Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMHO Candice is a thoughtless, hot-tempered, hot mess; The first rule of showbiz is to be NICE to people no matter how many rejections you get, and how hurt your feelings are. It's about making connections, and through those - other connections. The production companies, Rochelle, her husband, her family and friends, the agents involved, ALL of them will remember Candice's knee-jerk response, the co-ordinated pile-on that resulted and all the chaos that ensued. She'd better hope that they have short attention spans because Rochelle is well-liked and knows a lot of influential people.

Being a loudmouth rage-monster tends to lose people respect and jobs.
It will be interesting to see what happens from here..

Reactions: 7
It appears she has amassed a cult like collective on Instagram with people kissing her backside left right and centre, despite the fact that she's exploited women herself during her time as a sexworker/madam, and has now thrown Rochelle under a bus for doing nothing! I wish people would take the time to Google her as a lot of her new fans are only seeing her at face value. There are better ways to out yourself as a great woman without dragging another one down. My respect for her has nosed dived dramatically in recent times, I actually used to think she was alright. Her subtle humblebragging, moaning and pointing the finger at everyone else is exasperating.
I was definitely one of those people that ate up her hype when I only casually followed her and read her book. I saw her as giving a voice to some really important stuff. But she has a new controversy every other day so I started looking into them and noticing a pattern: she champions very valid causes but if she can't be centred in the narrative of the cause, she lashes out.
I don't think she is always losing out on things due to her race, I think she is vying for race based platforms and sometimes other people fit that platform better (e.g. Rochelle/white allies) and rather than supporting another BW involved in promoting education on this issue; she is hellbent on devaluing Rochelle.
When you tear down the very things you champion because they don't benefit you... what does that mean?
It's really frustrating to see more people aren't connecting these dots in her patterns and calling her out. She constantly gets away with it.
Glad I found this thread because her IG comments were making me feel so gaslighted.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I was definitely one of those people that ate up her hype when I only casually followed her and read her book. I saw her as giving a voice to some really important stuff. But she has a new controversy every other day so I started looking into them and noticing a pattern: she champions very valid causes but if she can't be centred in the narrative of the cause, she lashes out.
I don't think she is always losing out on things due to her race, I think she is vying for race based platforms and sometimes other people fit that platform better (e.g. Rochelle/white allies) and rather than supporting another BW involved in promoting education on this issue; she is hellbent on devaluing Rochelle.
When you tear down the very things you champion because they don't benefit you... what does that mean?
It's really frustrating to see more people aren't connecting these dots in her patterns and calling her out. She constantly gets away with it.
Glad I found this thread because her IG comments were making me feel so gaslighted.
I honestly don’t know how she’s got to where she is or how/why people swallow her bullshit. She’s awful. She’s full of her own self importance, thinks she’s super intelligent and that she’s the voice of a generation with all her bizzare convoluted over the top guff she posts where it sounds like she’s vomited a thesaurus out of her arse. She’s not likeable in anyway, she’s loud, obnoxious, vulgar and so unbelievably fake. Nothing about her is sincere or genuine. Everything she does/says is in the pursuit of money.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
When I first heard about tattle life, I thought it must be a bunch of illiterate half wits demonising people on social media for making a living. I must say, I've had more entertainment on here in the past day than what I've had in a week 😅 You guys are really refreshing, honestly. There's more intellect on tattle than all of the social media platforms combined

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I followed candice around the time mrs meldrum used to her to make people think she wasn't racist. And I supported candice,thought she was bringing important conversations to insta and I thought she was quite stylish.
I can't put my finger on when exactly she because unlikeable but when those standard ads starting rolling in that all the other inata mommies were doing, she really changed. Got really money hungry and thought she was a mega star with her 30,000 followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My eyes were opened to CB when she went at me for asking a question about aptamil. I was like 🤔 steady on pal... that sure opened my eyes

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I don't think I've ever posted on here but had to come and make sure I wasn't the only not getting the collective outrage about a production company (ignoring the fact that it wasn't even the same one she'd been in talks with) picking a low risk, popular and experienced presenter over an influencer that has worked on a handful of episode of Lorraine.

Also on the point of her not being in control of the narrative, what does she think a production company actually does??

I think her story could have been a great addition to the show, and used it as an opportunity to demonstrate some broadcasting skills and grow her credibility but she's really shot herself in the foot.

Also feel like she could have redeemed herself to some extent with a public apology to Rochelle and the rest of the team that have had to endure a load of unwarranted abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also feel like she could have redeemed herself to some extent with a public apology to Rochelle and the rest of the team that have had to endure a load of unwarranted abuse.
The excuse for the absence of the apology will be that her SM is in the hand of a “PA”, so she doesn’t have control of what’s posted.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I followed candice around the time mrs meldrum used to her to make people think she wasn't racist. And I supported candice,thought she was bringing important conversations to insta and I thought she was quite stylish.
I can't put my finger on when exactly she because unlikeable but when those standard ads starting rolling in that all the other inata mommies were doing, she really changed. Got really money hungry and thought she was a mega star with her 30,000 followers.
My eyes were opened to CB when she went at me for asking a question about aptamil. I was like 🤔 steady on pal... that sure opened my eyes
For me it wasn't even about the money, that's cool, good for her I thought. I couldn't put my finger on it at first but then I realised that she is simply insincere, full of negativity, self righteous, not genuinely bothered about her followers (unless they're dark skin females of course), can't be objective when it comes to criticism and generally a Debbie Downer. There's this hidden element of spitefulness that is desperate to come out. Everything becomes too much and affects her mental health. Just gets on my nerves. She has just happened to have her traumatic birth story put in the limelight a couple of years ago, got some attention because of it, had a chat with MOD and thought "oh I can get attention and fame from this, let me become an activist for Black maternal health". The way people talk about her as though she is the no 1 guru of Black maternal health & mortality is laughable and quite frankly offensive to those health professionals out there doing the real research and work.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This explains it better than I can, with Tweets and receipts.
OMG that’s bizarre. She thought she had her hat in the ring? When Jamie Oliver Productions pitched “Keep Cooking ... with Jamie Oliver”... I think they had just one person in mind and I think that person was, funnily enough, Jamie Oliver...?? Brilliantly deluded.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The part I’m still not getting is since when has she been a TV presenter? She has zero experience in presenting. This is the bit that’s baffling me

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The part I’m still not getting is since when has she been a TV presenter? She has zero experience in presenting. This is the bit that’s baffling me
Candice is whatever she manifests herself to be. She was an ‘author’ long before she wrote her book. It’s all in the crystals. 😉

• Haha
Who needs experience, when you can manifest it out of thin air? No need to work for anything, just rub a rose quartz and it drops in your lap.

She and Jack Monroe are cut from the same cloth and it has ‘narcissist’ printed all over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Let's face it Candice is a bloody pitbull. She plays the race card and this last year it's got her far. But her sense of bleeping entitlement is insane! And nothing to do with any of the movements she claims to represent. As a woman of colour I find her absolutely abhorrent in every single way. She has a history of selling vulnerable, very young women. She has gaslighted her own dying mother, she's done duck all for maternity health of black women except line her own pockets. I will celebrate EVERY decision which results in her losing out on jobs. I'm not a fan of Rochelle but I hope she's fuming and I hope the production companies remember that this is the real CB. She does not represent us in an way shape or form.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I bet rochelle doesn't even know who candice is 😂 like you're on insta hun calm down.

• Haha