Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosemarina

VIP Member
So, I hope she doesn’t read this because I’ll feel like a right dick, but I recently met up with a friend I hadn’t seen for about 3 years. I’ve been quite worried about seeing people again after all this time because I’ve gained weight and I feel I’ve aged quite a bit too. I stopped having Botox and fillers due to the pandemic, then never went back and just hid behind masks for a bit.

ANYWAY, after we’d met up she texted me to ask who’d done my Botox/fillers because she wanted a recommendation. (She’s never had anything like that done before.) Didn’t believe me when I said it had been over 3 years since I’d had either! (I mean, maybe she was just being kind 😀.) I guess the NuFace/Ziip must be doing something after all? That or the weight gain has padded out my face a bit.

(Just realised that might look really arrogant, but I meant to convey that it was a nice surprise. I still look like a potato 😀.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Carapop

VIP Member
Thanks folks!

i made a mammoth order (e200) with Paula’s choice in June after being recommended the BHA here.

I’m still waiting to receive it!

i didn’t think twice about the wait until there was nothing after a month

I’m in Ireland so well used to brexit causing lags

paula’s choice say they can only investigate within a two week window and I’ve waited too long. DHL (the couriers in question) have told me they can’t speak with me directly, only the business. I was on hold with them for 90mins yesterday. Dealing with their Netherlands office.

i think I may need to accept I’m not getting this famous BHA 😢
status update!

I submitted a report on PayPal last week thanks to the wonderful advice of my beloved tattlers.

yesterday, Paula’s choice contacted me to advise that the DHL courier has confirmed they’d misplaced the package. And they would be issuing me a new one

once bitten, now shy, I asked instead for a refund which they’re happy to effect for me.

i had damn best written off that money, I feel I owe you ladies a cut now!

I’m going to put the funds towards a professional consult and bespoke facial with a local clinician who comes highly regarded. And let her recommend a product range for me. Again, thanks to tattler advice 😍.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Aude

VIP Member
Doesn't Angie (HotandFlashy) look great at 60? Due to consistent use of well-researched (but relatively cheap) skincare and devices (NuFace and LED mask) and discipline around exercise and eating.

1666620424030.png

• Heart
Reactions: 13

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Literally cannot stop looking at my own reflection today.

I wish I'd been influenced by this thread sooner to get the NuFace.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Hey guys, I just wanted to share a REALLY bad experience I had with Lookfantastic the last few weeks.

I preordered the Advent Calendar in September, at the time we were told they were to be delivered in October. October arrived and I got no notification of dispatch and que a 6 week long process to find out where my delivery was. The took €102 out of my account on October 14th (even though they weren't supposed to take the money until dispatch was ready) the then supposedly sent the item on the 20th but the tracking number I got for it was a dud. I contacted them for the correct tracking number and they never gave me one just said to wait until the 9th November for delivery.

We'll the 10th came and no item or tracking number and I got back onto them to demand my refund but they refused to give me a refund until I "returned the unwanted item" even though they know I didn't have it because even they don't know where it is!!

I started the chargeback process with my bank, spammed their Facebook and Instagram posts looking for my money and letting people know what happened me, reviewed them on Trustpilot and I private messaged them on Instagram and shared all my messages with them from the app (10 screenshots in total) outlining the different times they lied to me etc.

They agreed to refund me yesterday but I honestly think that's because my bank must have reversed the charge already.

Please don't buy from them, they have good deals but what's the point if you never get the item!!??

Sorry for the long post, I just don't want anyone else to get stung as I consider myself very lucky to get my money back from them and it took alot of time and effort on my part to ensure that I did.

• Wow
I hope you’re feeling better.
I’m sure it’s the time of year. Everyone I speak to feels like their get up and go has got up and gone.

I almost bought the UFO 1 when it was a TSV on QVC the other week but decided against it because I’ve loads of “normal” masks to use up. At least it’s given me a kick up the backside to start using them again, I did one on Sunday and another today. I should get them all used up in time to get a UFO 2 on Black Friday NEXT year! 😁
Ah thank you, I shouldn’t have been fishing for attention there, it’s just a bit of work stress and in the grand scheme of things and the way the world is for so many at the moment, my problems are decidedly First World! But yeah, the time of year has probably knocked me for six a bit, not that I wish ill on anyone but it’s nice to know a lot of folk are feeling a bit ‘blah’ of late and it’s not just me feeling a bit like a forgotten balloon from a birthday party; a bit deflated and sad in a corner, haha!

