Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He had a daughter who pushed the PR big time, way more than others that were also raising funds. Also a “captain“ sounds more of a story and more marketable than just a civilian, etc.
Good point, I never thought of that, they really played up the Captain bit. Mr Moore wouldn't have had the same marketing pull. Do we know if Tom liked to be addressed as 'Captain' in everyday life pre fame?

I couldn't get over the son in law starting to go by 'Ingram Moore' after Tom got famous, what a fame hungry wannabe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Absolutely, unfortunately history is written by the victors so we end up with a rose tinted view of WW2 etc where everyone was a hero and did no wrong, a quick google of allied war crimes is quite eye opening just because it is rarely addressed in the rhetoric we are forcefed. The same rhetoric that saw Sir Captain Tom elevated above his covid peers doing similar charitable activities. Of course he didn't commit any war crimes but why was his effort any more worthy than others?
How do we know he didn't commit any war crimes? I demand a full investigation!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How do we know he didn't commit any war crimes? I demand a full investigation!
I always thought that, the luvvies don't know his life, could've been a wife beater or tax dodger for all they know...I mean according to Wiki, his first marriage was annulled due to it not being consummated, or that's the tale their spinning.

Reactions: 13
The fact that he broadcast that his first marriage ended because it was sexless (so obviously HE wasn’t to blame) told me all I needed to know about this “gentleman”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
The fact that he broadcast that his first marriage ended because it was sexless (so obviously HE wasn’t to blame) told me all I needed to know about this “gentleman”.
The guy loved to duck!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
What really happened IMO is that he traded his first wife in for a younger model (Hannah’s mother). They can dress it up all they like, but I thought the way he wrote about her was awful when she’s not around to defend herself and neither is anyone else who knew her.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
The Cap'n & those dreadful singing families are just so symbolic of lockdown brain fodder for the masses.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The Cap'n & those dreadful singing families are just so symbolic of lockdown brain fodder for the masses.
I think it will be studied in history (if we have any history courses left after this government). How to numb the masses. The death toll was appalling and the media were churning out this tit. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I think it was very deliberate. The reports coming out of Italy and Spain just weeks before we’re mawkish and offensive. Suddenly our death rate skyrocketed and we were clapping and being inundated with feel good stories.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Yel

I totally get why some people liked it so much as to what it represented rather than one person. The flypast and pomp stuff can be alluring.

I don't think it was any big conspiracy to dull the masses, there was a lack of news and they needed something to fill it. A long running story with lots of updates is perfect to focus on.

I do find it odd how once people reach a certain age they're often all seen as the salt of the earth lovley people. I don't know sir captain to make any comments on his character. But the 80+ population can't all be salt of the earth types.

Reactions: 21
I do find it odd how once people reach a certain age they're often all seen as the salt of the earth lovley people. I don't know sir captain to make any comments on his character. But the 80+ population can't all be salt of the earth types.
YES. Some people seem to sub consciously think once you turn 80 you're a harmless cuddly docile old salt of the earth type. Not true, the young b@stards get old too...

I remember this in relation to an incident in my town many years ago, an elderly man had his windows broken by a man in his 20s (seemingly quite randonly). I remember my mother and her friends having a conversation "oh the poor old man", so patronising. Then it turns out he had his windows broken because he touched up the perpetrator as a kid.

I also remember that WW1 veteran Henry Allingham who died aged 110 I think, it turned out afterwards that he was estranged from his daughter (who did turn up at the funeral actually). I don't know the reasons for the estrangement or who was at fault, but it did seem that there was a lot more to his life than the cuddly harmless "what a great man" image.

Reactions: 19
I totally get why some people liked it so much as to what it represented rather than one person. The flypast and pomp stuff can be alluring.

I don't think it was any big conspiracy to dull the masses, there was a lack of news and they needed something to fill it. A long running story with lots of updates is perfect to focus on.

I mean there were plenty of stories about the mishandling of literally everything during the pandemic. I appreciate all the facts were not available but I don’t think it’s a coincidence there was no journalistic deep dive into the care home scandals, utter waste of billions, lack of ppe etc. If we do ever get one, all the biggest offenders will be gone (boris) or untouchable (dido Harding). Bet they were thrilled with all the captain sir Tom bullshit.

Reactions: 12
I expect there will be a Netflix documentary made in future when the dust has eventually settled on the Captain Tom saga and the Foundation is dead and buried, should be a fun watch.

Well done to all those who saw through the media spin and bullsh!t on this one. Keep it up and always question things

Question for y'all, if Captain Tom had lived (he'd be now 102 I think), would things have turned out as they have?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Dominic Bennett is an artist??!! You've got to be kidding! What an awful drawing of Captain Tom. He looks like a zombie or Frankenstein's monster!
If you look at the website it says the artist has a learning disability 🙈😂

Reactions: 2
My elderley in laws, who are the textbook demographic that would be lapping up the Captain Tom stuff, yesterday slated his family on the back of these news reports. They're done for.

Reactions: 13

I was a care of the elderly nurse and, trust me, they're definitely not 😆

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.