Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boobmarley

Best laugh I’ve had on tv for ages was Candice telling Lorraine this morning “I don’t get angry often Lorraine” 😂
Yeah god don’t ever be polite to her husband or she’ll rip your tonsils out from your vagina or your kidneys out from your bum hole... or whatever equally grotesque thing it was that she felt acceptable to threaten during her mature, professional, calm, zen like state. She doesn’t get angry often does our Candice. Just that when she does say over minor disagreements or indescretions she’s like hulk on acid fisting people up the nunny pulling internal organs out all over the show.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Amanda89ab

I don't think I've ever posted on here but had to come and make sure I wasn't the only not getting the collective outrage about a production company (ignoring the fact that it wasn't even the same one she'd been in talks with) picking a low risk, popular and experienced presenter over an influencer that has worked on a handful of episode of Lorraine.

Also on the point of her not being in control of the narrative, what does she think a production company actually does??

I think her story could have been a great addition to the show, and used it as an opportunity to demonstrate some broadcasting skills and grow her credibility but she's really shot herself in the foot.

Also feel like she could have redeemed herself to some extent with a public apology to Rochelle and the rest of the team that have had to endure a load of unwarranted abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

KitSnicket

Just watched her latest post. I would happily not give a job to her for hundreds of reasons, none of which involve skin colour.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Wetmyplants

VIP Member
It's incredibly unfair for pimp candice to say her blackness lost her jobs (esp those she was never even in the running for!). Let's not forget she's also got tons of jobs BECAUSE of her colour, but funnily enough she never wants to discuss those jobs.
Anything that doesn’t go CB’s way, is because of her blackness.

Obviously nothing to do with the fact she used to be a pimp/sex worker, has had multiple social media spats, slags off her seriously ill mother for the world to see, posts threats of violence online... anyone want to add to the list?

Rochelle got the job on her experience and lack of controversy.

Rmw2388

I don’t often post but have to add... she says she doesn’t want to offer her story when she has no control of the narrative yet if she were presenting would have happily used the stories of others?!

It's hilarious to me that she's whinging about 'the scales not being tipped in her favour' whilst being interrupted by the sounds of workmen renovating her already brand new bathroom in the new build house she owns.

A real toys out of the pram moment and a stunning example of her complete lack of ability to do any healthy self reflection.

• Heart
I followed candice around the time mrs meldrum used to her to make people think she wasn't racist. And I supported candice,thought she was bringing important conversations to insta and I thought she was quite stylish.
I can't put my finger on when exactly she because unlikeable but when those standard ads starting rolling in that all the other inata mommies were doing, she really changed. Got really money hungry and thought she was a mega star with her 30,000 followers.
My eyes were opened to CB when she went at me for asking a question about aptamil. I was like 🤔 steady on pal... that sure opened my eyes
For me it wasn't even about the money, that's cool, good for her I thought. I couldn't put my finger on it at first but then I realised that she is simply insincere, full of negativity, self righteous, not genuinely bothered about her followers (unless they're dark skin females of course), can't be objective when it comes to criticism and generally a Debbie Downer. There's this hidden element of spitefulness that is desperate to come out. Everything becomes too much and affects her mental health. Just gets on my nerves. She has just happened to have her traumatic birth story put in the limelight a couple of years ago, got some attention because of it, had a chat with MOD and thought "oh I can get attention and fame from this, let me become an activist for Black maternal health". The way people talk about her as though she is the no 1 guru of Black maternal health & mortality is laughable and quite frankly offensive to those health professionals out there doing the real research and work.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Why are people claiming Candice has the 'expertise'? Yes as a Black women she suffered serious complications so has first hand experience, but that in no way makes her the expert on what is a complex, multi-factorial issue. I'll say this again, presenters have never been required to have even had first hand experience, let alone been an expert on the topic.
This exactly, the only documentary Candice would be good for presenting and having editorial control is one about Candice. The fact that she refuses to participate unless she got a presenting roll does seem to back up that she doesn't care about raising awareness and the cause.

If she wants full editorial control then she should put together her own documentary and release it on her page, these things are easy and inexpensive to do these days.

She knew very well before her vague bait misleading comments at the weekend that she was never in the running. But she saw an opportunity to whip up attention and drag someone else for her own benefit.

• Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I haven't checked in on Candice in ages, but I wasn't surprised to see this, it's very reminiscent of Jack Monroe and Jamie Oliver.

The problem is social media is so reactionary now that she knew what she was doing by her cryptic post, it doesn't matter if a producer told her to straighten things out, the 'damage' is done, so to speak.

