Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 4
It reflects very badly on Candice and her followers that she's caused a pile on and hidden the comments on her own feed. That's the kinda reason she would be booted out of projects that affect multiple peoples work. They want someone trouble free and she's proved exactly why she shouldn't have got it.

These jobs in the media always never have been given on merit and often have the vapid and clueless presenters. Nothing new there.
You’ve said this better than I could. Taking away all of the issues, personally I do think it’s because of how Candice can sometimes act. With this for example, she didn’t have to say anything about how she thought the documentary was hers. She should instead help raise awareness of a disgusting issue which shouldn’t exist

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Candice seems to think that disgusting statistic belongs to her. It doesn't, she didn't discover it. The idea of a documentary about a stat that's got so much attention is so obvious I'm sure anyone can say it was theirs. Many people probably had the same idea. They went with another presenter and I'm not surprised with her pimping and disgusting behaviour. Makes it look even more like she doesn't actually care about the issue and only cares about her own popularity and money.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You’ve said this better than I could. Taking away all of the issues, personally I do think it’s because of how Candice can sometimes act. With this for example, she didn’t have to say anything about how she thought the documentary was hers. She should instead help raise awareness of a disgusting issue which shouldn’t exist
I originally thought this too but having read more comments and twitter content, it appears that she had spent months on this project then they ghosted her.
Obviously we don’t know the full truth, but she wrote the book...then if she took the idea to a production company and worked on it with them to be replaced at the last minute I can totally understand her anger!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I originally thought this too but having read more comments and twitter content, it appears that she had spent months on this project then they ghosted her.
Obviously we don’t know the full truth, but she wrote the book...then if she took the idea to a production company and worked on it with them to be replaced at the last minute I can totally understand her anger!
It’s so hard, I see both sides and anyone would be angry in that situation. Hopefully the awareness gets back to the producers and something is done. But it’s also something that she could have don’t quietly and I honestly think it does also come back to the money for her

Reactions: 3
I’m not a particular fan of Candice’s purely because her style of writing grates on me but it seems the BBC approached her, got all of her insight and thoughts and then ditched her for someone light skinned and more attractive. That’s just abhorrent, particularly considering the subject matter.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Don't follow her and I had no idea who Rochelle was until I googled. I also haven't read her book so don't know how much content is dedicated to Black maternal mortality, BUT, I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. Television is about an image, it isn't necessarily about who the best person is, it's about who has the best image for the TV production company. That has always been the case. Does anyone think that Louis Theroux (who I love BTW) is the best to confront issues of poverty in the UK, when he is from a middle class background, or drug/substance abuse?

If CB was told the documentary was hers then I can totally see why she is upset, but I can see why they have chosen Rochelle over her, and that is not taking her lighter skin into account. The image they both give off is very different, Rochelle comes across as much more palatable to the general public. CB didn't give a flying monkey about maternal health when she was making money from women's bodies. I follow a lot of Black women and the real champion of the cause is thedoctormummy, as an obs/gynae doctor from a very working class background she has rallied on and on about this, the documentary should be hers, but hey ho, production companies don't really care if the presenter/rep is entirely demographic or not. They are concerned about making money, not accurate representation.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Where's the proof that Candice has worked hard on this?
Rochelle's message seems to indicate it's very early in the process so not much has been done.
did Candice just have a few interviews and they didn't pick her? For what it's worth I think both women are terrible. But it was just the presenter of it reading other people's words so end product doubtful will be much different. There's far better people than Candice and Rochelle for the job!

Reactions: 9
Candice was never asked to present it, she was simply asked last year to take part - as in, be a mum telling her story for Rochelle to interview. Rochelle was always going to present it from the start. Candice was clearly confused. Read her post again people, she didn't mention presenting it because she was never asked to, she just assumed that's what the programme makers wanted. She then snubbed the programme makers when they approached her again recently by saying she didn't want to just be featured as a mum telling her birth story, but wanted to present the whole show and if she couldn't take over Rochelles role then she didn't want to participate at all. Here we are.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Does seem unfair - but maybe having Rochelle Humes, who has recently had a baby and is well known , might get more viewers. The idea that Humes is an investigative reporter is laughable, having seen her giggling on This Morning. Maybe, just maybe, the production company concluded that Candice might be difficult to work with.

Reactions: 5
Don't follow her and I had no idea who Rochelle was until I googled. I also haven't read her book so don't know how much content is dedicated to Black maternal mortality, BUT, I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. Television is about an image, it isn't necessarily about who the best person is, it's about who has the best image for the TV production company. That has always been the case. Does anyone think that Louis Theroux (who I love BTW) is the best to confront issues of poverty in the UK, when he is from a middle class background, or drug/substance abuse?

If CB was told the documentary was hers then I can totally see why she is upset, but I can see why they have chosen Rochelle over her, and that is not taking her lighter skin into account. The image they both give off is very different, Rochelle comes across as much more palatable to the general public. CB didn't give a flying monkey about maternal health when she was making money from women's bodies. I follow a lot of Black women and the real champion of the cause is thedoctormummy, as an obs/gynae doctor from a very working class background she has rallied on and on about this, the documentary should be hers, but hey ho, production companies don't really care if the presenter/rep is entirely demographic or not. They are concerned about making money, not accurate representation.
Really?! Weren't you a fan of the Saturdays? :eek: They had some great hits back in the day... lol

Great point about Louis Theroux - he comes from a very well connected family.

Candice was never asked to present it, she was simply asked last year to take part - as in, be a mum telling her story for Rochelle to interview. Rochelle was always going to present it from the start. Candice was clearly confused. Read her post again people, she didn't mention presenting it because she was never asked to, she just assumed that's what the programme makers wanted. She then snubbed the programme makers when they approached her again recently by saying she didn't want to just be featured as a mum telling her birth story, but wanted to present the whole show and if she couldn't take over Rochelles role then she didn't want to participate at all. Here we are.
Very interesting... where did you get this info from?

I do think it'd be very stupid of her to make a statement (especially as someone with a platform and seemingly loyal following) if this was in fact the case.

Reactions: 2
Really?! Weren't you a fan of the Saturdays? :eek: They had some great hits back in the day... lol

Great point about Louis Theroux - he comes from a very well connected family.

Interesting... where did you get this from?
Don't worry about that. The programme makers will release a full statement soon to confirm.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Yel

Now this feels like the true story. Lots of the posts I've seen on twitter and their narrative doesn't add up.

Reactions: 20
Hm I get where Candice is coming from and why she is disappointed but surely the message is more important than the presenter? I mean the instagram gossip pages have picked up on it and now its basically pitting women against each other and people refusing to watch it if Rochelle presents it... surely defeating the purpose of the documentary altogether which is a shame.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I also think that that doula is right. This shouldn't be the cause of enmity and infighting between Black women. I also think that this is such a pertinent issue that needs to be addressed, and whoever has the biggest reach is likely to make the most impact, and that is the most important thing here. It was like when Amanda Holden spoke out about stillbirth compared to Sally down the street; Amanda was able to create much more awareness which is the whole point. From looking Rochelle has x10 the following that CB does.

Reactions: 12