Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I first heard about tattle life, I thought it must be a bunch of illiterate half wits demonising people on social media for making a living. I must say, I've had more entertainment on here in the past day than what I've had in a week šŸ˜… You guys are really refreshing, honestly. There's more intellect on tattle than all of the social media platforms combined
Iā€™ve said this before but Tattle is pretty much the regulator of the influencers, and not deserving of the tit it gets from certain quarters of the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Can you imagine being a producer and working with a ā€˜presenterā€™ (she of Lorraine Kelly fashion slot fame) who wants to ā€œcontrol the narrativeā€? CB would be such hard work.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Iā€™d love to see her slot get dropped from Lorraine show over this. Also does Mark Heyes not present the fashion anymore what happened?

Reactions: 8
Let's face it Candice is a bloody pitbull. She plays the race card and this last year it's got her far. But her sense of bleeping entitlement is insane! And nothing to do with any of the movements she claims to represent. As a woman of colour I find her absolutely abhorrent in every single way. She has a history of selling vulnerable, very young women. She has gaslighted her own dying mother, she's done duck all for maternity health of black women except line her own pockets. I will celebrate EVERY decision which results in her losing out on jobs. I'm not a fan of Rochelle but I hope she's fuming and I hope the production companies remember that this is the real CB. She does not represent us in an way shape or form.
You're a woc but you use the term race card which is pretty offensive in itself. I suggest you look up that term and not use it again. Sorry but as a black woman it's a very upsetting loaded term used to silence black people as a whole when speaking about racism and anti blackness which is real, pervasive and something I deal with on a daily basis. It's not a "card" thrown out for no reason. There are better terms to use imo

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You're a woc but you use the term race card which is pretty offensive in itself. I suggest you look up that term and not use it again. Sorry but as a black woman it's a very upsetting loaded term used to silence black people as a whole when speaking about racism and anti blackness which is real, pervasive and something I deal with on a daily basis. It's not a "card" thrown out for no reason. There are better terms to use imo
I agree with you there. Whenever I hear the term 'race card' I think of an old white skinhead trolling on twitter.

Reactions: 8
I agree with you there. Whenever I hear the term 'race card' I think of an old white skinhead trolling on twitter.
I can assure you I'm not an old white skinhead. I detest people of colour who damage the movement to increase their visibility. Cb is abhorrent and I will use whatever terms and language I want to express my distaste. She has done more damage to us as a community than many white people have.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can assure you I'm not an old white skinhead. I detest people of colour who damage the movement to increase their visibility. Cb is abhorrent and I will use whatever terms and language I want to express my distaste. She has done more damage to us as a community than many white people have.
I wasn't personally attacking you and I know you're not an old white skin head šŸ˜… I was just referencing the term you used. I agree with you about Candice, all she has done is created more division and quite frankly its disgusting.

Reactions: 11
I wasn't personally attacking you and I know you're not an old white skin head šŸ˜… I was just referencing the term you used. I agree with you about Candice, all she has done is created more division and quite frankly its disgusting.
Noted, I apologise if my words were not that great. In retrospect I know why those terms can be upsetting, so please accept my apologies.

Yes, it's the division and aggression from cb that I hate too.

Has anyone seen The Vitamin D project or the doctor mummy say anything about Candice (in support or not)? Because they seem to just be ignoring her. The Vitamin D did a lovely dive into her moving from England to I think the country her grandparents are from, on the day this was all unfolding. It was actually a lovely distraction but I feel the silence is telling as to what she thinks about Candice. She did post one story perhaps about black mothers in general but nothing about the situation.
The doctor mummy just posted about a meeting with Birth Rights organisation talking about racial injustice in maternity, and sharing some of her random thoughts.
None of these seem to be indirect to Candice in anyway, but I think it speaks volumes that they haven't outright supported her. But I could be wrong so just wondering if anyone has seen anything!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone seen The Vitamin D project or the doctor mummy say anything about Candice (in support or not)? Because they seem to just be ignoring her. The Vitamin D did a lovely dive into her moving from England to I think the country her grandparents are from, on the day this was all unfolding. It was actually a lovely distraction but I feel the silence is telling as to what she thinks about Candice. She did post one story perhaps about black mothers in general but nothing about the situation.
The doctor mummy just posted about a meeting with Birth Rights organisation talking about racial injustice in maternity, and sharing some of her random thoughts.
None of these seem to be indirect to Candice in anyway, but I think it speaks volumes that they haven't outright supported her. But I could be wrong so just wondering if anyone has seen anything!
I noticed that The Doctor Mummy liked both Candiceā€™s and Rochelleā€™s first posts.

Interestingly Candice and The Vitamin D Project donā€™t seem to follow each other.

Reactions: 5
Noted, I apologise if my words were not that great. In retrospect I know why those terms can be upsetting, so please accept my apologies.

Yes, it's the division and aggression from cb that I hate too.
No and I doubt any obs & gynae doctor/midwife championing these projects will. They are too professional and too focused on the topic at hand to be involving themselves in influencer tittle tattle. A few of them have already participated in the show anyhow and will want to keep the attention on the cause. Doctor mummy has commented on CBs page though - Black woman to Black woman

Reactions: 7
Thank you both. I agree re: professionalism and wanting to keep the attention on the cause. Candice should look into that.
Did not notice that Africa & Candice don't follow each other, very interesting.

I noticed that The Doctor Mummy liked both Candiceā€™s and Rochelleā€™s first posts.

Interestingly Candice and The Vitamin D Project donā€™t seem to follow each other.
Love Africa - also really enjoyed her deep dive into her family history/experiences growing up over the weekend.

She once said on a live that there's a Black mummy blogger who she doesn't get on with or words to that effecct - she said she's never going to name her or sit online and shame her but that's that.
After seeing that she doesn't follow CB and has never mentioned her, I'm convinced it's her.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Totally off topic but I love Africa. When I redo my kitchen Iā€™m going to do it like hers. And maybe my bathroom too!
If it ever turned out that she was an instatwat like the others, I would be genuinely heartbroken.

Reactions: 12
Totally off topic but I love Africa. When I redo my kitchen Iā€™m going to do it like hers. And maybe my bathroom too!
If it ever turned out that she was an instatwat like the others, I would be genuinely heartbroken.
Would like to think that would never happen - she seems far too principled and secure in herself tbh! Like genuinely principled... not in a fake way

I love Africa too, really looking forward to hearing more about her travels tonight, I think she needs her own thread. Quite surprised though that she's still redecorating even though they are planning to move soon.
She has never followed CB, the doctormummy though is a great champion behind her, she always comments on her posts in support. I actually came across Ria as CB signposted towards her back in the day when she wasn't all about herself. Again I'll say if anyone 'deserves' the role of presenter it is her.

Reactions: 4
Another one that loves Africa, her ethos of sustainable / mindful consumption, no labels, reusing / repurposing, etc are at direct odds with CBā€™s ghastly conduct tbh. Iā€™d love to see Africa see that horrid bathroom* šŸ˜‚

*please donā€™t tell me off for discussing the taps x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She once said on a live that there's a Black mummy blogger who she doesn't get on with or words to that effecct - she said she's never going to name her or sit online and shame her but that's that.
After seeing that she doesn't follow CB and has never mentioned her, I'm convinced it's her.
I'd love to know what may have happened between them. Back in the day when CB did her Pillow Talk lives Africa always joined in the comments. CB also gushed over Africa's children after meeting at an event.

• Wow
If that live was fairly recently, I don't think the woman she was referring to was CB. It was a woman who sold some sort of business advice or similar that Africa said was exploiting vulnerable Black women.

Reactions: 3