Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried the Bulgarian rose mask with my UFO last night for the first time... I don't think I'm overly keen because it was a mostly cold treatment!
You can change it in the custom settings if you prefer the warm treatments.

Reactions: 2
I tried the cannabis UFO mask today. It’s been recommended a lot and I’ve been like nah that looks rubbish. Oh wow! Think it’s my new fav. Such a nice thick consistency and my skin felt so plump and soft after. Goes to show I should have listened 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi all 👋🏻Not been on here for a while!
I need some advice on my gadgets please
Okay so I have the UFO 2, the current body LED mask and trophy skin microderm which I have started using this week.
Am I ok to use my LED mask after using the microderm? Can I use retinal after also?
I have googled but the advice seems to be based on salon microdermabrasion and I’m not sure if the same would apply with an at home machine!
I use the UFO 2-3 times a week, but not sure if that combined with the LED mask would be overload?

Got my eye on the NuFace Trinity also thanks to this thread 😆

Okay so I have the UFO 2, the current body LED mask and trophy skin microderm which I have started using this week.
Am I ok to use my LED mask after using the microderm? Can I use retinal after also?
I have googled but the advice seems to be based on salon microdermabrasion and I’m not sure if the same would apply with an at home machine!
I use the UFO 2-3 times a week, but not sure if that combined with the LED mask would be overload?

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to use the LED mask (I've never had any adverse reaction from mine no matter what I've done before) but I wonder if you might get sensitivity with the retinol after? I wouldn't class myself as an expert though :oops: How are you getting on with the Trophy Skin? The reviews for it look pretty good but I'm always far more swayed by a product if it gets enthusiastic reviews here.

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to use the LED mask (I've never had any adverse reaction from mine no matter what I've done before) but I wonder if you might get sensitivity with the retinol after? I wouldn't class myself as an expert though :oops: How are you getting on with the Trophy Skin? The reviews for it look pretty good but I'm always far more swayed by a product if it gets enthusiastic reviews here.
Yeah I’m a bit worry about putting retinal on after so might skip it on the days I use it! I might start using my LED mask in the morning as I do the microderm in the evening!
I’ve only used the trophy skin a couple of times so can’t really comment fully, but you can really see your dead skin on the little filter afterwards. My skin feels really soft so all good so far.
I’d never heard of it to be fair, my mum bought it for me for Christmas as her friends daughter has had one a while and loves it! I’ll report back once using it a few times
Also, I only buy stuff reviewed on here, so many tattlers are so worthy of freebies that these fake influencers receive 😆

Reactions: 5
Yeah I’m a bit worry about putting retinal on after so might skip it on the days I use it! I might start using my LED mask in the morning as I do the microderm in the evening!
I’ve only used the trophy skin a couple of times so can’t really comment fully, but you can really see your dead skin on the little filter afterwards. My skin feels really soft so all good so far.
I’d never heard of it to be fair, my mum bought it for me for Christmas as her friends daughter has had one a while and loves it! I’ll report back once using it a few times
Also, I only buy stuff reviewed on here, so many tattlers are so worthy of freebies that these fake influencers receive 😆
I’m in the same boat - I’m still learning. I used it a couple of times before I realized that I need the precision attachment. That one picks up so much, it’s crazy.

I use the CB LED mask and use medik8 crystal retinal after it and have no issues. Depends how your skin is I would imagine.

Does anyone use a gua sha? I got one in my beauty advent calendar and I believe it’s good for you, has anyone followed any good tutorials for it? I’ve used a facial roller but never that.

I use the CB LED mask and use medik8 crystal retinal after it and have no issues. Depends how your skin is I would imagine.

Does anyone use a gua sha? I got one in my beauty advent calendar and I believe it’s good for you, has anyone followed any good tutorials for it? I’ve used a facial roller but never that.
Yes I have a gua sha! I only really use it if I'm using a facial oil that night (so maybe twice a week?). I just search on youtube for gua sha tutorials and choose one at random to follow. Gothamista has one which I remember liking:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Venlicon I stumbled across an article that answers some of your questions. They recommend going gently for one week after microdermabrasion ≠ no retinol or vitamin C and a ton of other things. It doesn’t mention LEDs. My own LED tool’s manual recommends doing a three minute patch test on the forearm. If it turns red and lasts for more than 2 hours, it means the skin is sensitive to light.

https://www.heydayskincare.com/page...7~a6d47578-f889-4a67-97d6-a5926c825391~63k5mc

Sensitivity, I discovered, also switches if you have a monthly hormone cycle. Something that works one week isn’t guaranteed to have the same results the next week. This is turning into quite the learning experience for me 👀

Last edited:
How's all the device usage going for everyone in the new year? After thinking long and hard about it I'm going to get the Dennis Gross LED mask in the next few months. The Aduro one I have takes too long (20 minutes) and I tried but I don't always have time to fit it in so it's not being used consistently. The DG one only takes 3 minutes so in the time it takes to make a cup of tea I can easily slot it in

Please report back. It's on my list for if I get a good* bonus next month.

