Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t used my Foreo UFO in months! I ran out of masks and just haven’t been able to afford them. I hope the Foreo website do a sale again 🤞🏻 I have however been using my NuFace 5x a week and the difference around my jaw/cheeks is amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I haven’t used my Foreo UFO in months! I ran out of masks and just haven’t been able to afford them. I hope the Foreo website do a sale again 🤞🏻 I have however been using my NuFace 5x a week and the difference around my jaw/cheeks is amazing!
Omg I just remembered I have one still in the box!!! What difference have you noticed exactly??

@50sGirl this is the thread for LED devices! I have the Dennis Gross and love it. I know a few here use the Current Body and love it too
Thanks! Only just seen this tag.
So…
LED devices - I have many questions!
Are they any good?
Are they worth the money?
What do they actually do?
Do they take up a lot of time?
Which to avoid?
Recommendations?
Do you get what you pay for?
Pretty please and thank you! ☺

PS
Info: Early 50s, very fair, “normal” skin, never used Botox or fillers - skin tone a tad uneven (slight redness on cheeks), couple of broken blood vessels on cheeks, a few lines around eyes, dark under eye circles (always had since my teens) and my number 1 looks like it may become an 11 soon. 😬

Reactions: 2
I just got the Philips Lumea. I will update you on how it goes (pale skin, light brown leg hair (that's very fine)). I've done one session so far.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but my hair, other than under my arms, is already growing back a little bit slower. I now have stubble 2 days after shaving. Normally it would be visible by the next morning, so I'm taking it :) ofc you don't get a £240 device to delay regrowth by a day but hopefully it bodes well! I wish I had bought it a little earlier on in the year but I was tight for cash.

Reactions: 6
Thanks! Only just seen this tag.
So…
LED devices - I have many questions!
Are they any good?
Are they worth the money?
What do they actually do?
Do they take up a lot of time?
Which to avoid?
Recommendations?
Do you get what you pay for?
Pretty please and thank you! ☺

PS
Info: Early 50s, very fair, “normal” skin, never used Botox or fillers - skin tone a tad uneven (slight redness on cheeks), couple of broken blood vessels on cheeks, a few lines around eyes, dark under eye circles (always had since my teens) and my number 1 looks like it may become an 11 soon. 😬
I think I have the perfect blog post for you. It's what I read before I went down the LED path:

I started with a Current body mask but now use a Dr Denis Gross, mostly because it's faster!

Reactions: 3
I think I have the perfect blog post for you. It's what I read before I went down the LED path:

I started with a Current body mask but now use a Dr Denis Gross, mostly because it's faster!
Thank you.
I shall take a look.

I just got the Philips Lumea. I will update you on how it goes (pale skin, light brown leg hair (that's very fine)). I've done one session so far.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but my hair, other than under my arms, is already growing back a little bit slower. I now have stubble 2 days after shaving. Normally it would be visible by the next morning, so I'm taking it :) ofc you don't get a £240 device to delay regrowth by a day but hopefully it bodes well! I wish I had bought it a little earlier on in the year but I was tight for cash.
I bought a Lumea last year and I’ve never regretted it. Wish I’d invested years ago!

I hope it works it’s magic for you!

• Heart
I really love it! I was worried my face wouldn't fit into it properly but turned out to be fine. An unnecessary upgrade but I don't regret it!
There's a certain influencer/ blogger who claims it was too small for her face. I'll give you a clue, she's an oaf...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There's a certain influencer/ blogger who claims it was too small for her face. I'll give you a clue, she's an oaf...
I'm not an oaf but my face is too big for it 😂it doesn't cover ~1 or 2 cms of my jaw which tbh I was expecting, when I was researching I got a tape measure out and compared the dimensions of all the main ones, and did think it was unlikely it would cover my whole face but was 🤞🏻 hopeful I was wrong. I don't regret my purchase because the 3 minute runtime is a big selling point. However, a (normal sized head) friend of mine is looking at getting a mask and if she wants to get the same one I have I may offer her mine and get myself one of the bigger ones. I get paranoid about my jawline being left out.

Reactions: 3
I got a Dermaflash from Current Body. It arrives today 😬

ETA just to say I used a Dermapore knockoff the other week and was very pleased. My skin looked a little bit extra after. 💖

• Heart
First try with the dermaplane: I count five tiny nicks 🩸 🤕 this is going to take practice!

First try with the dermaplane: I count five tiny nicks 🩸 🤕 this is going to take practice!
I’ll be honest, I don’t see what this product has going for it over manual derma plane blades.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Anyone looking for a Foreo TKmaxx had some in my store so keep an eye out at your local one.

Reactions: 8
Help!

ok I’m 38, have very oily skin, but it’s also prone to dehydration, I’ve a few deeply set lines in my forehead and nasiolabial but my biggest issue is my pores. They’re enormous and constantly blocked. I never thought I’d still be plagued with blackheads when approaching thirty! I’m lucky in that I’ve never really had acne but the congestion is real. And it really really bothers me.

I’m posting in both skincare and beyond skincare to see what kind of solutions might be recommended???
I am in the same situation as you and my method is to use oil massage.
I make my own massage oil, a 1:1 mix of coconut oil and cocoa butter, with a few drops of lavender essential oil. I massage my face twice a week for 15 minutes each time and wash it off afterwards using a oil removal cleanser (I use Estee Lauder perfectly clean as it removes oil strongly!) I really recommend it as it leaves my face completely fine and clean.
Finally I will use a moisturising sheet mask.

Pores that have gotten bigger can't be reduced any further, when I really want to improve them, I have to engage in multiple chemical peeling programs. (Because you don't have acne, I wouldn't actually recommend it. It's very irritating to the skin.)

The only other way to combat oil is to moisturise, hydrate your face and use a moisturiser. Another thing is to drink more water, if you consume 2l of pure water a day, believe me, you will find much less oil on your face as well.

I would avoid using essential oils on your face - especially if prone to sensitivity. But I do think oil cleansing can help with clogged pores.

@Carapop have you tried any salycilic acid before? I think the Paula's Choice BHA lotion might work to help with your clogged pores.

I would avoid using essential oils on your face - especially if prone to sensitivity. But I do think oil cleansing can help with clogged pores.

@Carapop have you tried any salycilic acid before? I think the Paula's Choice BHA lotion might work to help with your clogged pores.
Yes, you're right. Beware of essential oils. I use essential oils because I have acnes and to prevent them from getting infected.

Thanks folks!

i made a mammoth order (e200) with Paula’s choice in June after being recommended the BHA here.

I’m still waiting to receive it!

i didn’t think twice about the wait until there was nothing after a month

I’m in Ireland so well used to brexit causing lags

paula’s choice say they can only investigate within a two week window and I’ve waited too long. DHL (the couriers in question) have told me they can’t speak with me directly, only the business. I was on hold with them for 90mins yesterday. Dealing with their Netherlands office.

i think I may need to accept I’m not getting this famous BHA 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.