Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Life coaching' - another unregulated con job. Perfect for our Hannah.
ā€œmindset motivatorā€ ā€œemotional transformation therapistā€ ā€œintuitive (no qualifications) mentorā€ such scammers working with potentially vulnerable people, yes perfect for her.

Reactions: 13
I keep thinking she'll make a name change announcement and will be known officially as Hannah Captain Sir Tom.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I keep thinking she'll make a name change announcement and will be known officially as Hannah Captain Sir Tom.
Back when Tom was still alive, he seemed to get so many title changes I referred to him as Captain Sir Colonel Tom Moore. I'm surprised Hannah didn't use a similar title herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Poor Tom went through enough in his glorious life without a poor statue being made of him.

New to this thread, always had the same opinion of the whole weird family bar Tom, will give him a pass. I know he was made famous for the walking frame etc but if you must give him a statue, give him one of his younger days, maybe military uniform. This just smacks of cheap and cringy, benefiting the family by exploiting the image they very cleverly created

Reactions: 15
I know he was made famous for the walking frame etc but if you must give him a statue, give him one of his younger days, maybe military uniform.
His very unremarkable military career consisted of him teaching soldiers how to ride motorbikes in India for a bit and then returning home after getting bitten by a mosquito. It doesn't even deserve a footnote in a book, let alone a statue!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
His very unremarkable military career consisted of him teaching soldiers how to ride motorbikes in India for a bit and then returning home after getting bitten by a mosquito. It doesn't even deserve a footnote in a book, let alone a statue!
Which is what annoyed me even more because my Grandad literally had the same military life - he even told me that the ones who went off to India, did it for an easier life back then aswell!!

Reactions: 15
Wow didn't know that. Genuinely thought he was in dogfights or liberated concentration camps the way they honed in on the whole military hero thing

Reactions: 11
This just brought that horrifying Wimbledon moment back to me when she stood up and waved at everyone :sick:
I think she honestly believes she is on par with the late Princess Diana. That's how deluded she comes across as with her self-importance but even Diana had humility and grace.
---
No, I live for them šŸ˜‚
I love it, makes me feel better about my life because whatever else, at least I'm not that needy and sad.

Reactions: 6
Really? They made out he single handedly won the war šŸ¤£.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I had no idea, I thought he was at least fighting on the front lines. That's not to diminish anyone who served that did not, but the hysteria surrounding the man was crazy even if that had been the case. That it wasn't the case at all... why did people lose their goddamn minds so much over this one chap? Including at the highest levels of government? It was all just a big distraction to keep our eyes elsewhere, wasn't it?

Reactions: 19
I had no idea, I thought he was at least fighting on the front lines. That's not to diminish anyone who served that did not, but the hysteria surrounding the man was crazy even if that had been the case. That it wasn't the case at all... why did people lose their goddamn minds so much over this one chap? Including at the highest levels of government? It was all just a big distraction to keep our eyes elsewhere, wasn't it?
He did fight in the Burma campaign and taught how to drive motorised armoured vehicles. He also took courses to learn how to control and fix a tank and taught this back in England after he had to leave because he caught dengue fever from a mosquito bite. If he did hardly anything he wouldnā€™t have been promoted above a Private. Whilst he didnā€™t do anything too much above and beyond he did do a bit and saw some horrific things in Burma. From my relatives who served during WW2 they all said they rather face a Nazi than a Japanese solider because even the foot soldiers were bloodthirsty and savage.

Reactions: 8
He did fight in the Burma campaign and taught how to drive motorised armoured vehicles. He also took courses to learn how to control and fix a tank and taught this back in England after he had to leave because he caught dengue fever from a mosquito bite. If he did hardly anything he wouldnā€™t have been promoted above a Private. Whilst he didnā€™t do anything too much above and beyond he did do a bit and saw some horrific things in Burma. From my relatives who served during WW2 they all said they rather face a Nazi than a Japanese solider because even the foot soldiers were bloodthirsty and savage.
Thanks for digging a little deeper, it's always helpful to have more information.

Though even with all this considered, the public mourning and tv broadcast funeral is still inexplicable to me!

Reactions: 10
Thanks for digging a little deeper, it's always helpful to have more information.

Though even with all this considered, the public mourning and tv broadcast funeral is still inexplicable to me!
Don't forget the war plane flypast!! Went straight over my Grandparents (RIP) house. I did drive past the crem and it was a bloody circus with the bypass being closed off and everything. Joke lol

Reactions: 6
Don't forget the war plane flypast!! Went straight over my Grandparents (RIP) house. I did drive past the crem and it was a bloody circus with the bypass being closed off and everything. Joke lol
People really lost their minds, didn't they?

It was worse than Princess Diana's death because at least she'd been a high profile public figure for a long time. The reaction to dear old Tom was just plain weird.

Reactions: 12

I feel a bit sorry for Captain Tom, he lived a private life until he was 99 and then this walk he did, I think he did it for genuine reasons but his daughter and her husband corrupted the goodness for their own gains. And people may mock me but during the pandemic with my father dying in hospital, I did find comfort in Tomā€™s progress and donated some money. It was a great feel good story at a horrible time.
I have no issue with him being knighted and the interview he did with Piers Morgan. I think if he had survived and his daughter and son in law werenā€™t involved, the hype around him would have died down naturally because thatā€™s just how things work. But they just used him as a cash cow and so is his other daughter, and they continue to try get money off his memory. I donā€™t think everything great thing needs a charity, you hear so many people say they are going to set up a charity in X, Y, Zā€™s name and whilst thatā€™s a commendable idea, itā€™s not necessary.
Where the actual money went to is another story.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
thegirlscout, you put it into perspective. Tom's kids were the actual problem, and I don't doubt they - well, Hannah - pushed for all the PR and red carpet treatment. Hannah is still at it to this day, too egotistical to see how she's ruining her father's legacy.

I also wonder at why everyone's automatic response to death now is so often to set up a charity. It's a lovely gesture but it seems odd to me as the first thing so many now do upon losing someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.