(* not banker-level good!)

• Heart
Please report back. It's on my list for if I get a good* bonus next month.

(* not banker-level good!)
I will!

And for any new posters popping into the thread my top tip with devices is to think long and hard about where they could slot into your routine otherwise they'll just sit there gathering dust. Sounds obvious, I know, but I really regret getting an LED mask that takes 20 minutes as it's boring and hard to find the time to fit into my day. Whereas I know some others love that the 10 minutes of the Current Body mask is a bit of quiet time. Similarly, I don't find the NuFace a bore as it's 'active' and not just me lying there doing nothing. But some others find it a chore

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I got the fix in the sales and I’m not sure what I think. Maybe it’s still to early to tell, I enjoy using it though and the serum it comes with is nice (not sure I’ll rebuy though as it’s very pricey for the size)

How's all the device usage going for everyone in the new year? After thinking long and hard about it I'm going to get the Dennis Gross LED mask in the next few months. The Aduro one I have takes too long (20 minutes) and I tried but I don't always have time to fit it in so it's not being used consistently. The DG one only takes 3 minutes so in the time it takes to make a cup of tea I can easily slot it in
My sister brought the Dennis Gross mask last week, after me singing praises about my current body one. She loves it so far!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve been a bit lax with the NuFace and not been quite doing it 5 times a week. I quite enjoy using it, though, my skin feels nice after. I need to work it into the morning routine so I can benefit from the temporary initial effect, but my sleep and work pattern has been a bit all over the place so far this year so I’ve alternated with being up with the lark and rolling out of bed and in front of my laptop in my PJs.

The UFO2 has been fun as well! The only problem is I’ve been a bit too excitable about my skincare and new devices so I’ve had a breakout. It might be purging but I think I’ve just gone too far with products etc.

The Phillips lumea is working really well on my underarms after 3 sessions. It’s not working as well on my facial hair after two, but I will persevere.

I still haven’t contacted Reduit about my Uni. I’m still a bit sad it won’t dispense the pods I like the best.

Reactions: 4
@SqualorVictoria I can't remember do you have the Dr Denis Gross LED mask for the decolletage? I am tempted by it (intrigued by their claims it can also help with muscle pain relief etc). Less tempted by the price :LOL:

hi all! got my mum the ufo 2 for xmas - dad got the device, i got like 7 or 8 masks for her to try so currently working our way through all the different ones. she really loves it so far and we usually get a treatment each with the left over serum so i'm not complaining either! think she'd enjoy the foreo bear microcurrent device so said ill read up and will be for her birthday late march (turning 54). genuinely struggling if to go for the bear or bear mini or if to wait for them to bring out an upgrade (obviously don't know if or when that'll happen). the original bear appeals bc it has the stronger intensity, but bear mini is more targeted and can get in around eyes and mouth. any youtube reviews i've watched say to get both but wondered if anyone has experience with either and which is preferred, or if another brand is better - thanks in advance!!

also very seem to be having sporadic sales of the ufo masks - got the night ones for £5 at new year and collagen and h2o are down to £13 atm!

@SqualorVictoria I can't remember do you have the Dr Denis Gross LED mask for the decolletage? I am tempted by it (intrigued by their claims it can also help with muscle pain relief etc). Less tempted by the price :LOL:
I do! While I don't use it every day I'm glad I got it even though it was extremely expensive. I stick it on my stomach if it's acting up and don't ask me how but I do feel it helps. The light is strangely calming too.

hi all! got my mum the ufo 2 for xmas - dad got the device, i got like 7 or 8 masks for her to try so currently working our way through all the different ones. she really loves it so far and we usually get a treatment each with the left over serum so i'm not complaining either! think she'd enjoy the foreo bear microcurrent device so said ill read up and will be for her birthday late march (turning 54). genuinely struggling if to go for the bear or bear mini or if to wait for them to bring out an upgrade (obviously don't know if or when that'll happen). the original bear appeals bc it has the stronger intensity, but bear mini is more targeted and can get in around eyes and mouth. any youtube reviews i've watched say to get both but wondered if anyone has experience with either and which is preferred, or if another brand is better - thanks in advance!!

also very seem to be having sporadic sales of the ufo masks - got the night ones for £5 at new year and collagen and h2o are down to £13 atm!
The Mini one is absolutely tiny! I'd say go for the Bear for the intensity though to be fair I haven't used the Mini. The Bear is still small enough to be used on areas like the upper lip so I wouldn't see the advantage of going for the much smaller and less strong version

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.