Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I was definitely one of those people that ate up her hype when I only casually followed her and read her book. I saw her as giving a voice to some really important stuff. But she has a new controversy every other day so I started looking into them and noticing a pattern: she champions very valid causes but if she can't be centred in the narrative of the cause, she lashes out.
I don't think she is always losing out on things due to her race, I think she is vying for race based platforms and sometimes other people fit that platform better (e.g. Rochelle/white allies) and rather than supporting another BW involved in promoting education on this issue; she is hellbent on devaluing Rochelle.
When you tear down the very things you champion because they don't benefit you... what does that mean?
It's really frustrating to see more people aren't connecting these dots in her patterns and calling her out. She constantly gets away with it.
Glad I found this thread because her IG comments were making me feel so gaslighted.
When I first heard about tattle life, I thought it must be a bunch of illiterate half wits demonising people on social media for making a living. I must say, I've had more entertainment on here in the past day than what I've had in a week 😅 You guys are really refreshing, honestly. There's more intellect on tattle than all of the social media platforms combined

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Hasanah123

VIP Member
To me she is the epitome of someone who grew up poor and now thinks wearing expensive designer outfits will elevate her to a different strand of society that she so desperately wants to be part of.

She would sell her Nan to be a part of the upper crust insta mums, you know the ones, they come from money and do it because it keeps them occupied in between brunch and weekends away. They won’t say no to an expensive freebie but husband and daddy’s money could easily pay for what they get given for free.

The problem is that Candy doesn’t have that lifestyle or income stream so she keeps throwing random expensive shit together that’s either gifted or bought on credit and hopes that no one notices that she has the opposite of imposter syndrome.
I wish these black girls wpuld undersyand that being rich and having luxury isnt designer goods. Its access to private healthcare, excellent schooling, buying properties if you want so you can start generational wealth, investment. Black girl luxury is making the wave and trending on tik tok and as a black woman is annoys me as luxury doesnf mean designer clothes or bags, thats what keeps the poor poor. Luxury is making money work for you in all aspecta of life and keepinv that going for your family in builsing generational wealth Candice and Chanel Ambrose are idiots

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Let's face it Candice is a bloody pitbull. She plays the race card and this last year it's got her far. But her sense of fucking entitlement is insane! And nothing to do with any of the movements she claims to represent. As a woman of colour I find her absolutely abhorrent in every single way. She has a history of selling vulnerable, very young women. She has gaslighted her own dying mother, she's done fuck all for maternity health of black women except line her own pockets. I will celebrate EVERY decision which results in her losing out on jobs. I'm not a fan of Rochelle but I hope she's fuming and I hope the production companies remember that this is the real CB. She does not represent us in an way shape or form.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Candice was never asked to present it, she was simply asked last year to take part - as in, be a mum telling her story for Rochelle to interview. Rochelle was always going to present it from the start. Candice was clearly confused. Read her post again people, she didn't mention presenting it because she was never asked to, she just assumed that's what the programme makers wanted. She then snubbed the programme makers when they approached her again recently by saying she didn't want to just be featured as a mum telling her birth story, but wanted to present the whole show and if she couldn't take over Rochelles role then she didn't want to participate at all. Here we are.

• Wow
  • Heart

Pommes

Chatty Member
Late to this debate about the documentary/documentaries. When I saw Candice’s post yesterday I had two thoughts:

1. Candice made a living exploiting women. The issue about the disgraceful mortality rates amongst black women receiving maternity care is both a race issue and a women’s issue. Candice cannot advocate on behalf of women, given her history as an exploiter of women. She is also not nearly experienced enough; no amount of manifestation or crystal rubbing is going to give her the skill needed to present an important, hopefully revolutionary documentary on the BBC.

2. Rochelle is also not the right presenter. She has the skill, likeability and the reach. But having birthed in private hospitals and as a celebrity (who will be listened to by medical professionals in any setting), makes her far removed from the situation which is attributed to so many different things.

