Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got a Foreo Luna fofo at TKMaxx today reduced to £15!

skin feeling very smooth after first use so excited to see long term what it’s like

Reactions: 8
I got the Neutrogena hydro gel body lotion for use with my Nuface body (decided it was time to dust that off and start using it again), it worked well. I don't think I'd use it on my face though, it's quite perfumed

I finally cracked and got the Dennis Gross mask. So far it has been worth the substantial cost, the fact that it's only 3 minutes means I've used it every day. The strap is maybe a bit flimsy but I don't mind as it's so quick to use.

My Aduro LED mask is pretty much redundant now, I don't think I could go back to a 20 minute LED session. I read that it can be used to promote hair growth by tying the straps under your chin so I'll repurpose it for that, at least it won't go to waste

Reactions: 5
The main reason for going for the Dennis Gross one is the fact that it only takes 3 minutes, that was the major selling point for me. Even if I'm running late I can still use it. I know the Current Body one gets raved about and treatment takes half the time that my Aduro mask does (10 minutes vs 20 minutes) but those minutes are precious when I'm rushing to get ready in the morning

I use the Nuface body on my abdomen, it can also be used on thighs and arms but I just stick to the abdomen as otherwise it would be too time consuming (5 minute treatment time per area). I do like it but it's incredibly boring to use and it has gathered dust a bit for a while. So like any devices I'd say it's only really worth the splurge if you know it's going to be used consistently!

Reactions: 2
thanks @SqualorVictoria im definitely doing the LEF mask this year! It’s happening! 😄 yeah I agree, I bought the bear and having to use it with the app annoys me so much, I don’t use it nearly enough

oh wow, interesting. What does it do for the abdomen?

enjoy your new treat!

If someone tries the Reduit boost please, please, please let us know how it goes 💛

I used the Foreo UFO this morning with the cannabis seed oil mask. It’s my favorite at the moment 🙃

Reactions: 6
The main reason for going for the Dennis Gross one is the fact that it only takes 3 minutes, that was the major selling point for me. Even if I'm running late I can still use it. I know the Current Body one gets raved about and treatment takes half the time that my Aduro mask does (10 minutes vs 20 minutes) but those minutes are precious when I'm rushing to get ready in the morning

I use the Nuface body on my abdomen, it can also be used on thighs and arms but I just stick to the abdomen as otherwise it would be too time consuming (5 minute treatment time per area). I do like it but it's incredibly boring to use and it has gathered dust a bit for a while. So like any devices I'd say it's only really worth the splurge if you know it's going to be used consistently!
Can you keep us updated on the Dennis Gross as time goes on? I’m thinking that might make it on my list to Santa this year 😂

Reactions: 3
If someone tries the Reduit boost please, please, please let us know how it goes 💛

I used the Foreo UFO this morning with the cannabis seed oil mask. It’s my favorite at the moment 🙃
I invested in the Boost, haven’t received it yet, though. I will report back! I’m hoping it is better than the Uni which I loved but the pods consistently stopped working, as I’ve complained about on here many times before!

Reactions: 5
I invested in the Boost, haven’t received it yet, though. I will report back! I’m hoping it is better than the Uni which I loved but the pods consistently stopped working, as I’ve complained about on here many times before!
According to the website it should be shipping late April!

Lmk if I need to take this question elsewhere: I have to use a steamer daily for the next month as part of an eye treatment. Does anyone have recommendations for skin care products to make the most of this new routine?!

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the thing they’re doing at Boots? It just popped up as an ad on my IG, the No7 pro derm scan thing

I’m intrigued but wondering if they just use it to sell you No 7 products and not to really give you any proper advice.

Lmk if I need to take this question elsewhere: I have to use a steamer daily for the next month as part of an eye treatment. Does anyone have recommendations for skin care products to make the most of this new routine?!
Sarah Chapman sells a facial steamer so I wondered whether, in connection with that, her website would have some relevant advice. All it says is to clean the skin thoroughly first and, afterwards 'Follow with your regular moisturiser or serum to prolong the hydrating benefits of the steam or cleanse skin again to decongest.'

• Heart
Has anyone tried the thing they’re doing at Boots? It just popped up as an ad on my IG, the No7 pro derm scan thing

I’m intrigued but wondering if they just use it to sell you No 7 products and not to really give you any proper advice.
I would imagine it’s a marketing tool, but might be interesting to try if you were thinking of buying something anyway.

Reactions: 1
I have just read something on another forum I thought might be worth sharing here. Someone using a Nuface (avoiding the neck, just on the jawline and cheeks) has bloods taken regularly and it really messed with her thyroid results. When she stopped using it, they went back to normal.

Obviously this person has a pre existing thyroid issue, but might be worth noting just in case anyone is noticing weight differences or other issues whilst using the Nuface.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I have just read something on another forum I thought might be worth sharing here. Someone using a Nuface (avoiding the neck, just on the jawline and cheeks) has bloods taken regularly and it really messed with her thyroid results. When she stopped using it, they went back to normal.

Obviously this person has a pre existing thyroid issue, but might be worth noting just in case anyone is noticing weight differences or other issues whilst using the Nuface.
hoping this isn't the case with the foreo bear bc my thyroid is already fucked atm...

Did anybody see the Therabody (?) device KJH was using on her stories today? It was basically all the devices rolled into one. One device with different changeable attachments for heat massage, cryo, micro current, LED etc. Bet it’s expensive.

Did anybody see the Therabody (?) device KJH was using on her stories today? It was basically all the devices rolled into one. One device with different changeable attachments for heat massage, cryo, micro current, LED etc. Bet it’s expensive.
pretty sure it's this one!

Yes I saw that and I want one!😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.