Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Aude

VIP Member
FAO @rosemarina and @Aude , going to unfollow the SH thread, every time I log on I feel like there's a comment about how women age overnight
Don't let it get you down. That's not everyone's experience. I know it sounds barely believable, but I'm as happy with the way I look now (in my late 60s) as I've ever been.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Went to Primark today and they had some cool stuff, not technically devices but gua sha, rollers and these amazing cryo balls!

Put then in the fridge earlier and now just sat rolling them over my oiled face. Heaven

BD5C3136-E06C-48A1-85B3-04ABE46B8662.jpeg
E171163A-0494-44C0-971E-C799F8454F75.jpeg

• Heart

MinnnieMouse

I haven't posted for a while, but I bought the Tripollar stop vx over the summer. I haven't been overly diligent about using it as it was so hot, but even using it once a week makes a difference, I think my neck looks better and my jawline and cheekbones definitely look more lifted. I spend 25 mins doing it (in front of the TV with a mirror). I really like my NuFace but would say this is better. I'm usually good at using my devices over the winter so will hopefully use it more than once a week - will report back if I see other results.

50sGirl

VIP Member
status update!

I submitted a report on PayPal last week thanks to the wonderful advice of my beloved tattlers.

yesterday, Paula’s choice contacted me to advise that the DHL courier has confirmed they’d misplaced the package. And they would be issuing me a new one

once bitten, now shy, I asked instead for a refund which they’re happy to effect for me.

i had damn best written off that money, I feel I owe you ladies a cut now!

I’m going to put the funds towards a professional consult and bespoke facial with a local clinician who comes highly regarded. And let her recommend a product range for me. Again, thanks to tattler advice 😍.
Its such a shame that it took a Paypal report for Paula’s Choice to investigate. It will certainly put me off ordering from them. Poor customer service.
Pleased you got your money back and enjoy your facial.

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I tried the cannabis UFO mask today. It’s been recommended a lot and I’ve been like nah that looks rubbish. Oh wow! Think it’s my new fav. Such a nice thick consistency and my skin felt so plump and soft after. Goes to show I should have listened 🤣

• Heart
My Hermes courier is far too good at their job and hasn’t hidden my Reduit Uni in a bush! Left my outer door open a bit when I left this morning in the hope that they would shove it behind that door but they are too conscientious. Final attempt tomorrow, going to have to leave them a note! I’m obviously not really complaining. Knowing you have a decent Hermes local person is a huge relief!

Reactions: 7

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
OT - there’s a bit of a vibe shift over there eh?
I know we keep this thread for devices but maybe could hijack/create another for a channel of reccs/discussion around the beauty end of things? That’s the only reason i stuck around SH threads tbh - hope @Aude you never see my bookmarks, basically every post you make 😂😂😂
Yes I felt the vibe shift! I'm still not over PJ Harvey being described as seeming like she needs a good bath

Foreo, I love your products but you're pushing my limits with emails like these

Attachments

• Wow

bealtaine

I’m so excited! I got an email from Reduit today to say that the Boost device I pre-ordered on Kickstarter will be posted soon. Watch this space!

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Ladies, I had my third Dermapen facial last week and I have to say I am loving the results. My skin is plump and glowing and I just look more alive (43 for reference).

I'm having a course of six, one month apart and will 100% have more in future.

• Heart
Used the NuFace mini for the first time this morning. My face does all feel a bit different for using it, whether that’s because I’m deliberately looking and feeling for a difference or because it was basically a bit of a massage I don’t really know, but I liked it! I followed up with The Ordinary’s Argireline because people describe it as ‘Botox in a bottle’.

When I downloaded the Foreo app for my UFO2 I was impressed that I could register my ancient Luna Mini as well. There’s no particular connectivity gains that I can see but it did allow me to look at the manual to make sure I’m getting the best use out of it.

