Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m thinking about replacing my Clarisonic with a Foreo Luna with all the deals coming up, a yearly supply of the heads I like is almost as expensive anyway. There seem to be a few, any recommendations? Would the mini (cheapest one) do the job just for daily cleansing?
Yes I have the mini 3 too and find it’s sufficient for day to day cleansing!

Reactions: 2
Saw this in Lidl today, £14.99. No idea if it’s any good as didn’t buy it as I have a foreo but I’m sure it would do an ok job as I’ve had a cheap silicone brush from Amazon before which was nice.

FBD14FED-3250-44BD-BB70-03AA8AB2EC7E.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I’m toying with buying a Foreo Luna, are they a decent investment? I’m a die hard cleansing balm and flannel user thus far.

Reactions: 1
I have been enjoying using my Foreo Luna Mini again since I found it. I use it maybe twice a week at most. I’ve only charged it up once since rediscovering it and I haven’t needed to recharge it. Bonus!

Reactions: 4
So final verdict on uni reduit? All in?

And @SqualorVictoria is the UFO 2 worth getting if you have the UFO?

happy weeks beauty junkies!
I think I’m the only one who held off on the Reduit, but that was only because I thought my curly hair would drink up the product and make it uneconomical.

I’ve got a UFO and I’m very happy with it. If it was out of warranty and it broke, I think I’d still just get another UFO unless there was an absolutely amazing deal on a UFO 2.

I am holding off on the Reduit too. I think I am at peak devices for my skincare routine currently 😅 I also am happy with my hair care routine as is. But it’s cool technology!

So final verdict on uni reduit? All in?

And @SqualorVictoria is the UFO 2 worth getting if you have the UFO?

happy weeks beauty junkies!
I like the Reduit Uni and am enjoying it but for now I think it's a nice to have rather than an absolute essential! I'll see how I go with further uses but no regrets

As for the UFO, I think if you're still using and enjoying the UFO then I don't see a reason to upgrade. I was given the UFO2 as a gift, otherwise I'd still be using the original

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The Foreo Luna 2 is a bit cheaper but I can't really see why, does the 3 have anything extra or is it just that's a newer more expensive model? I wish the heads for the Clarisonic weren't so expensive, I'm not sure I will like the Luna as much but the Clarisonic heads are extortionate!

ETA never mind, I just found this incase anyone else is interested: https://www.currentbody.com/blogs/editorial/comparison-between-foreo-devices

Think I will go for the mini 2 to save the £35!

Hey guys! 35% off foreo bear at current body! Has anyone used them before? Are they good with customer service? Thanks!

Missed my Reduit Uni delivery today, seems like I have a nice Hermes person who didn’t want to leave my parcel out in the rain!

• Sad
Hey guys! 35% off foreo bear at current body! Has anyone used them before? Are they good with customer service? Thanks!
I’ve only just dealt with Current Body when my LED mask went missing with Hermes, everyone on here said they were really helpful and I have to agree - they were very very quick at responding and helping me get a replacement out

Reactions: 5
Has anyone had their ears pinned back? I'm looking for recommendations for a surgeon in the South East/London area.

I’m toying with buying a Foreo Luna, are they a decent investment? I’m a die hard cleansing balm and flannel user thus far.
As I'd like to say something about flannels, could we consider them to be a cosmetic device - albeit a rather low-tech device?

What I'd like to say is that I think Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes are wrong in recommending using a flannel rather than a muslin cloth with a balm cleanser. The main reason Eve Lom - who invented hot cloth cleansing* - used a muslin cloth is because the open weave of the muslin allows you to exfoliate more precisely (e.g. wrapping it around a finger you can really get into the sides of the nose). A warm flannel is too blunt an instrument.

I do agree though that the small muslin cloths you get with some balm cleansers are useless. The Eve Lom cloth is the largest I've come across but the Liz Earle one is a good enough size too.

*I couldn't say for sure that she 'invented' it, but she was the certainly the first to market hot cloth cleansing (having used it for years in her salon).

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.