Lilistar

Let's face it Candice is a bloody pitbull. She plays the race card and this last year it's got her far. But her sense of fucking entitlement is insane! And nothing to do with any of the movements she claims to represent. As a woman of colour I find her absolutely abhorrent in every single way. She has a history of selling vulnerable, very young women. She has gaslighted her own dying mother, she's done fuck all for maternity health of black women except line her own pockets. I will celebrate EVERY decision which results in her losing out on jobs. I'm not a fan of Rochelle but I hope she's fuming and I hope the production companies remember that this is the real CB. She does not represent us in an way shape or form.
You're a woc but you use the term race card which is pretty offensive in itself. I suggest you look up that term and not use it again. Sorry but as a black woman it's a very upsetting loaded term used to silence black people as a whole when speaking about racism and anti blackness which is real, pervasive and something I deal with on a daily basis. It's not a "card" thrown out for no reason. There are better terms to use imo

• Heart
Reactions: 22

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I don’t often post but have to add... she says she doesn’t want to offer her story when she has no control of the narrative yet if she were presenting would have happily used the stories of others?!
well she had no qualms selling the bodies of others 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Good old Candice. Never fails to let you down with her typical bullish, nasty behaviour.

Decants vague information, watches everyone gets worked up on her behalf, causes someone to receive hassle and grief and abuse then comes back to say what she meant after the damage had been done.

Absolute cock.

All I ever seem to see is stories of Candice moaning and complaining. Has Rochelle not just been chosen as she is more famous so to the tv channel it will gain more views? Why does it always have to be about colour of skin? Same goes for any race or colour if someone is more famous they usually gain more views. Will smith for example or other stats would promote a film better than less famous stars. Is it really because she is “blacker” genuinely? I couldn’t care less the colour of either of their skin. Seems neither are qualified to talk about the subject. They’re both black so it’s more reasonable to have them presenting it. Saw Amber Gill saying she gets a lot of crap for being not fully black so isn’t allowed to fight for BLM when she was doing the protests etc 🤷‍♀️
Unfortunately colourism is a thing. Its existed in the back community since slavery (the lighter mixed race slaves were given nice jobs in the big house). Many mixed race people are stuck in a no man's land because they are not black nor white enough to fit anywhere. If Candice was genuinely outed at the last minute for Rochelle, I would say she has a point, although Rochelle is probably considered more aesthetically pleasing to the eye and still would be if she was dark skinned and CB light skinned. Rochelle also has more of a friendly countenance if we're going to go deep into it. Fact is, she was never going to present the show. It wasn't her 'idea', Black maternity activists have been talking about this issue for YEARS, way before CB popped up on IG. Anyway as I was saying, colourism DOES influence the media but not in this case. Sadly CB insinuating so has made her look silly as she had to admit that it wasn't her show. I wonder what her excuse would be if a dark skinned presenter got the role. Would she claim they've outed her for something else?

What I find funny is the people shouting loudest for Candice on twitter even now after she's posted to clear things see it as validation that they were right and she's been royalty screwed over. Peoole really can read anything and interpret it how they want to 😶

If anybody was looking to work with Candice for anything more serious than modeling fast fashion on Lorraine her antics with this show why they'd be justified to avoid her.
I think a lot of people who fawn over her actually fear her. This is the woman who threatened to rip another woman's throat through her vagina.

• Wow

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Ha I said this earlier in the thread... How do you jump from crappy bathroom makeover presenter to presenting a serious documentary about a serious issue. Bring on rochelle I say... It needs the views! And now, candice won't even tell her story on rochelle documentary which to me, shows it was never about awareness it was about fame. I'm hugely disappointed in her for that.
If this had been a documentary about cheese rolling and Candice had been offered £50K to present it she would have been all over it. It’s got nothing to do with the subject matter. She just wanted the money and the subsequent rise in profile. Everything she does is to benefit herself and generate income for herself. For the love of God, she profited off of selling the bodies of young vulnerable women! She’s got no morals whatsoever and publicly sold her own mother out! She’s an awful individual.

• Heart

Pommes

Chatty Member
Can you imagine being a producer and working with a ‘presenter’ (she of Lorraine Kelly fashion slot fame) who wants to “control the narrative”? CB would be such hard work.

• Haha

Ceecee3

I read CB's first book and found this thread after googling her name - grateful I did! She comes across much better in her first book then she does on social media where she isn't edited/filtered. It's pretty clear she is very performative in her activism and all about monetising. Her 'beef' with this show seems to be her trying to have her Slumflower moment and I hope for Rochelle's sake, it dies down soon.

I also found her statement post on IG to be quite inflammatory. One poster has replied saying something like "yes these stories should be told by black women" .... completing undermining/negating Rochelle's blackness. Yes, colourism exists but you can call that out without throwing hatred at other black women/woc who are lighter. As a woc myself, I encounter these attitudes a lot and it's so unhelpful to the wider conversation. CB is doing great things to create more divisions tbh.

• Heart