Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amazing! Thanks so much for the replies, I tested it on skin without the gel applied and it didn’t sting me. But it still lights up and makes a noise so I’ll throw it on a charger and will see if that brings some juice back into it! If she’s dead for good then I might just repurchase the full sized one to be able to use the attachments. I’ve got the fix and I’ve only used it didn’t really align with me (would be happy to sell alongside two full fix serum tubes for silly money just so someone could get joy out of it instead of it gathering dust in my drawer - please delete the comment if this is not allowed). But I think the prong eye attachment on the full sized nuface might vibe more with me. Is the LED attachment necessary if I already have an regularly use a LED mask? Do you think it does anything extra?
Before writing it off, I would check with the experts (e.g. CurrentBody) if it's possible that it's not emitting a charge even though it's lighting up.

Reactions: 3
My order of a bunch of different Foreo masks for my UFO 2 arrived today! Notino seemed to have some of the best prices about for them so I splashed out on a few different ones. But which to pick first?!?!

Reactions: 1
Ooh, ooh, Açai berry? Rose? Rose has a cool cycle though, so depends which hemisphere you’re in as to whether that sounds good right now.

Reactions: 2
also on the topic of rosacea, has anyone ever had laser treatment for theirs?? derm said he'd refer me to plastics for an assessment bc i'm a bit apprehensive - thing is i'm not that bothered about the colour but it does make my face swell / sting / itch so if that would improve then i'm down to try anything!
I have 🙋🏼‍♀️

I've had it done a few times through an aesthetic/skin clinic. I've only been able to go sporadically over the last couple of years due to covid restrictions and so on, but it has made a real difference and well worth the money imo. My rosacea is fairly mild but the laser treatment is the only thing that has really worked in the long term. Also helped clear up a few hyperpigmentation marks, way more effective than any skincare would do.

Ooh, ooh, Açai berry? Rose? Rose has a cool cycle though, so depends which hemisphere you’re in as to whether that sounds good right now.
I have açai already and I really like it! I don’t think I went for rose this time but I was tempted. Very much in the northern hemisphere, haha! The more warming the better!

I have açai already and I really like it! I don’t think I went for rose this time but I was tempted. Very much in the northern hemisphere, haha! The more warming the better!
Yes, not keen on the cooling ones myself. Wish I'd asked this thread first!

Reactions: 1
I would imagine the cooling ones might temporarily make my pores a bit less visible, although I have enough bad things about my beefy complexion not to stress too much about being blessed with large pores…

They’re nice if you have a bit of a headache, too. I have totally neglected my UFO2 recently. Must fix that.

Reactions: 4
just jumping on to salute @SqualorVictoria for the tip on using Avene spray. moved from a Trinity on loan for a few weeks to getting a Foreo bear. Serum Serum Serum is no good for slip, but has been good for radiance. i was already a fan of the NuFace gel, but it dries much quicker with the Foreo bear, and if i use too much the nodes get clogged up and keep buzzing thinking they’re in contact! one layer of the gel and a spritz of the Avene spray is perfect for maintenance mode

• Heart
just jumping on to salute @SqualorVictoria for the tip on using Avene spray. moved from a Trinity on loan for a few weeks to getting a Foreo bear. Serum Serum Serum is no good for slip, but has been good for radiance. i was already a fan of the NuFace gel, but it dries much quicker with the Foreo bear, and if i use too much the nodes get clogged up and keep buzzing thinking they’re in contact! one layer of the gel and a spritz of the Avene spray is perfect for maintenance mode
Thanks for posting this, so glad it's working for you! I love this thread ❤

• Heart
I’ve read these threads on and off and I’m thinking of dipping my toe into the beauty device market. I’ve tried to read for a summary but can’t really break it down.
I have a knock Off foreo Luna but that’s all.
Can anyone direct me to a summary post or suggest something I can read?
I’m looking for something that will address tone, elasticity, plumpness, glow that kind of thing. Something for youthfulness?

Eta: Lisa Bonet is the dream. Signs of aging but youthful tone. Amazing
9F9BE9A5-F1F3-4CB6-BA33-9BEF364168A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I know this might sound sad but I sent them feedback and said that putting things like 'Chrissy Teigen uses the Luna 3' is extremely off putting. I could not give less of a crap what Chrissy Teigen uses!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh no, Foreo. Please don't start doing this. So off-putting
Chrissy Teigen’s endorsement means nothing to me. A few years ago I tried out a toothbrush that she swore by and it was so bad. I would have had a better clean if I just gargled water.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I’ve read these threads on and off and I’m thinking of dipping my toe into the beauty device market. I’ve tried to read for a summary but can’t really break it down.
I have a knock Off foreo Luna but that’s all.
Can anyone direct me to a summary post or suggest something I can read?
I’m looking for something that will address tone, elasticity, plumpness, glow that kind of thing. Something for youthfulness?

Eta: Lisa Bonet is the dream. Signs of aging but youthful tone. Amazing
I can't think of anything that compares different types of device. If it were me, I might do a 'chat' with CurrentBody. I think they sell all the main types of device and I imagine they could talk you through which devices are useful for what. Obviously, they'll want to sell you something so, if it were me, I'd be clear (with myself at least) that this was just a fact-finding exercise. (Though, if/when you do decide to buy something, I would recommend CurrentBody. I've found their customer service good and I think others here have too.)

Personally, I have a microcurrent device (NuFace Mini), an LED mask and the UFO2 which is a device that takes the place of sheet-masks. Of the three, the NuFace is the one that I'd say does the most for me - it gives a very slight lift and I think it improves skin quality.

The UFO2 is one that can be used occasionally but the Nuface Mini and the LED mask have to be used regularly to get any benefit. I think that some people are temperamentally suited to regularly using at-home devices (I am) and some people aren't - so best to be realistic about whether you can commit to using it before spending any money.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.