes and we must bow at their feet. The Captain Tom story had this in spades

50sGirl

VIP Member
As terrible as HIM is, it was the gullible masses who absolutely lapped it all up.

The way people acted during covid was sheep-mentality at its finest and she capitalized on that. Yes maybe she is a grifter and bad person but instead of wasting time being angry with her, maybe the masses need to rethink how easily led along they all are.

Getting suspect vaccines, banging pots at night like a moron, cheering an old man who walked round a garden, getting angry when neighbour's had a friend over.

Everyone acted so fucking stupidly I think most people should be ashamed of how they acted themselves. They are probably just projecting their anger at Hannah too because she made a complete fool out of a country of fools.
Didn’t pay a penny to his fund or cheer him at all.
I am proud not ashamed that I followed the rules to keep those vulnerable in my life safe.
If you wish to discuss vaccines I believe there is a thread for just that and it has no relevance to Captain Tom.

• Heart

Mardymermaid

Chatty Member
Imagine admitting your family made your 99 year old grandad walk around the garden 100 times though. Wouldn't be surprised if some footage emerges in years to come with Hannah in a bush with a cattle prod.

• Haha
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The fact that he broadcast that his first marriage ended because it was sexless (so obviously HE wasn’t to blame) told me all I needed to know about this “gentleman”.
What really happened IMO is that he traded his first wife in for a younger model (Hannah’s mother). They can dress it up all they like, but I thought the way he wrote about her was awful when she’s not around to defend herself and neither is anyone else who knew her.

• Sad
I fully believe that once the dust settles from all the controversy and their obvious grifting, we will start seeing more Captain Tom memorabilia - a kitchen range (he loved his food), bath towels (loved his baths), wallpaper and living room accessories, children's books, I wouldn't even be surprised if they jumped on the trans bandwagon and claimed that the old boy was non binary with a range of rainbow branded story books. At least he and HRH are now together in heaven.

• Haha