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
I’m toying with buying a Foreo Luna, are they a decent investment? I’m a die hard cleansing balm and flannel user thus far.
As I'd like to say something about flannels, could we consider them to be a cosmetic device - albeit a rather low-tech device?

What I'd like to say is that I think Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes are wrong in recommending using a flannel rather than a muslin cloth with a balm cleanser. The main reason Eve Lom - who invented hot cloth cleansing* - used a muslin cloth is because the open weave of the muslin allows you to exfoliate more precisely (e.g. wrapping it around a finger you can really get into the sides of the nose). A warm flannel is too blunt an instrument.

I do agree though that the small muslin cloths you get with some balm cleansers are useless. The Eve Lom cloth is the largest I've come across but the Liz Earle one is a good enough size too.

*I couldn't say for sure that she 'invented' it, but she was the certainly the first to market hot cloth cleansing (having used it for years in her salon).

Reactions: 11

mindlessness

VIP Member
My vote would be for the NuFace, but get the one that you can buy the ELE attachment for, then you are covered for jowls and eyes.
I was thinking the same thing!

Hi everyone!
I’m new to this thread but definitely need to add something to my skincare routine.
Could someone please tell me what the difference between all the devices are ?
Hi!

Okay so, the frequently mentioned devices here sort of fit into four different categories.

LED Masks - Current Body, Omnilux, Dr Denis Gross etc. For more info on how these works I recommend this excellent blog. It goes into what they do, how they work etc. Great for the lazy - I just wear mine in bed for 15 minutes at night or in the morning while I make my coffee. You can get one for your decolletage too.

Microcurrents - Foreo Bear, NuFace etc. I'm not 100% on the science of these but I think they help tone your facial mucles with little electrical currents. I definitely look more 'awake' after regular use.
Hot & Flashy is a favourite of many here, and does a good video comparing the two.

and the third 'Nifty skincare gadgets' - Foreo UFO (which also had LED, and you use with little sheet masks), Reduit (which claims to push concentrated product into the skin using a very fine mist). Reduit is new-ish and there have been mixed opinions on it here. But the UFO (and UFO 2) are well loved!

Face scrubbers - Basically where the no-longer sold Clarisonic would go. Some of us now use one of the Foreo Luna devices.

All of these devices end up on sale/special so definitely look out for those.

I am missing a few devices here I think, but these are the main ones.

Please don't feel a need to get it all. What are you main concerns? there's probably a device best suited that we can reccommend.

What exactly does the LED mask do, what’s it’s purpose? Is it a completely different thing to the nuface/bear and even the UFO which uses LED
yes! Different thing to the microcurrent devices. Have a look at the blog post I linked from Goals to Get glowing. I found it super useful when researching buying mine.

Last edited:
  • Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
I haven’t used my Foreo UFO in months! I ran out of masks and just haven’t been able to afford them. I hope the Foreo website do a sale again 🤞🏻 I have however been using my NuFace 5x a week and the difference around my jaw/cheeks is amazing!

• Heart

bealtaine

So, I hope she doesn’t read this because I’ll feel like a right dick, but I recently met up with a friend I hadn’t seen for about 3 years. I’ve been quite worried about seeing people again after all this time because I’ve gained weight and I feel I’ve aged quite a bit too. I stopped having Botox and fillers due to the pandemic, then never went back and just hid behind masks for a bit.

ANYWAY, after we’d met up she texted me to ask who’d done my Botox/fillers because she wanted a recommendation. (She’s never had anything like that done before.) Didn’t believe me when I said it had been over 3 years since I’d had either! (I mean, maybe she was just being kind 😀.) I guess the NuFace/Ziip must be doing something after all? That or the weight gain has padded out my face a bit.

(Just realised that might look really arrogant, but I meant to convey that it was a nice surprise. I still look like a potato 😀.)
Thanks for sharing this story @rosemarina Good job NuFace/Ziip!….Or maybe it’s time for you to realise how beautiful you are, devices or no devices! My wish for you is for you to be able to see yourself as your lovely friend saw you that day. She was full of admiration for how you’ve taken care of your appearance. I’m taking your message as a sign that I need to send more compliments out into the world, just like your friend. 💖

PS (I’m still carrying the extra weight I put on during Covid, and can soooo empathise with your trepidation at meeting someone you hadn’t seen in a long time. I really admire that you gave yourself the nudge required to go and meet that pal).