I’ve gone a bit gadget mad in the last couple of months and I got a Philips Lumea IPL device as well. I bought it primarily to deal with delightful excess facial hair, but I decided to test it on my underarms first and I must say I’m quite impressed that after only 2 treatments it’s slowed the growth of my underarm hair. I turn into Cousin It within hours of shaving usually, all over (such a delight!). I think it will probably be a longer road with my face but so far, so promising!

mindlessness

VIP Member

Dyson has revealed plans for 20 new beauty products by 2026 which can only mean they’re heading for skin. Skin gadgets are still enjoying their moment as a hangover from lockdown when sales surged as the commute disappeared and most people had more time to spend on themselves. There’s not a hint of what the new products might be but I’ll place a bet on LED masks. Looking at emerging gadget trends from Asia, gadgets to apply your skin care with mild heat for more efficacy seem to be popular as does a new method of drying hair using vibrations (I know… the mind boggles).
News that might be of interest!

• Heart

January

Dither no more reduit order placed for my hair and one pod for my skin. I’m now ridiculously excited. Chilled glass of vino and it’s Friday. My treats to me 😄. Absolutely love all the advice and honest feedback. I’ve lingered but only recently felt brave enough to post. Thank you all.

• Heart

bealtaine

Have we got any reviews on the Reduit Boost yet? I was tempted by the kickstarter but didn't contribute as I was underwhelmed by the Uni. Still interested to know if it's any good!
Thanks for the nudge to share my experience with the Reduit Boost so far. First of all it’s a very cute looking device! Secondly, I’m shocked at the full price cost in comparison to the Kickstarter price. I bought mine for around 45€ and it’s 199€ full price on their website! Thirdly, because I already have the UFO2 I was expecting the Boost to slide around my face in the same luxurious fashion as the UFO2. But unless I quadrupled the amount of product I normally use, then this won’t happen! The cycle is incredible short, maybe 10 to 15 seconds. It seems to literally push the product into your skin and then its job is done and there’s no point trying to slide it around your face trying to get a massage from it because the product is well absorbed into the skin! Fourthly, the app is slightly fiddly. You can very easily upload your products into the app - that part is very impressive! But in order to use the Boost you must use the app (ie you must bring your phone with you!) , and then you have to add the products you are using into a “favourites” list and set the Boost device to run from there. I use different moisturisers by night than by day, so it seems that I have to change my favourites list each morning/evening. This only takes seconds each time, but it feels like a hassle! (I’m open to correction from any other users about this!). Although Boost does recognise my cleanser, I find it easier to skip using it for that stage of my skincare and keep it for the products I want to sink into my skin. As I’m not even using it a full week yet I can’t say that my complexion has changed just yet! But I have noticed a nice tingle in my skin after using some of my moisturisers with the Boost. It was a tingle I used get when I first started using my products, and then as my skin acclimatised the tingle went away. This makes me wonder if the Boost is indeed living up to its promise of penetrating the skin further and helping me get the most bang from my buck in terms of the active ingredients in my skin care! I await further feedback from fellow tattlers with interest too!

• Heart

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Sorry to jump in here and I’m hoping this is the right thread to post this..
Can anyone recommend either a good at home wax kit or an epilator?

I was leaning more towards waxing as I prefer the results but due to my job (I’m a postie) and having to let the hair grow to a certain length before waxing again I’m thinking an epilator might be better for me.

Have you considered an IPL machine instead? They’re more pricey than an epilator but, depending on the type of hair you have, work loads better if it’s long term hair reduction you’re after.

I’ve tried everything over the years and IPL has been by far the best. I hardly ever have to shave my legs now, and there are no ingrown hairs during treatment, which is a complete pain with either waxing or epilating.

If you read back on these threads there’s plenty of chat about IPL machines and some recommendations. I picked up a Philips lumea which was on sale, but there are a wide range of devices available now. Check out the Current Body website.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I use cloths twice 🙈 hang on the heated towel rail. Then after I’ve used it twice I clean my child with it for the third use in their bath 🤣🤣🤣 then it gets a wash in the washing machine. I’m clearly a grub.

• Haha