Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I'd forgotten about that one!

This sums it up. After the scales fell from my eyes i said she was the Black version of Cash Carraway.
Cash was an absolute tit too.

I swear Candice causes more harm than good for anything she gets involved with.

I just scrolled through the “Rochelle” trending topic on Twitter. It’s horrible.
And how many of those tweeters were hash tagging "be kind" this time last year or at any time someone is critical of them?!

Reactions: 14
when was this?! :eek:
If I recall properly, Candice was holding her daughter’s hand while walking down the street ranting, raving and filming herself. Then she thought it would be a good idea to upload to Instagram.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I feel a bit sorry for Rochelle Humes here. She’s being torn to shreds on Twitter.

I absolutely appreciate the view that they should have used a black woman to present the documentary but CB isn’t a TV presenter or a documentary maker so slightly perturbed that people think she should have been first choice. They don’t usually use an academic or expert on a subject for example to present a documentary; they may contribute but it’s usually fronted by someone with experience.
I saw a tweet which noted that it's often men with direct experience used to front docs about certain things. Like David Attenborough and the physician guy - can't remember his name.

That said, there's also cases of men who present that have no relation to the topic at hand, like Ross Kemp (aside from playing a baddie in Eastenders)

Reactions: 5
I saw a tweet which noted that it's often men with direct experience used to front docs about certain things. Like David Attenborough and the physician guy - can't remember his name.

That said, there's also cases of men who present that have no relation to the topic at hand, like Ross Kemp (aside from playing a baddie in Eastenders)
And if there's a doc about hard men or gangs, they dust off and wheel out Danny Dyer too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On her insta stories. She'd had a phone call from the school to say that a child in her daughter's class said to her she couldn't play with her as her skin was too dark. CB said she wanted to do the above to the girl's mother. A very upsetting incident obviously, but she didn't even know the girl or her mother. It was also a very bad idea to film this.

ETA: I'm not 100% sure that it was in relation to this event, but it was definitely said about some woman.
She was saying this on stories whilst walking. Then she changed the view from herself to her daughter who was walking next to her so heard everything!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Regardless of the truth behind the doc, candice has incited the content on social media against rochelle right now. She should be held entirely accountable and publicly apologise to Rochelle for this

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Rochelle is an excellent presenter.

Candice is a pimp, I wish the media would actually look into her past. If she was a man, she would have been thrown on the heap a long time ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t think Candice needs to apologies she didn’t mention Rochelle’s name until she clarified that there were two separate docs and that Rochelle’s doc was the one that got commissioned. Personally I rather watch Candice version as her would have a lot more empathy and depth as she has lived through this experience and raised awareness. I’m afraid Rochelle should have never accepted the offer to present this documentary as she will not be in the same position as these women.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Late to this debate about the documentary/documentaries. When I saw Candice’s post yesterday I had two thoughts:

1. Candice made a living exploiting women. The issue about the disgraceful mortality rates amongst black women receiving maternity care is both a race issue and a women’s issue. Candice cannot advocate on behalf of women, given her history as an exploiter of women. She is also not nearly experienced enough; no amount of manifestation or crystal rubbing is going to give her the skill needed to present an important, hopefully revolutionary documentary on the BBC.

2. Rochelle is also not the right presenter. She has the skill, likeability and the reach. But having birthed in private hospitals and as a celebrity (who will be listened to by medical professionals in any setting), makes her far removed from the situation which is attributed to so many different things.

I would have liked to see a black woman who wasn’t British born present this. Someone who had learnt English as a second language. Alternatively someone like The Doctor Mummy who admittedly doesn’t have the media experience, but is a black mother who birthed and works within the NHS, and championed this from the start.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Candice lost some empathy points when her sister shared the video of her very ill mother sat in bed asking candice to stop sharing private information about her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Late to this debate about the documentary/documentaries. When I saw Candice’s post yesterday I had two thoughts:

1. Candice made a living exploiting women. The issue about the disgraceful mortality rates amongst black women receiving maternity care is both a race issue and a women’s issue. Candice cannot advocate on behalf of women, given her history as an exploiter of women. She is also not nearly experienced enough; no amount of manifestation or crystal rubbing is going to give her the skill needed to present an important, hopefully revolutionary documentary on the BBC.

2. Rochelle is also not the right presenter. She has the skill, likeability and the reach. But having birthed in private hospitals and as a celebrity (who will be listened to by medical professionals in any setting), makes her far removed from the situation which is attributed to so many different things.

I would have liked to see a black woman who wasn’t British born present this. Someone who had learnt English as a second language. Alternatively someone like The Doctor Mummy who admittedly doesn’t have the media experience, but is a black mother who birthed and works within the NHS, and championed this from the start.
Can I ask why?

