Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Late to this debate about the documentary/documentaries. When I saw Candice’s post yesterday I had two thoughts:

1. Candice made a living exploiting women. The issue about the disgraceful mortality rates amongst black women receiving maternity care is both a race issue and a women’s issue. Candice cannot advocate on behalf of women, given her history as an exploiter of women. She is also not nearly experienced enough; no amount of manifestation or crystal rubbing is going to give her the skill needed to present an important, hopefully revolutionary documentary on the BBC.

2. Rochelle is also not the right presenter. She has the skill, likeability and the reach. But having birthed in private hospitals and as a celebrity (who will be listened to by medical professionals in any setting), makes her far removed from the situation which is attributed to so many different things.

I would have liked to see a black woman who wasn’t British born present this. Someone who had learnt English as a second language. Alternatively someone like The Doctor Mummy who admittedly doesn’t have the media experience, but is a black mother who birthed and works within the NHS, and championed this from the start.
I agree with all of this. There are a whole host of Black and Brown health professionals on social media that would have been a better fit than either of these two. Yes Candice has spoken a lot about motherhood and has touched on Black maternal deaths a few times but she is still no expert. Shes an expert in pimpdom. She does have a lived experience of birth trauma however. Does that make her the best fit for thus show? Black women are 4x more likely to die and mixed race 3 x so it does affect the racial group that Rochelle sits in too. Its like its a competition of who is most likely to die. Rochelle has monetary privilege and so does Candice now. Neither are suited to the documentary and now we have a situation where one woman is getting sympathy over a documentary that she was never asked to present and the other, having just had a baby and probably feeling pretty vulnerable, is getting insane abuse on social media for not refusing to take part.

Colourism is real and rife in the UK, we know this. Its an issue that needs to be dealt with separately because at the moment, all the white media are doing is laughing at a bunch of Black people attacking each other over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Still absolutely baffles me how she can discuss structural racism, denied opportunities and the oppression of BME people in this country in the same breath as she talks about how she 'manifests' all of the wealth and opportunities she has.

Literally which one is it Candy? Are you affected by the world around you or can you just magic up everything you want? It absolutely boils my piss.

She's bordering on god complex territory on her latest caption, it's ridiculous.

• Heart

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
To add to this she seems to think she is exempt from being called up on making sweeping statements and gross generalisations about other minorities. Ignorance is (in her eyes and in her situation) her perfectly justifiable excuse. Yet no-one else is allowed the same priviledge. Its “educate youself, read up on it, do better” but also “dont be asking me because i cant be bothered to teach you unless you are going to pay me to talk.” It’s never about the actual cause, its always only about the coin with Candice. That is where her loyalties start and end. Money. She couldn’t give a rats ass about other peoples struggles unless she can monetise it or get attention from it in some way. She’s never the problematic one, always the victim.
She also trots out the line "you don't get to come into my space and tell me I'm wrong and I can delete you if you do to maintain my good vibe" line. Yes, we all have the right to have who we want in our social media space but you can't treat everyone who has a differing opinion to yours as racist or a troll or a bully.

How fucking narcissistic to only keep the comments that blow smoke up your arse.

I guarantee all of her white followers are shit scared of her because they don't want to be labelled a racist so they praise and praise and praise her and are grateful if she gives them a scrap of attention.

• Heart
  • Sick

Pommes

Chatty Member
6144BBA3-FF45-4B2E-BA53-F728F7685875.jpeg

Imagine showing off your expensive designer clothes, shoes and bags daily (sometimes with more than one #OOTD darlings), but sending your child into preschool with visible knees and scuffed shoes which look small. Shocking. I get ‘play clothes’ but this is unacceptable, for any day of the year… and today is his birthday!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Aboveallelse

Rochelle is a professional TV presenter and media personality. Candice is just a jumped up rogue influencer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Fucking hate the manifestation bull that's all over social media atm. Imagine going through financial hardship, worry, ill health, domestic violence, war, stress etc and then seeing posts like hers telling people she manifested her success/ money/ health. It's utter bullshit and I honestly don't know why people follow her. She's a professional gaslighter.

Why not be honest and say she was a pimp and from there she built her profile via the TV show and then capitalised on the blm openings. As a person of colour I can categorically say that she has done the cause more damage than good.

• Heart

NosyWelshCow

Bathroom tiles from Seville in her flat pack new build... That’s about as nouveau riche as it gets.