I would have liked to see a black woman who wasn’t British born present this. Someone who had learnt English as a second language. Alternatively someone like The Doctor Mummy who admittedly doesn’t have the media experience, but is a black mother who birthed and works within the NHS, and championed this from the start.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
It reflects very badly on Candice and her followers that she's caused a pile on and hidden the comments on her own feed. That's the kinda reason she would be booted out of projects that affect multiple peoples work. They want someone trouble free and she's proved exactly why she shouldn't have got it.

These jobs in the media always never have been given on merit and often have the vapid and clueless presenters. Nothing new there.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

Ceecee3

It appears she has amassed a cult like collective on Instagram with people kissing her backside left right and centre, despite the fact that she's exploited women herself during her time as a sexworker/madam, and has now thrown Rochelle under a bus for doing nothing! I wish people would take the time to Google her as a lot of her new fans are only seeing her at face value. There are better ways to out yourself as a great woman without dragging another one down. My respect for her has nosed dived dramatically in recent times, I actually used to think she was alright. Her subtle humblebragging, moaning and pointing the finger at everyone else is exasperating.
I was definitely one of those people that ate up her hype when I only casually followed her and read her book. I saw her as giving a voice to some really important stuff. But she has a new controversy every other day so I started looking into them and noticing a pattern: she champions very valid causes but if she can't be centred in the narrative of the cause, she lashes out.
I don't think she is always losing out on things due to her race, I think she is vying for race based platforms and sometimes other people fit that platform better (e.g. Rochelle/white allies) and rather than supporting another BW involved in promoting education on this issue; she is hellbent on devaluing Rochelle.
When you tear down the very things you champion because they don't benefit you... what does that mean?
It's really frustrating to see more people aren't connecting these dots in her patterns and calling her out. She constantly gets away with it.
Glad I found this thread because her IG comments were making me feel so gaslighted.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The damage was done when she was filmed in the role of "Madam/Pimp" or whatever she suggested she did. TV cash is limited and the controversy she carries with her (as an unknown in TV industry) is not going to offer contracts.
She was in Jodie Marshes sex workers tv series as a real life madam! Woman’s rights don’t matter then do the Candice when you’re making money off them? Always so surprised Lorraine Kelly, Grazia etc letting her anywhere near their brands. I’m saying this from someone who has followed Candice since the beginning & observed who she really is. She’s a nasty piece of work with money her only motivation not the cause to help other people of colour.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Scotblock

VIP Member
Perhaps the reason she loses out on jobs is because the brands actually do their due diligence and they just don’t want someone that constituted a pimp representing their brand 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 30
When I first heard about tattle life, I thought it must be a bunch of illiterate half wits demonising people on social media for making a living. I must say, I've had more entertainment on here in the past day than what I've had in a week 😅 You guys are really refreshing, honestly. There's more intellect on tattle than all of the social media platforms combined
I’ve said this before but Tattle is pretty much the regulator of the influencers, and not deserving of the shit it gets from certain quarters of the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I honestly don’t know how she’s got to where she is or how/why people swallow her bullshit. She’s awful. She’s full of her own self importance, thinks she’s super intelligent and that she’s the voice of a generation with all her bizzare convoluted over the top guff she posts where it sounds like she’s vomited a thesaurus out of her arse. She’s not likeable in anyway, she’s loud, obnoxious, vulgar and so unbelievably fake. Nothing about her is sincere or genuine. Everything she does/says is in the pursuit of money.

• Heart
  • Haha

Wolf359

Chatty Member
I have never had to unfollow Rochelle on Instagram because she threatened to rip out another woman’s throat through her vagina. In front of a child.
If Candice is wondering why she’s not getting the sort of gigs Rochelle is, she could start her reflection there.

• Heart

Miss Anne Thrope

VIP Member
IMHO Candice is a thoughtless, hot-tempered, hot mess; The first rule of showbiz is to be NICE to people no matter how many rejections you get, and how hurt your feelings are. It's about making connections, and through those - other connections. The production companies, Rochelle, her husband, her family and friends, the agents involved, ALL of them will remember Candice's knee-jerk response, the co-ordinated pile-on that resulted and all the chaos that ensued. She'd better hope that they have short attention spans because Rochelle is well-liked and knows a lot of influential people.

