Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

elttat

Unfortunately colourism is a thing. Its existed in the back community since slavery (the lighter mixed race slaves were given nice jobs in the big house). Many mixed race people are stuck in a no man's land because they are not black nor white enough to fit anywhere. If Candice was genuinely outed at the last minute for Rochelle, I would say she has a point, although Rochelle is probably considered more aesthetically pleasing to the eye and still would be if she was dark skinned and CB light skinned. Rochelle also has more of a friendly countenance if we're going to go deep into it. Fact is, she was never going to present the show. It wasn't her 'idea', Black maternity activists have been talking about this issue for YEARS, way before CB popped up on IG. Anyway as I was saying, colourism DOES influence the media but not in this case. Sadly CB insinuating so has made her look silly as she had to admit that it wasn't her show. I wonder what her excuse would be if a dark skinned presenter got the role. Would she claim they've outed her for something else?
do you work in pr?