• Haha
  • Heart

Emsie

VIP Member
I'm sorry but I can't believe she thought she would be presenting a documentary. On the telly. Come on, it takes years to be able to present serious documentaries. Rochelle and Emma Willis are only just moving into it and they are already famous. Do people jump from insta to presenting?? Because most presenters maintain that it takes years for that jump it doesn't happen overnight and you have to take a few shit presenting jobs first...

• Heart

Wolf359

Chatty Member
She’s a typical influencer. Wants the moon on a stick for essentially titting about on Instagram.

• Heart
Don't follow her and I had no idea who Rochelle was until I googled. I also haven't read her book so don't know how much content is dedicated to Black maternal mortality, BUT, I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. Television is about an image, it isn't necessarily about who the best person is, it's about who has the best image for the TV production company. That has always been the case. Does anyone think that Louis Theroux (who I love BTW) is the best to confront issues of poverty in the UK, when he is from a middle class background, or drug/substance abuse?

If CB was told the documentary was hers then I can totally see why she is upset, but I can see why they have chosen Rochelle over her, and that is not taking her lighter skin into account. The image they both give off is very different, Rochelle comes across as much more palatable to the general public. CB didn't give a flying monkey about maternal health when she was making money from women's bodies. I follow a lot of Black women and the real champion of the cause is thedoctormummy, as an obs/gynae doctor from a very working class background she has rallied on and on about this, the documentary should be hers, but hey ho, production companies don't really care if the presenter/rep is entirely demographic or not. They are concerned about making money, not accurate representation.

• Heart

LividLalji

VIP Member
I haven’t watched it’s a sin and I haven’t read what she’s written about it but can we just remember that she threw her HIV positive mum under a bus in her book. I think her sister spoke out about how badly Candy treated their mum.

elttat

It's hilarious to me that she's whinging about 'the scales not being tipped in her favour' whilst being interrupted by the sounds of workmen renovating her already brand new bathroom in the new build house she owns.

A real toys out of the pram moment and a stunning example of her complete lack of ability to do any healthy self reflection.
However you may feel about CB, let's not undermine the reality of colourism in non-white communities by describing CB's experience of it as a "real toys out of the pram moment"... not sure what her owning her house has to do with the points that she raised.

I'm indifferent about CB (the stuff with her mum and sister rubbed me up the wrong way), but your comment seems quite tone deaf pal.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Lreb88

VIP Member
Candice was never asked to present it, she was simply asked last year to take part - as in, be a mum telling her story for Rochelle to interview. Rochelle was always going to present it from the start. Candice was clearly confused. Read her post again people, she didn't mention presenting it because she was never asked to, she just assumed that's what the programme makers wanted. She then snubbed the programme makers when they approached her again recently by saying she didn't want to just be featured as a mum telling her birth story, but wanted to present the whole show and if she couldn't take over Rochelles role then she didn't want to participate at all. Here we are.
Love it when someone comes on claiming to have the tea and is proved right! Well done @Beyondbored! 👏🏻

• Heart

Boobmarley

I watched it, hardly an exploited sex worker ! She admitted to loving it and boasted about the celebrity lifestyle being taken on yachts etc. Her and her friend were labelled as 'entrepreneurs'
I loooove that she reckons she was this high flying entrepreneur pimp being taken on yachts and jet setting around the world. Was she also popping diamond encrusted bottles of champagne with her butt cheeks for Jay-Z? What pills was Candy popping back then?? And didnt she also claim she was paid heavily just to go on strolls with men because she was so gifted at the art of seduction that her simply talking to them made them feel so special. Sure you did babe sure you did. Your conversational skills are just so rivetting and stimulating men literally jizz their pants at the verbal tirade that dribbles from your mouth 🤪 haaaaa!! Oh the laughs she does provide with her megalomania.

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Can't say I'm surprised the truth is very very different to what Candice tried to spin.

She's so similar to Jack Monroe.

• Heart

You better werk

Chatty Member
Candice lost some empathy points when her sister shared the video of her very ill mother sat in bed asking candice to stop sharing private information about her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Pommes

Chatty Member
The part I’m still not getting is since when has she been a TV presenter? She has zero experience in presenting. This is the bit that’s baffling me
Candice is whatever she manifests herself to be. She was an ‘author’ long before she wrote her book. It’s all in the crystals. 😉

• Haha

Emsie

VIP Member
I bet rochelle doesn't even know who candice is 😂 like you're on insta hun calm down.

• Haha