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
What kind of results did you see from filler? I'm considering filler for upper lip lines but don't want anything too obvious. Not so scared about botox which I'm also considering but worried about lip fillers looking very obvious
I used to be very bothered by my upper lip lines and I've tried five different things.

Filler. For a couple of years, around 12 years ago, I used to have a tiny bit of filler injected to fill out the lines. It did fill out the files but it also slightly altered the appearance of my upper lip, making it look 'done'. I was surprised by that, given the very small amount being used. I think the filler used to last about 9 months. I stopped having it done because I didn't like the way it altered my mouth. It's possible that a different practitioner could achieve a better result with filler but I did go to a very experienced person (Dr Tracy Mountford who runs a very successful London practice).

Botox. I've been having Botox for over 20 years. On one occasion the aesthetic doctor I was then seeing suggested that the best solution for upper lip lines was Botox - presumably to stop me pursing my lip. Although I was concerned that it would affect the functioning of my mouth he assured me that it wouldn't. But it did. I can't quite remember how - I think it made me pronounce 'p' as 'b' or something like that. I only tried it that once. Another practitioner might get a better result but, again, I had gone to a very experienced doctor (who I won't name and shame).

Ultracel. Not sure exactly what this is but it uses ultrasound and radio frequency. I had this around 10 years ago, not specifically for upper lip lines but for lower face. It unintentionally created a wound to one side of my upper lip where I now have a small scar. Lovely. The treatment was very painful and expensive and I didn't see any improvement. So, yes, altogether a lovely experience.

Tretinoin. This is the thing that I think has worked the best. It takes, literally, years but after consistent use of tretinoin my upper lip lines are less pronounced than they were 10 years ago despite me being 10 years older.

Profhilo. As mentioned in the post above, I tried this recently and I think it has further helped. If you were to try this, I'd suggest that you find a practitioner who is happy to target Profhilo to the area(s) you think might benefit - otherwise they might inject it per the standard protocol (all over your lower face).

I haven't tried any of the 'resurfacing' skin treatments that are on offer - lasers, peels etc - but I suspect they might be the best thing for deep lines (mine were never that deep) although with a fair bit of downtime. Nor have I tried Morpheus 8 which seems to get good reviews.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Please report back. It's on my list for if I get a good* bonus next month.

(* not banker-level good!)
I will!

And for any new posters popping into the thread my top tip with devices is to think long and hard about where they could slot into your routine otherwise they'll just sit there gathering dust. Sounds obvious, I know, but I really regret getting an LED mask that takes 20 minutes as it's boring and hard to find the time to fit into my day. Whereas I know some others love that the 10 minutes of the Current Body mask is a bit of quiet time. Similarly, I don't find the NuFace a bore as it's 'active' and not just me lying there doing nothing. But some others find it a chore

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
So the Currentbody LED mask is on offer today on QVC for £200. Comes with 5 hydrogel masks.
Is that a good price?
I’ve never used one before so did a bit of research and liked the Omnilux one but it’s hard to get on the UK and much more expensive so Currentbody was my second choice.
I’m new to LED masks so would love your thoughts please.
Sorry to quote myself but I just wanted to give an update.
I received it in the 10th August and had hoped I’d have a full 60 days to test it before deciding. However, QVC used to give you an extra weeks “grace” to allow for delivery/return times but not any more I’m afraid , they wanted it returned by 6th Oct which was exactly the 2 months from ordering (not receipt).

Anyway, just after receiving it, I caught Covid so I didn’t feel like using it for the first 10 days which was a pain.
After that, I’d say I used it times a week.
At the beginning of last week I had noticed zero difference to my skin (been using just over a month) so decided I’d return it this coming week. I was so disappointed but £200 is a lot to pay for something that did nothing.
Then on Thursday morning I looked in the mirror and noticed my crows feet were softer. I thought perhaps I’d just not slept as heavily that night so checked again that night and every morning and night since. Yes they definitely aren’t as deep as they were before. It’s very subtle, and I doubt anyone else will notice but I can.
I think I’ll carry on with the 5 times a week because it’s so easy. I don’t know if my skin will improve more with regular use or just stay as it is now - perhaps someone who has an LED device could advise.

