Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think it’s bad that they told her she couldn’t present it because they basically want someone who’s less knowledgeable on the subject? That’s a crappy and a bad way to handle a sensitive topic, so I can see why people are pissed there, especially since Candice has the range for this type of thing and Rochelle doesn’t.

On the other hand, it was very misleading to tell people she was supposed to be presenting it when she wasn’t. And they did say there was an opportunity to make a similar documentary later.

Personally I think there could be room for two documentar

Reactions: 3
Am I a horrible person for enjoying her downfall? Something about sitting there allowing an innocent woman get brought into and ripped apart for the candy show is disgusting. I’m glad the producer has made her apologise and I’m intrigued by who the person commenting above is as they got it spot on about the truth coming out soon

• Angry
Reactions: 28
The presenter doesn’t need to have been part of the issue and can still be part of an all black team.
I meant the production team is all black (wasn't including the presenter - whomever they were - in this btw).

How embarrassing that there were 2 completely different production companies. I think Candice has been very unprofessional in not fact checking before going in on Rochelle Humes. I can’t imagine that any producers will be jumping to work with her after this outburst. Like it or not, Rochelle Humes is an accomplished presenter and will attract a broad audience whilst handling the issue sensitively. The colour of her skin is irrelevant.
I agree that CB should've fact-checked. Especially with her platform and following. When you're a big name, you've got to be careful about this stuff. I reckon she was probably threatened with legal action, hence the Notes apology...

That being said, the colour of her skin (CB and RH) is relevant to those who are the subject of the documentary (and others who aren't) as we've seen from the responses on social media.

Even Afua Hirsch - a mixed race woman herself - commented (in response to this debacle) about the need for a proper conversation about colourism and gatekeeping in the media.

Reactions: 2
The presenter doesn’t need to have been part of the issue and can still be part of an all black team.
I'm not media savvy but surely most people know that that is not how media works? It is rife with cut throat nepotism, it isn't a charitable association, their MO is to make as much money as possible. Even Black people (shock, horror) can think like this. Historically presenters are not affected by the issues they cover, only fairly recently has it become an issue about able bodied presenters covering topics that affect people with disabilities. The media has never been and probably never will be about fair representation.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Am I a horrible person for enjoying her downfall? Something about sitting there allowing an innocent woman get brought into and ripped apart for the candy show is disgusting. I’m glad the producer has made her apologise and I’m intrigued by who the person commenting above is as they got it spot on about the truth coming out soon
No you’re not. Read a few of the comments underneath her last Instagram post. Calling her gracious and a queen. And posting with grace. Odd no one calls her a liar at worst or plain mistaken at best

I do think it’s bad that they told her she couldn’t present it because they basically want someone who’s less knowledgeable on the subject? That’s a crappy and a bad way to handle a sensitive topic, so I can see why people are pissed there, especially since Candice has the range for this type of thing and Rochelle doesn’t.

On the other hand, it was very misleading to tell people she was supposed to be presenting it when she wasn’t. And they did say there was an opportunity to make a similar documentary later.

Personally I think there could be room for two documentar
Yeah it's all super murky. Part of me wants to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she didn't know there were 2 docs in the works and was genuinely confused. Because I don't understand how someone with a huge following could make a false (??) claim online and not expect it to attract attention. It's a hugeee risk.

I also wonder when she was told there could be an opportunity to make a similar doc? Like today? (I'm assuming she spoke to the producer today?

Reactions: 1
I didn't see her apologize? She said she has been asked to clarify; but has turned it into a pity party and 'I'm not going to wallow, better things are coming'. To apologize would be her admitting that she has been responsible for her mistake, and she's not going to do that.

Reactions: 16
I didn't see her apologize? She said she has been asked to clarify; but has turned it into a pity party and 'I'm not going to wallow, better things are coming'. To apologize would be her admitting that she has been responsible for her mistake, and she's not going to do that.
I wonder what the legal ramifications would be of her apologising (and essentially admitting guilt). Like could she be done for libel? :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Candice was never asked to present it, she was simply asked last year to take part - as in, be a mum telling her story for Rochelle to interview. Rochelle was always going to present it from the start. Candice was clearly confused. Read her post again people, she didn't mention presenting it because she was never asked to, she just assumed that's what the programme makers wanted. She then snubbed the programme makers when they approached her again recently by saying she didn't want to just be featured as a mum telling her birth story, but wanted to present the whole show and if she couldn't take over Rochelles role then she didn't want to participate at all. Here we are.
Love it when someone comes on claiming to have the tea and is proved right! Well done @Beyondbored! 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I wonder what the legal ramifications would be of her apologising (and essentially admitting guilt). Like could she be done for libel? :eek:
To me she should be having a serious word with her agent too (She might actually blame them if she's backed into a corner). If she honestly thought she was presenting, her agent would have all of the details and should have let her know that she had crossed her wires (assuming it was a genuine mistake on CB's part).

Reactions: 8
To me she should be having a serious word with her agent too (She might actually blame them if she's backed into a corner). If she honestly thought she was presenting, her agent would have all of the details and should have let her know that she had crossed her wires (assuming it was a genuine mistake on CB's part).
Surely if she was going to be the presenter, there would have been conversations about this between her/her management/the production company and paperwork/contra acts etc would have at least been passed around.

Maybe the producers just don’t want a former pimp fronting their program?

Sorry poor choice of words 😂 of course candy wouldn’t apologise. I meant clarify? I think anyway. I don’t know 🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
Love it when someone comes on claiming to have the tea and is proved right! Well done @Beyondbored! 👏🏻
Well I couldn't stand seeing all the hate aimed at Rochelle like, she's done nothing wrong, regardless of her presenting skills. Lets hope the main topic at hand can now be the main focus as opposed to candice B's ego.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It was when they said “Don't worry about that. The programme makers will release a full statement soon to confirm” when someone asked how they knew that cemented my love for this person 😂🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Imagine the phone call, I hope they gave her a bollocking 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t often post but have to add... she says she doesn’t want to offer her story when she has no control of the narrative yet if she were presenting would have happily used the stories of others?!

Reactions: 23
God I've enjoyed that post of hers too much.
And that's what you get for lying folks.

Reactions: 13
She clearly knew they were different docs, how could you possibly not. Yet somehow still makes out like she's a victim for lying

Do we think she will do her fashion segment when Rochelle next presents Lorraine then?!!

I don’t often post but have to add... she says she doesn’t want to offer her story when she has no control of the narrative yet if she were presenting would have happily used the stories of others?!
Indeed. Sounds like a familiar pattern of behaviour right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6