Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'My father Captain Sir Tom Moore always dreamed of a spa and pool at home!' :rolleyes:
It's what he would've wanted
100 laps of the pool, all for the NHS
Followed by 100 visits to the steam room
And 100 relaxing minutes on the sun lounger
100 sips of whiskey in his cocktail
All for the NHS.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
CaptainTom is trending on Twitter & the responses are hilarious! It also includes a very frail-looking Tom in Barbados being pimped out by Hannah for photo's 😒

Seriously, this family has no shame. Expect a statement "My Father, who was Captain Sir Tom Moore (in case you didn't know) & the Grandfather of the Nation 🤢, wanted me to use money for a pool & spa. I also know he wouldn't want all this negativity - tomorrow will be a better day after all".

This whole thing stinks & has done since day 1 - in a time of pandemic, what better marketing gimmick, a WWII Veteran & the NHS, jingoism at its finest. Got to give it to Hannah, she played a blinder there... greed was their undoing.

Reactions: 28
Hannah is desperately looking for a photo of her Dad in budgie smugglers near a pool

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Captain Tom walked so his daughter could swim

This comment on twitter may have just finished me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Yel

I'd still like the ASA to actually fine them, the Barbados tourist board and BA over breaking the rules on not disclosing advertising. No way did they pay for the holiday that had a high percentage chance of being what killed him. They could have been paid thousands by those companies
Screenshot_20230704_124325_Twitter.jpg

Captain-Tom-2884305.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Lock her up.
Yep, I’ll bet her and her odious husband are the types that look down on anyone that claims benefits for anything.
They’d probably be in favour of anyone that mistakenly claims so much as a pound more than they’re entitled to being dragged through the street in shame on a cart for folk to throw rotten fruit at.
bleeping hypocrites.
---
I'd still like the ASA to actually fine them, the Barbados tourist bord and BA over breaking the rules on not disclosing advertising. No way did they pay for the holiday that had a high percentage chance of being what killed him. They could have been paid thousands by those companies
View attachment 2283959

View attachment 2283952
Poor guy, he doesn’t look in a fit state to be taken anywhere except his comfortable armchair and his bed.
What a despicable daughter she turned out to be.
---
I thought I had heard this story before and I've just found this article from February 2022...

Even the Daily Heil there having a pop at Hannah.
The “mostly” in inverted commas speaks volumes 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I'd still like the ASA to actually fine them, the Barbados tourist bord and BA over breaking the rules on not disclosing advertising. No way did they pay for the holiday that had a high percentage chance of being what killed him. They could have been paid thousands by those companies
View attachment 2283959

View attachment 2283952
The second he got on that ‘plane during the pandemic his daughter signed his death certificate.
She should feel that guilt for the rest of her life, yet instead she still exploits his name. Shame on her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
It's all so grubby. It's also so British.

A collective madness seemed to take hold with this disreputable bunch being given carte blanche to lie. embroider the truth and "pull rank" via our wildly outmoded class system. I'm surprised the Governmewnt didn't retroactively promote him to field marshall and make his daughter a General.

I never bought it for a minute. The social climber captain (who'd been on Blankety Blank) and his vulgar family were a total joke to everyone I knew at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 vision but it wasn't needed in this case was it?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It's all so grubby. It's also so British.

A collective madness seemed to take hold with this disreputable bunch being given carte blanche to lie. embroider the truth and "pull rank" via our wildly outmoded class system. I'm surprised the Governmewnt didn't retroactively promote him to field marshall and make his daughter a General.

I never bought it for a minute. The social climber captain (who'd been on Blankety Blank) and his vulgar family were a total joke to everyone I knew at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 vision but it wasn't needed in this case was it?
Yes. I hate jingoism, I hate the attitude that all veterans are heroes and we must bow at their feet. The Captain Tom story had this in spades

Reactions: 30
He did ride a motorbike round some jungle tracks and smoked a few senior service behind the barracks tbf. (cigs not people!)

They should have promoted him to major and then he could've done a cover of "space oddity"

I always called him "Major Tom" just to annoy the last night of the proms types.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Message on the Foundation page
https://captaintom.org/

Update - July 2023

At this moment in time, the sole focus of The Captain Tom Foundation is to ensure that it cooperates fully with the on-going Statutory Inquiry by the Charity Commission. As a result, The Captain Tom Foundation is not presently actively seeking any funding from donors. Accordingly, we have also taken the decision to close all payment channels whilst the Statutory Inquiry remains open. Once the findings of the Statutory Inquiry have been communicated, The Captain Tom Foundation will be in a better position to make a decision in relation to its future, but for now, our main priority is to assist the Charity Commission with its enquiry. In the meantime, on behalf of the trustees of The Captain Tom Foundation, we wish to extend a warm thank-you to all our supporters who have enabled us to help charities that were close to Captain Sir Tom’s heart.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Just a note of congratulations to everyone in this thread for being on the case since the beginning.

I bet you are loving every minute of the DM headlines.

Tattle deserves some positive press for this!!

Reactions: 41
If she were working class she'd be the type to run the local WMC for 6 months and do a runner with the takings. She just commits the fraud on a grander scale with the smoke and mirrors of her dead Father.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If she were working class she'd be the type to run the local WMC for 6 months and do a runner with the takings. She just commits the fraud on a grander scale with the smoke and mirrors of her dead Father.
...and gets defended by a shrill bunch of deluded snobs or forelock tuggers in the mail comments. They seem to be decreasing thankfully.

"oh, her daddy was a captain. She must be a decent sort!"

"what a delightful family. Everyone was just like this in the 1950's when I was a gel!"

"you are all vile trolls. Major Tom will rise from the dead and poke you with his walking frame."

*pukes*

Reactions: 23
Message on the Foundation page
https://captaintom.org/

Update - July 2023

At this moment in time, the sole focus of The Captain Tom Foundation is to ensure that it cooperates fully with the on-going Statutory Inquiry by the Charity Commission. As a result, The Captain Tom Foundation is not presently actively seeking any funding from donors. Accordingly, we have also taken the decision to close all payment channels whilst the Statutory Inquiry remains open. Once the findings of the Statutory Inquiry have been communicated, The Captain Tom Foundation will be in a better position to make a decision in relation to its future, but for now, our main priority is to assist the Charity Commission with its enquiry. In the meantime, on behalf of the trustees of The Captain Tom Foundation, we wish to extend a warm thank-you to all our supporters who have enabled us to help charities that were close to Captain Sir Tom’s heart.
That is an awful lot of waffle that could have been two concise sentences if they had anybody who was any good at anything working or volunteering for them.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.