Reactions: 1
Rochelle is fronting this documentary because she's black and famous.
I know she's mixed race but the world will view her as black. I can totally see why she has been chosen, whether I agree with it or not. Tbh it would have great if candice did appear and talk about her experiences rather than throw her toys out the pram because surely the most important thing is to get the message out there and we can only do this by more and more black women with following coming forward and telling the white world what is going on.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
On her insta stories. She'd had a phone call from the school to say that a child in her daughter's class said to her she couldn't play with her as her skin was too dark. CB said she wanted to do the above to the girl's mother. A very upsetting incident obviously, but she didn't even know the girl or her mother. It was also a very bad idea to film this.

ETA: I'm not 100% sure that it was in relation to this event, but it was definitely said about some woman.
Yes, exactly this. She was filming while walking down the street and then panned the camera down so that we all could see Esme was there witnessing this behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Why is Candice so famous? I only think she got famous at the back of BLM in the Summer. If this presenter role was never given to her why make it into something big? And thats what makes the whole thing sad, she was not selected to present at all

Why is Candice so famous? I only think she got famous at the back of BLM in the Summer. If this presenter role was never given to her why make it into something big? And thats what makes the whole thing sad, she was not selected to present at all
I don’t think that’s fair to say wrt Candice or tbh any black #influencer, BLM’s UK moment in June meant brands could no longer get away with being vile and only engaging the all white all middle class Insta mama crew so inevitably more black insta mamas got roles. I’ve seen black influencers who refuse to work with brands that aren’t properly doing the work behind the scenes (eg actual board level diversity, diversity reps in their HQs, working within black communities etc) and we’ve seen black influencers partnering with everyone who asks. Just because Candice doesn’t turn down this new influx of work doesn’t mean BLM “made” her, especially as she was already getting #sponcon beforehand. I think her accoubt really grew when it came out Clemmie Hooper had been trolling her, I’m only on mobile else I’d look at her social blade to see how many followers she gained November 2019 as that’ll be a huge part of it.

ETA - sorry I’m not having a go, but if we’re not on the boring white mama threads saying how white supremacy / mediocrity made them (which is true?) we shouldn’t say BLM made CB? I do dislike her btw I think being a pimp just to buy a ghastly ugly colour Chanel from a budget reseller is reprehensible but we’ve gotta be careful here? x

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I don’t think that’s fair to say wrt Candice or tbh any black #influencer, BLM’s UK moment in June meant brands could no longer get away with being vile and only engaging the all white all middle class Insta mama crew so inevitably more black insta mamas got roles. I’ve seen black influencers who refuse to work with brands that aren’t properly doing the work behind the scenes (eg actual board level diversity, diversity reps in their HQs, working within black communities etc) and we’ve seen black influencers partnering with everyone who asks. Just because Candice doesn’t turn down this new influx of work doesn’t mean BLM “made” her, especially as she was already getting #sponcon beforehand. I think her accoubt really grew when it came out Clemmie Hooper had been trolling her, I’m only on mobile else I’d look at her social blade to see how many followers she gained November 2019 as that’ll be a huge part of it.

ETA - sorry I’m not having a go, but if we’re not on the boring white mama threads saying how white supremacy / mediocrity made them (which is true?) we shouldn’t say BLM made CB? I do dislike her btw I think being a pimp just to buy a ghastly ugly colour Chanel from a budget reseller is reprehensible but we’ve gotta be careful here? x
No I agree those white boring mothers get sponsorships and millions of followers as they are white, they do the most mediocre work and its called work. Whilst other mothers black or brown put so much work into a grid and its not enough for payment only exposure. Same can be said for white fitness influencers. So I understand

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Candice seems to think that disgusting statistic belongs to her. It doesn't, she didn't discover it. The idea of a documentary about a stat that's got so much attention is so obvious I'm sure anyone can say it was theirs. Many people probably had the same idea. They went with another presenter and I'm not surprised with her pimping and disgusting behaviour. Makes it look even more like she doesn't actually care about the issue and only cares about her own popularity and money.
I don't know if you've read her book but Candice explains in detail what happened after the birth of her daughter, when her treatment was extremely subpar, she wasn't listened to, and nearly died. As far as I know, this didn't happen to Rochelle. The statistic might not "belong" to Candice but she very nearly fell into it through no fault of her own. As far as I'm aware, Rochelle did not experience the same treatment in her private hospital births. Saying that Candice doesn't actually care about the issue is an incredible reach when she went through the traumatic experience she did, and has - like her or not - been speaking out on this issue for a very long time.

• Heart