Being a loudmouth rage-monster tends to lose people respect and jobs.

• Heart

Hasanah123

VIP Member
A house manager is a fucking cleaner. Stop trying to make is ✨boujee✨
Yep!! Listened for a few seconds and she said something about not being domesticated like its hard for her she doesnt know how nor does she like it and with both of them working from home now they needed a cleaner, sad she mentioned she found it difficult to clean up after the child like folding clothes etc, its not in her.......

F YOu Candice, so I listened to the whole thing and claling black women who cook, clean snd work as going through struggle mentality and she isnt about that life. Well F You Candice. There are some women who enjoy looking after their family alongsode their jobs. And there are women who cannot afford a cleaner and still work hard for their hard but singling out black women for living this 'struggle mentality' well you dont represent us blsck women you 4ft piece of shit.

Talking about Im.more getting money in than looking after the house and making sure the kids beds are tidy and knowing we have enough toilet roll. Does she wipe your big batty too? Piece of shit.

I hate women like her who think they are doing something new for black women. Whilst you were pimping other women for a living some of us were working hard and had cleaners before you even knew that was a thing. So fuck off

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

l_unit

To add to this she seems to think she is exempt from being called up on making sweeping statements and gross generalisations about other minorities. Ignorance is (in her eyes and in her situation) her perfectly justifiable excuse. Yet no-one else is allowed the same priviledge. Its “educate youself, read up on it, do better” but also “dont be asking me because i cant be bothered to teach you unless you are going to pay me to talk.” It’s never about the actual cause, its always only about the coin with Candice. That is where her loyalties start and end. Money. She couldn’t give a rats ass about other peoples struggles unless she can monetise it or get attention from it in some way. She’s never the problematic one, always the victim.
100%. I’ve followed her since MOD brought her to my radar and thought I’d get a fresh perspective on being a black mum etc . But I asked her to repost about how to be an ally to Palestinians as I thought activism was her usp. The next post up she says how she isn’t a mouthpiece / microphone for other ppls suffering. Like babe, I asked you to repost something on insta, not dig up dead Palestinian kids. So disappointed. It’s definitely one rule for her and quite another thing for her followers. Complete hypocrisy after spouting about the importance of highlighting and tackling colonialism/ oppression. If it’s not helping to line her pockets or help serve her narrative she doesn’t want to know. She thinks she’s such a bad bitch, but karma is the baddest

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Her captions are always so cryptic
They always remind me of when you do your GCSE English creative writing section and you write down a load of waffle in an attempt to bump up the word count and simultaneously sound sophisticated. I don't mean that in a nasty way, but I used to get second hand embarrassment reading some of her captions.

• Haha
  • Heart

LividLalji

VIP Member
Am I a horrible person for enjoying her downfall? Something about sitting there allowing an innocent woman get brought into and ripped apart for the candy show is disgusting. I’m glad the producer has made her apologise and I’m intrigued by who the person commenting above is as they got it spot on about the truth coming out soon

• Angry

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Who is her audience?
I am black myself and I was bullied by girls like Candice at school who would pull my hair thinking it was a wig and tell everyone I had fake hair, girls like Candice made my life like hell in primary and secondary school, seems like she is grew up just as mean

I will never support women like her as deep down they are bulllies

I have some wonderful black friends are successful and do not behave like her, Vitamin D project is a breath of fresh air

Same with Kelechi, a mean bully who now wants a space with the white people. Kelechi does not speak for me as a black women or many other other black women that I know

Also, is it not a bit hypocritical trying to be the black woman advocate and whatever else but you would never come close to a black man and has always been wanting a white Jewish man as she her previous exposed tweets show- referring to Kelechi, was even excited to be in New York once and was close to having orgasms as surrounding by a lot of Jewish men - okay maybe not orgasms but close enough

Candice and Kelechi are those mean girls in the playground that didnt want any other black women doing better than them as they were and continue to be intimidated by successful black women

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27