PS I’ve also been placing it flat on my décolletage but not noticed any change there yet.

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Not sure if this has been posted but Foreo are doing the UFO for £99 and UFO 2 for £124 with free UK delivery, plus an extra 10% discount with the code "ADD10" - that seems like a bargain to me, the UFO 2 comes in at £99 with the 10% code (10% is taken off the original price of £249). Haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else yet. I already have the UFO but gonna pick up the 2 as a gift for my mum.

Just added it to my basket and there's also a free gift at checkout. I've chosen the toothbrush!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
What I also love about Angie is that she makes no secret of having to work hard to look as good as she does- she never pretends it's effortless or anything. And even more than that, she makes it seem like fun. I know it can be a lot of work but it can be enjoyable too

Aude

VIP Member
I haven’t touched my microcurrent device since someone here mentioned a thyroid interaction. It sounds terrifying:

The patient used it once only, for less than five minutes, and only on the face (not neck) and it caused severe thyroid problems? These rare reactions do seem to happen - thinking of the small number of people who had a severe adverse reaction to a Covid vaccine.

It doesn't put me off using my Nuface - which I've used for 4 or 5 years - anymore than I was put off getting a Covid vaccine because of the tiny risk of an adverse reaction.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I know this might sound sad but I sent them feedback and said that putting things like 'Chrissy Teigen uses the Luna 3' is extremely off putting. I could not give less of a crap what Chrissy Teigen uses!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I'm going to go against the grain and say that the Trinity is worth the extra money. You don't need to buy the attachments but the bigger size makes it worthwhile for me. And at least if at some point in the future your needs change you can always buy one or both of the attachments. I have both attachments and used them loads in the beginning, not so much now but still no regrets

I bought your Trinity on it's own at first and only got the two attachments after a while (and not at the same time so this spread the cost out a bit)

@greenvelvet I totally get what you mean. Devices and skincare are my hobby and I enjoy the pampering. If I look tired or whatever I enjoy the pampering and see it like a challenge!

• Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Update on the Philips Lumea -

I've done three sessions now and am due my fourth within the next few days. To recap I am pale with a variety of dark and mousy brown body hair.

Pros
  • Regrowth time overall has slowed a lot. It used to grow to visible stubble (not just grain-of-sand size) back in two days and now it's been two weeks and only got to that point within the last day since I did it nearly two weeks ago
  • Snail trail hair is pretty much gone other than three hairs - this was the best result. It was dark so makes sense. I am happy with this as shaving never ever sorted this. I'd always be able to see little dark spots
  • Leg hair has decreased, but not by much. Weirdly, it's been more effective on the lighter, almost blonde hair on my thighs than the darker, mousy hair on my calves
  • Bikini line decreased, but not by much
  • Armpit hair decreased a bit (dark)
  • The result of shaving is overall now pretty good compared to before when it was a waste of time - it's quicker and more painless than epilating, too, which is what I normally do
  • My skin hasn't reacted badly to it at all and it is literally painless. The 'rubber band snapping' feeling is not painful at all and you only feel it occasionally, maybe once or twice per session
  • It's pretty quick - shaving & IPL combined is less time than epilating and again, pain-free
  • Generally, the fleshier and flatter the area, the better the result seems to be
Cons
  • I don't think the next session will totally get the remaining hair. I think at least another two are necessary before I get to the maintenance stage
  • Hormonal hair (idk how to describe it) seems to be tougher ie around my armpits and bikini line than other dark hair
  • Not surprised that it's been less effective with the leg hair so far given it's mousy-coloured
  • I know it says you can epilate/wax beforehand but I'm not sure I believe that and shaving sucks when you have long legs, even though my results are better now
  • In my last session, it kept overheating which significantly prolonged the session
  • I have to do it vertically on my shins because it doesn't detect my leg otherwise
  • I am not practised at shaving and my God it's hard to make sure you're totally hair free in the relevant areas! If you are a seasoned shaver this probably won't bother you
  • On narrower and less flat areas like my shins, creases (bikini line fold), armpits, it's less effective - probably because it's harder to get it flush with the skin
I started to notice a small difference after the second session. I do think it's working it's just semi slow going. The time passes anyway though so I'm very happy to persevere. Will update once I get a significant result or after another two-three sessions - whichever comes first